• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Sonoma Event Promoter's Guide

• Thread starter JaydeSilverhart
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JaydeSilverhart

Greetings, fellow Sonomans!

In recent months, there has been some confusion about the processes involved in scheduling an shard event. We had some outstanding events in 2005, including the wildly successful Twelve Days of Sonoma Christmas. We're hoping 2006 brings an even more exciting time for our little community here on Sonoma. To that end, your Stratics team is asking that event planners use this checklist as a guide to promoting your event on Stratics.

Step One: Create an Event Thread

Creating a Sonoma forum thread for your event gives you a great canvas to get all the details of your event out. More importantly, it gives other Sonomans an opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions, and offer to help ensure the event is a great success. Note, however, that event threads will not be made sticky, which is one of many great reasons for:

Step Two: Submit to the Sonoma Calendar

At the top of the Sonoma forums index, you will see this week's calendar of events. Hopefully, it will be nice and full! At the bottom right of the calendar, look for this link:

Clicking it will bring up the calendar for the entire month, which for Sonoma would look an awful lot like [email protected]."][email protected][/email]. Let's make 2006 a year for the history books for everybody in the Sonoma family!

D

Dor of Sonoma

I would like to remind everyone that the notices on the Event Calendar are reserved for public events. :)

Event Calendar entries which list private, invitation-only events are not acceptable, and should be posted elsewhere.

Thank you. :)

M

Mandolin

Ugggh.. Jayde... I hope that your tutorial will have much better success than other reporters past and present have had with this quest to get people to use the Events Calendar on Stratics. Well done!! Now... no excuses like I've gotten in the past... "It's too complicated!" Well if you can brag about a taking out a guild 4 vs 10.. you can figure this out too..

J

JaydeSilverhart

Dor, the news version of this post has been modified to reflect your reminder. Editing the post here is problematic due to the HTML/UBB issue. Thanks again for the good catch.

J

JaydeSilverhart

Here's hoping, Spyder. It really bothers us when we miss an event because some other hot topic bumped someone's event thread off the front page.

We've been discussing ways to make the process easier; this tutorial is hopefully just the first step.

J

JaydeSilverhart

Woot! 104 posts in 3 weeks.

By the Light of the Avatar, I need a life! *grins*

J

JaydeSilverhart

One other suggestion I missed (it's late, sorry...):

You may wish to list in your posts whether gating service will be available. If it will, from where and at what times? Example:

Gates will be available from Luna and Haven banks from 6:45 until the event begins.

M

Mandolin

Well... I hope you have better luck this time than those of us in the past.. people easily ignore the event calendar, but quick to pancake on Stratics that an event was never covered... with the excuse that "some people don't read Stratics"... irony at it's best..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why submit my event to the calendar if I already have a thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, once the event is approved on the shard calendar it also appears on the General Events calendar on UHall. Pretty good exposure there!

J

JaydeSilverhart

Definitely, especially if you want cross-sharders to come by!