• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] UO burns Scriptor House in Luna

G

UO is taking action against scriptors as we have hoped for.

It is certain that there are many out there still, but this is a good start, just outside the center walls of Luna.

The Scarcrow in the middle says, "Effigy Of A Traitor."

Burn baby burn!!!

<center>
</center>

D

dhekke

Is it me or after the burnings started there are a bunch less vendors around luna?

R

rockytriton

so do we know for a fact that's why the house was burnt? Is there any info on this on the official uo site? I kinda assumed that he was exploiting like duping or something.

G

This is f****** awesome. I hope it's just the first of the many.

Breeze64

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I LOL everytime I go pass there!!! Hope they continue to do this!!!

I also hope they do something about all the houses that are standing on trail account that peeps are long gone from

I

imported_FarausKarzak

Okay heres my thoughts, maybe im wrong, correct me if i am.

A certain bulk ingots and gems supplier had like 4-5 vendors around cities on LOT of shard.

She just happen to put one luna house for sale in last weeks.
its been sold to one of her friend for less than nothing =P

and now all those vendors are gone, houses are burned down and we didnt saw K*** in weeks.

And now the patch is there, we all need ingots and she cant rip us off =)

EA said that we would be warned long before they burn your house if your a scripter.
I guess she did what she had to pretty fast before gettin banned.

G

*nods* I think that you have answered your own (implied) question.
I certainly will not be one to (correct) you.

The Stratics Staff, reporters and moderators are players such as yourself for the most part and are in no way directly associated with the acts or decisions of EA Games. We simply attempt to stay informed and inform others, about gaming events, for informational purposes.

I attempt to "report" in the sence and ideals of character roleplay.

There is no way of knowing directly whether this was truly a "scriptor" situation, since those details are exclusively between EA Games and the client(s) involved. My own experience with others has taught me that - usually, if there is duping going on, there is scripting and unapproved 3rd party programs involved as well.

I, by no means, intend to implicate anyone with this brief article, but believe that it is definitly worthy of discussion.

T

TheGwy

I agree 100% with you handsome, I dont care who it is, if you get caught and I hope you do for scripting of exploiting and happens that we are "friends" I will show you no pitty, Great Job EA, Mythic &amp; Draconi

I

imported_Guildmule

<blockquote><hr>

This is f****** awesome. I hope it's just the first of the many.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew today is a good day to visit, and now I know why.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! *laughing at the burnt cheaters* - Go [CENSORED] yourselves! HAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! *laughing at EA* - They always say better late than never, but you guys are half a decade late.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! *laughing with you* - I am so happy to finally get to share this moment with you people.

*CRIES* - Too bad this happened a couple of years too late, because everyone that really cared already quit the game. Be honest, those of you that stayed don't really care about the cheating that much, and certainly don't let the cheating effect your rec.

To the Devs: Now can you make it so we can pee on those burning plots to put out the fires? Please let us piss on them cheaters before the doors hit them on their way out?

O

Oda Nobunga

I'm happy to see progress is being made while I have been gone. For too long people have used short cuts to get ahead in UO. I'm happy to see honest players are able to once again compete in the UO Marketplace.