• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] The Sims Online Stratics Monthly Newsletter - November

G

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! The Sims online Stratics Newsteam has gained two new members! Please welome MandiK and SilverSpike to the news team! We once again, also, apologize for posting this article late!
</p>
<div style="text-align: center">

</div>

<span><u><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="font-size: large"><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="font-size: medium">Custom Content is Released in TSO for the First Time!</span></span></span></span></u></span>
</p>

((DISCLAIMER: The information included in this Headline is taken directly from official sources))
</p>

By Reporter: Fire_storm
</p>

On Thursday November 8th from 2-3 p.m. PST, players in TC3 were able to upload custom content!
</p>

How do I do make custom content?
</p>

Here's how:
</p>

First, make a folder somewhere that is easily remembered called Custom Content (or whatever you want). Put all of the custom content you make there. Remember that for the stands &amp; until further notice, your custom content must be a bitmap (.bmp), and it must be 100kb or less. Now, find your The Sims Online folder. For example, mine is at: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online Then double click on the TSOClient folder, then userdata folder, and finally the uploads folder. Make a folder in there called Images. Double click on it. On my pc, I am now here: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\userdata\uploads\Images Copy the image from your Custom Content folder you created at the beginning of this journey, and put it in the Images folder you just created. Now fire up the game, and go to a money house in TC3. You need to click on an easel and choose “Create Custom Painting.” (borrowed from Parizad's post at: (http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=414)
</p>

Updates for the week include: A new choice to the login screen, which tests if you can run with DirectX9. If you do NOT see the splash screen and get an error, you can install Direct X 9 from (http://www.microsoft.com/directx.) Top 100 bonus has been lowered, and will soon be applied to jobs and/or job objects. DJ and dancers got a 30% pay increase this week! Easels have been disabled on everything but money lots. The spotlight has been reduced for purchase, and also for refills. Prices of objects were reduced 25%. For all you crafters out there, there will be NO charge for failures! (http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=406)
</p>

Some of the updates set for Wednesday, November 14, 2007, include, more graphic cards should start working for the Direct X test. A new user agreement. Top 100 bonus is will be set to 0. Free play will be allowed in the next few days, in Test Center 3 ONLY. Start up funds will go to 0, but will be paying player bonus instead.
</p>

Also, on Tuesday, November 20, 2007, moves out of Test Center will no longer be available. On Wednesday, November 21, 2007, Test Center will begin to merge with Test Center 3. This will be without simoleans and lots. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR LOT, DO NOT MOVE OUT. This is for sims that do not own a house. On Wednesday, November 28, 2007, will do a full city merge into Test Center 3. This merge will bring everything EXCEPT simoleans. (http://tso-e.com/blog/?p=420)
</p>

<span style="font-size: medium"><span><u><span style="font-size: medium">Thrill's Custom Content Site</span></u></span></span>
</p>

By Reporter: MandiK
</p>

Searching through Stratics today, I came across a thread in Tips, Tricks and Tactics that got my attention. A custom content tutorial! Custom content made easy, for those of us who aren't creatively inclined. This is amazing! I would have never thought I would be able to upload anything of this nature, but when put like this, it gives us all hope, LOL. Here is the link to the site!
</p>

http://www.geocities.com/ealandtutorials/
</p>

The front page of this site shows how to make an existing chair 3D, applying a pattern to a plain chair, how to change the shape of a chair AND how to change the color of a chair! You can click the links to get more information! I suggest everyone go check this site out if you feel you might need a little help with the new custom content of EALand! This site is totally free and useful to all simmers! So, dont forget to check out Thrill's Custom Content Tutorial Site!
</p>

<span><u><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="font-size: medium">The Sims Stratics Monthly Statistics</span></span></u></span>
</p>

NOTE: These are not official Maxis numbers!
</p>

OTHER NOTE: The statistics are the average of the top five houses of each category.
</p>

Alphaville - SilverSpike
</p>

Money - 29.04
</p>

Offbeat - 1.04
</p>

Romance - 4.05
</p>

Services - 5.22
</p>

Shopping - 19.01
</p>

Skills - 162.27
</p>

Welcome - 1.24
</p>

Games - 2.05
</p>

Entertainment - 1.27
</p>

Residence - 1.01
</p>

</p>

Betaville - Missing Reporter
</p>

Help us out and Join the News Team Today! Click Here to learn how!
</p>

</p>

Blazing Falls - Missing Reporter
</p>

</p>

</p>

Calvin’s Creek - Starrfoxx
</p>

Money - 7.10
</p>

Offbeat - 0.36
</p>

Romance - 0.22
</p>

Services - 2.42
</p>

Stores - 16.02
</p>

Skills - 50.17
</p>

Welcome - 0.14
</p>

Games - 1.13
</p>

Entertainment - 2.11
</p>

Residential - 0.43
</p>

</p>

Dan’s Grove - Fire_storm
</p>

Money - 1.07
</p>

Offbeat - 0.18
</p>

Romance - 0.05
</p>

Service - 0.89
</p>

Shopping - 0.49
</p>

Skills - 17.57
</p>

Welcome - 0.15
</p>

Games - 0.00
</p>

Entertainment - 0.12
</p>

Residence - 0.35
</p>

</p>

Dragon’s Cove - Missing Reporter
</p>

</p>

</p>

East Jerome - Rizzo @ East Jerome
</p>

Money – 0.00
</p>

Offbeat – 0.00
</p>

Romance – 0.00
</p>

Services – 0.06
</p>

Stores – 0.08
</p>

Skills – 3.05
</p>

Welcome – 0.00
</p>

Games – 0.00
</p>

Entertainment – 0.00
</p>

Residence – 0.00
</p>

</p>

Fancey Fields - Missing Reporter
</p>

</p>

</p>

Interhogan - Missing Reporter Help us out and Join the News Team Today! Click Here to learn how!
</p>

