• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS: Tracking the Slime spawn

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
O

Old Man of UO

Alrighty, at a suggestion from someone in UHall to use the shard forums to find the new color slime spawn, I thought it would be great to start a thread so we can all find it as it changes.

Anyone find it today - 12/18/2008?

Oh poo... I meant to say "Slime Spawn"

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Tanya on LS knows but will not tell unless you give her things. :(

K

Kensai Tsunami

this is a great idea. me and my girl are venturing out now to look and will report here as soon as we find anything.
as for lady tanya, if its true, she should try growing up. here is what i would give ya for the info ...:twak:
its like the a$$holes charging big money for runes to them ...pitiful.
hopefully, a few losers wont ruin the potential fun of this event with their childish greed.
gl everyone in your search.
:thumbup1:

O

Old Man of UO

I talked to Cyrah, and Tanya was just trying to scam him.

I searched all over the northern part of the main land mass of Ilshenar and found nothing. I have to head to work now else I would keep looking.

Good luck!

K

Kensai Tsunami

ok well a bunch of us have been searching all over the place from fel to ilsh all day and nada!
now the shards are down so maybe they forgot it.
tho its more likely this is for some sort of exploit since they wont say what its for.
i dunno bout anyone else but i dont think the slimes are there.
:spider:

W

weeps

I have been all over the cities and parts of ish today and my gf has been all over ish as well. We found bumkiss and that is about it. I found normal slimes in fire dungeon i tried killing them and clicking on them to verify they were not the correct slimes. I really hope that they get easier to locate. I had planned on hitting all the dungeons after i got off work but now the servers are down. Assuming we find them the spawn will move.:yell:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alrighty, at a suggestion from someone in UHall to use the shard forums to find the new color slime spawn, I thought it would be great to start a thread so we can all find it as it changes.

Anyone find it today - 12/18/2008?

Oh poo... I meant to say "Slime Spawn"
I think this is a great idea and you beat me to it Old Man *grins*

Instead of making this a sticky we'll keep it updated daily even if no spawn is seen please to keep it towards the top! Also Old Man if you wish to edit your title you still can! Just go into edit, then advanced edit options and you can change your title bar from there. If you would like to preclude your title with the word [News] I would not object at all.

Happy hunting everyone!

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks for the tip, Airmid!

By the way, I am assuming that the spawn location changes daily at server save. Does anyone know if this is true?

K

Kensai Tsunami

confirmed sightings of 2 slimes at tram brit farms area. light olive and dark blue. not sure why barry didnt post that here but his findings are correct.
they are very near the passage thru the mountains to the west of town.
:eyes:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
confirmed sightings of 2 slimes at tram brit farms area. light olive and dark blue. not sure why barry didnt post that here but his findings are correct.
There was too much personal garbage at the beginning of this thread. I will post future results here though. We should try to have some level of detail to be consistent. I suggest the following;
Date (since this is a running thread)
Location (duh)
Colors (if there are any with the [color] names)
Time and your timezone (so we dont have to log in to stratics and get the converted time, I can get right to the hunt :gun:).

Example:
Slime Sited!!!
12-19-08
Where: West Britain Farms
Colors: Light Olive; Dark Blue
Time: 10:00 EST

How does that sound?

Stayin Alive,

BG

C

Casca

There was too much personal garbage at the beginning of this thread. I will post future results here though. We should try to have some level of detail to be consistent. I suggest the following;
Date (since this is a running thread)
Location (duh)
Colors (if there are any with the [color] names)
Time and your timezone (so we dont have to log in to stratics and get the converted time, I can get right to the hunt :gun:).

Example:
Slime Sited!!!
12-19-08
Where: West Britain Farms
Colors: Light Olive; Dark Blue
Time: 10:00 EST

How does that sound?

Stayin Alive,

BG
Slime Sited:
12-19-08
Where: North of Minoc Gate
Colors: It changes as time goes on lol! I don't know why people are posting colors...
Time: 1:17pm (CST)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colors: It changes as time goes on lol! I don't know why people are posting colors...
The reason I suggest posting colors is that some of the slimes have colors tagged in their names. In the west britain farms, I saw slimes that were named "an acid slime [Light Olive]" and "an acid slime [Dark Blue]". Yes, there were other slimes of varying colors there too, but they were not named differently. I personally dyed dull copper, shadow iron, copper, bronze, agapite, verite, and valorite hues from the non-[color] named slimes. If you don't see any when you find a slime spawn, just put "no specific colors identified yet".

BG

N

Nat/Bella

Don't recall out if you're poisoned. I was redlined before I could cure it with greater cures. It kept failing.

N

Nat/Bella

Sorry was referring to yesterday. No sighting yet today, but it's NOT at chaos shrine or Heartwood, also checked the periphery of Moonglow. That's all I have time for today.
Someone posted these possible locations, from previous event:
Hedge Maze
The Fields West of Britain
Chaos Shrine
Fire Dungeon
Exodus Dungeon
"Sosa Lars" (Sorcerers?)
"NEKURO man Sir arena" (Necromancers' Arena?)
Doom
Bushido Exercise Hall
Yomotsu Tunnel

D

Dalton4902

Might anyone have any sightings on these troublesome stealthy slimes?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Might anyone have any sightings on these troublesome stealthy slimes?
they wont appear today if i am right its tomorrow or day after then every other day after that unless there is a spawn problem

D

Dalton4902

They weren't there yesterday, though, so shouldn't they be here today?

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I dye my virtue armor set, will it be the new color instead of white when I put all 8 pieces on?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If I dye my virtue armor set, will it be the new color instead of white when I put all 8 pieces on?
no it changes to white when all 8 are on then back when you take one off

N

Nat/Bella

26/12 slimes still at brit, but the npcs are infected with cowardice, the guard zone is down, and you will get poisoned.

O

Olddog

Slimes are in Exodus dungeon today seem to be the same color. olive and dark blue
Have fun 27/12/08 4:30 pm AST

D

Dalton4902

Slimes Sighted:

Chaos Shrine - Felucca
12/29/2008

BE CAREFUL!! They WILL poison you and I could not cure it at 115 Magery/Eval Int. It did kill me, so watch it.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slimes confirmed at the NW corner in Doom. Looks like the same colors.