• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] UO Player Q&A

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This just in from our friends here on Stratics!!!</p>

Lately it seems that not only do we have a surge of new players, but we've also had some returning vets loaded with questions, and not really sure were to go to ask *So what's changed since I've been gone???*</p>

Well fear not, returning vets! UOHall, while a lovely place to visit, just doesn't quite get you ALL the information you seek...SO we here at Stratics decided to give the New Players Corner a bit of love.</p>

The Title New Players Corner seems geared towards, well..New Players! But since we have returning vets that might have the same questions, we don't want them to feel..noobish *grins* by having to visit the New Players Corner...SO we've re-vamped the forum and renamed it... <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=uonewplayers> UO Player Q&amp;A </A></p>

UO Player Q&amp;A</p>

Are you a new player with questions? Or perhaps a veteran who needs a refresher course? Welcome to the UO Players Q&amp;A Forum where FAQ stands for Frequently Answered Questions! This is the place where specific questions can be asked and elusive answers and tips can be found. Knowledgeable and courteous players and staff are always willing to lend a hand!.</p>

We can't answer you if you don't ask!</p>

We hope that new AND old players alike will utilize this *new* old forum to find the answers you seek! </p>

F

Fayled Dhreams

Ah ! well done !

Magdalene, T'Amon-from work as mods?

excellent

G

GragusMortal

Needs to be updated on the Forum Selector on the main page as well. Still says New Player Corner.

B

Belmarduk

I have seen a few returning players - but real New players?.... hm

G

I have honestly met a couple of "new" players... was their "spouse" who got them playing but they were NEW... From time to time this does happen..... one guess as to why...... Because UO can still be played on a 10 year old computer. While many of the newer graphics heavy games can NOT... if UO were to market right they would be able to pick up on that fact alone.. however KR is NOT playable on a 10 year old pc.. my ole HP definaly can't run it. Anyway I added my name to the list of folk willing to assist. Love the concept.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

I have seen a few returning players - but real New players?.... hm

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen quite a few "real new players" recently. I've talked with several of them, and to a man/woman, they all said they'd been playing WoW for a year or more, and got sick to death of the end game grind, so decided to try out UO since it's been around for so long. Several of them said they're enjoying not having a level based grind, but are loving the freedom to do what they want. One of them was a Swordsman/Chef.

Better watch out UO Chefs......the Nerf bat may be coming.....

G

I've noticed an uptick of "youngs" too - not huge numbers, but the last few days as often than not, if I go to New Haven, there's one wandering around.

G

Will be nice to have a place for players to ask questions and not get flamed by the Moderator as well as other players for asking a simple question. I will be checking in on this forum often.

G

Nice to see the New Player Corner getting some love! &lt;3

Every question I've ever asked over there has been quickly and thoroughly answered. It's been a definate help for me since there have been so many changes since I played before.

Thank you to the regular posters over there and Moderators. You have all made it a great place for newcomers and returning players too. *smiles*

G

We'll get it ... the main changeover was done about 1 AM Eastern today.

G

We've had both over there believe it or not. And even when I reurned I went there right off to ask questions.

G

Thanks Littleblue ... and I gotta say the folks responding in there have taught me some things as well.

Gunner ... and others: c'mon over and just scan the place. Who knows, something in there may just be what you need! The FAQ is undergoing a slight transformation, and other threads are in the process of getting looked at. So, house cleaning is going on somewhat.

But do stop by and help out if you can, ask what ye will ... and answers will be had.

G

It'll be hard to remember to say UO Player Q&amp;A, hehe.

I'm kinda going to miss the 'New Player Corner' namesake. Just sounds friendly to me. =)

G

Please update, or let us help you update the guids on the main stratics page.

G

The majority of the guides ARE player written. I believe there are links and instructions as to how to go about submitting changes/updates.