• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Trick or Treat!

G

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary=""> <tr><td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> </tr> <tr><td bgcolor="#000000"></td><td>From all over the shard, the shambling spirits came, converging on Umbra bank! There were reapers, orcs, strange were-creatures, and other scary monsters!

As I stepped from my moongate, to hear the growls and snarls around me, I was about to unleash a few flamestrikes, when some of them greeted me by name! This was no gathering of the undead - apart from the various members of VmP who had come along - this was Skylark's Trick or Treat event!

The bank vaults had exploded, it seemed, and gold flowed everywhere!

Those of us who were supporting the event handed out bags full of costumes in Halloween hues, and then the gates were opened to our first stop on the Trick or Treat Tour!

We arrived in Wakatown, where a ghostly apparition in a glowing shroud greeted us! Generous bags of loot were handed out to one and all, and all agreed 'twas a wonderful treat!
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td>
Then came the first trick of the evening! Those rascally vampires appeared, and tried to help with the decorations by leaving skeletons lying around! Whose skeleton did not seem to matter - their own, the trick or treaters, and even a passing forest creature or two!

Magic spells flew around the place, their sparks adding to the festivities! I fired off a few, blindly, but stopped after hearing howls of pain from Chimera, who had unfortunately never heard that it is safer to be behind a blind man who is casting spells than in front!

A large orange pumpkin was also deposited on the steps, but some mentioned that this was the first pumpkin they had seen with six legs waving in the air!

We left VmP and Waka to celebrate in their own way, as more VmP arrived, armed with eggs and toilet paper, and we returned briefly to Umbra, before heading on to our next destination.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td> In Wispwood Shire, a rather grotty looking orc greeted us, and, after some confusion over exactly WHO was supposed to be giving tribute.. sorry, treats, to whom, he handed out jugs of orcish cider as a treat!

We had a look around his home, and inspected his decor, which seemed to indicate that he was one of the Doom orcs, rarely seen above ground.

After another quick stop back in Umbra, we headed on to a secret location, specially prepared for the night!

</td> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td>

There, the Queen of the Night waited for us, in a house strewn with items! I stumbled around the floor blindly, groping around for a hand-hold.
The sensation should return to my face in a day or so, the healers tell me...

Queen of the Night told us of the departure of her fellow Queen, Crafting Queen, from our shores, and that the house was a farewell gift. What a treat!

Then, came the trick! The house vanished, and items fell all about the place! Everyone scurried around, grabbing what they could, amazed at the magic that could make a whole house vanish into thin air!

We headed back to Umbra once more, to allow the trick or treaters to deposit their bags of loot safely, before a glowing gateway took us to Iantown!

</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td>
</td> <td> A talkative axeman gave free tips on how to get the most out of a blade, and various large creatures could be heard scuttling back and forth around the place!

Whispers received a special treat - amnesty from his status as The Blaze Party Bandit, but was still lead towards the guillotine for a trick!
Unfortunately, not being able to see this, I got in the way, and spent much of the evening floating around as a disembodied head.

The ale flowed freely, and, from the state of my boots this morning, I would have to say that the blood did as well!
Fortunately, 'twas only decoration... or so they tell me.

</td> <td> After another quick visit to Umbra, we went to our last stop of the night - for, 'twas only fitting that a Trick 'n Treat night end at the home of TnT!

</tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td>

A famous vampire awaited us upstairs (no, not you WyRm!), and had treats for all!

There was fun, laughter, and a punch-up or two, and everyone headed off into the night, having had a very enjoyable night! </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000">
</td> <td> Many, many thanks to all who were involved, especially to Lady Skylark, for arranging and co-ordinating everything! </td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor="#000000"></td> <td bgcolor="#000000"><font color="#ff6600"> <center> Special thanks to MeMn0cH for all the assistance he gave me, and pictures he provided, while reporting on this fantastic event! </center> </font>

</td> </tr> </table>

M

MeMn0cH

I still wanna know what was behind the whole orc act..

I mean how did Grot become so fluent and good at speaking Orcish?

I

Ibichi_Wakayama

Skylark,Thank you for a job well done. I think with all our deaths and some of VMPS the rest of the trip around Trick or Treating should have been safe for you.

Great story Otto.

And the only place last night I was able to see was the TnT house and I loved the way it was decorated. Great Job.

G

I remember (back in the good ole days) every time I was in the Shire, there were always Orcs around. I had to keep a translator nearby because I am very poorly educated in the Orcish language.

M

Mandolin

Well told, Blind Man.

Wakayama clan.. you fought bravely for your souls. *bows*

G

A vampire kept throwing *kisses* at me by the Umbra bank there. I kept backing away saying "Ack ack dont kiss my neck".

Then I backed into and tripped over some scrungy flea bitten vampiric dog named Spyder, as the vampire Crunch kept coming towards me saying *kisses* *kisses*. I have not awaken from my slumber yet, to find out if I have grown any fangs overnight.

**** Shudders **** Not sure yet, if that vampire Crunch's behavior towards me last night, is a trick..or a treat !

D

Dor of Sonoma

Excellent job, Otto and Memnoch!

A most fitting tribute to the event itself...as well as to all of those whom labored selflessly to make it all happen.

It was fun. :)

G

Ibichi, the Iantown tavern will most likely remain decorated for a day or so. Sissy worked very hard on the place. So feel free to go check it out.

G

Grot

<blockquote><hr>

I still wanna know what was behind the whole orc act..

I mean how did Grot become so fluent and good at speaking Orcish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Know thine enemy. We lived close to, and fought the orcs from the beginning of Siege. Hard _not_ to pick up the speech.

(Not to mention I played an orc on Cats for 4 or 5 months.)

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Then I backed into and tripped over some scrungy flea bitten vampiric dog named Spyder

[/ QUOTE ]

*bites*

I am not flea bitten! *scratches*

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who was the bad person that put toilet paper on the Umbra bank?

G

I have no idea who was TPing the bank! I do have other questions, though - who won the best decor contest, and who won the best trick/treat contest?

M

Mac on SP

Skylark you did a wonderful job putting this together. I had a blast and I know this will be remembered on Siege for years.

All you good folks that handed out treats. Thank You. Wasn't expecting such wonderful treats.

Pollux, your becoming more and more like your brother everyday. I fear the day that blaze infects your brain like it has Castor's.

Thanks again to all of you. It was the best event I've been to on Siege yet.

Errand

S

Sloan

awww c'mon..... the girls night out was pretty good.... weren't you one of the boys that was dancing for us?

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

awww c'mon..... the girls night out was pretty good.... weren't you one of the boys that was dancing for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

*gasp*

I

imported_Castor

i was the beefcake you are referring about..not mac..:p

Winners of the contests will be announced today...:)

G

Aye! Bea loved the girl's night out, but is now demanding an identity check if there is another one. Apparently she doesn't think Pollux's pink dress suits me.

*wonders if this is really such a great advert for his legendary tailoring skills*

C

craftingqueen

Great farewell memories for me

Hope that all enjoyed it

Thanks Skylark, for allowing me to participate in this great event.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GOD DAMNIT WHAT DID I MISS AGAIN!!!

[censored] RL! IVE HAD IT, THERES GOIN TO BE AN END TO THIS RL [censored].

*goes gets gun*

G

Errrr. yes sir. Very good sir.

The doctor will see you now...

T

Timothy_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Errrr. yes sir. Very good sir.

The doctor will see you now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt that will help.

J

Just Because

LOL in almost every picture I'm making a typo. Priceless

M

marichessy

I had a great time helping out with the night's festivities. It was so good to see everyone out and about.

The homes were amazing in their decorations and the treats were wonderful! Everyone involved did a great job.

Thank you Skylark, and everyone who put in so much hard work to make the night possible!

G

Otto,

Thank you for participating in the event, AND for providing the great news coverage! Although it may be in keeping with the theme, I am sorry you had to be half zombie to join us, with it being close to 4 a.m. in your part of the world!

Thanks to Mem for his help as well in the news coverage.

-Skylark