</p>

Jolly Pines - Missing Reporter Help us out and Join the News Team Today! Click Here to learn how!
</p>

</p>

Mount Fuji - DJFroggie
</p>

Money - 3.56
</p>

Offbeat - 1.20
</p>

Romance - 0.34
</p>

Services - 1.11
</p>

Shopping - 1.23
</p>

Skilling - 18.27
</p>

Welcome - 0.06
</p>

Games - 0.00
</p>

Entertainment - 1.01
</p>

Residential - 1.24
</p>

</p>

Test Center - DJFroggie
</p>

Money - 0.30
</p>

Offbeat - 0.00
</p>

Romance - 1.00
</p>

Services - 0.45
</p>

Shopping - 0.21
</p>

Skilling - 5.16
</p>

Welcome - 0.00
</p>

Games - 0.00
</p>

Entertainment - 6.00
</p>

Residential - 6.00
</p>

</p>

Test Center 3 - DJFroggie
</p>

Money - 33.27
</p>

Offbeat - 1.25
</p>

Romance - 1.37
</p>

Services - 5.10
</p>

Shopping - 25.08
</p>

Skilling - 152.16
</p>

Welcome - 1.08
</p>

Games - 0.05
</p>

Entertainment - 2.50
</p>

Residential - 9.80
</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size: medium"><span><u><span style="font-size: medium">Gracie's Thanksgiving Day Parade!</span></u></span></span>
</p>

By Reporter:Rizzo @ East Jeorme It’s that time of year again! It’s time for Gracie’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. However, instead of taking place in Dan’s Grove, this year, Gracie Nito will hold the event in Test Center 3. This year’s theme is “activity”, so all you float-making Sims get out there and create those floats! The grand prize is $50,000. For more information on Gracie’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, see here: Gracie's Stratics Post
</p>

</p>

<span><u><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="font-size: medium">The Property of the Month</span></span></u></span>
</p>

By Reporter:Rizzo @ East Jerome
</p>

This month’s property of the month is located in East Jerome. This magnificent property is named Rocky Mountain High.
</p>

</p>

Rocky Mountain High, currently owned by BooTsie, is a historic property. Opened in 2003 by Sims named Dalice, and Chance, this property was intended to be used by close Sim family and friends. Alberta, the neighborhood it originated in played a big part into making this home famous. Once Alberta was on the map, its attractive title lured many Sims to move their homes into that neighborhood. Once settled, they would, on a daily basis check out their local skill house, Rocky Mountain High. Since the beginning, Dalice and Chance rebuilt the house several times until it reached its final state in 2004, where that architecture can still be seen today! Since Rocky Mountain High has opened, it specialized in these skills:
</p>

</p>

Creativity
</p>

</p>

Logic
</p>

</p>

Cooking
</p>

Charisma
</p>

…and…
</p>

</p>

Body
</p>

Soon following in 2005, the house’s ownership was transferred to BooTsie because Dalice wanted to open a store for rare hunting. However, for some unfortunate news, Chance has passed on in the real world.
</p>

BooTsie said, “Yes, we were all so sad [for] a long time. He brought life to this place…”
</p>

I asked BooTsie why the house is very special to her, and she said: “Rocky Mountain High is special because Dalice and Chance built it, and we all loved them as family!”
</p>

Be sure to check out Rocky Mountain High in East Jerome!
</p>

If you would like to nominate a property in ANY CITY, please send us an e-mail with the house’s name, owner, city, and why you are nominating them. E-mail us at [email protected]. Be sure to include the subject "Property of the Month"
</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size: medium"><span><u><span style="font-size: medium">Fun Facts Finale!</span></u></span></span>
</p>

By Reporter: Rizzo @ East Jerome
</p>

</div>

Even some more fun facts! Here are some from April 2003. It's time again for some more fun facts about The Sims Online ...
</p>

· Statistically speaking, players in Fancey Fields would rather trade than hug or make friends. Not so with Calvin's Creek residents, who spend far more time being friendly and amorous than any other activity.
</p>

· If you're looking for the largest properties, it's hard to beat Alphaville. They have by far the most acreage per lot. Mount Fuji is the most intimate, with the highest ratio of roommates to lot size.
</p>

· The most popular social activity in The Sims Online this month was hugging -- in every single city.
</p>

</p>

<span><u><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="font-size: medium">The Sim of the Month</span></span></u></span>
</p>

By Reporter: SilverSpike
</p>

Citizens Of The Sims Online,
</p>

Yet another month has passed, and the time has come to announce November's Sim of the Month. This choice isnt taken lightly, and a lot of thinking and a lot of you have been considered. However, as you know, there can only be one Sim of the Month. This sim is a resident of Alphaville and Test Center 3. This sim puts a lot of their effort into The Sims Online and the Sims Stratics Forums. Their efforts have also been noticed on TSO-E and The Wiki. His efforts with his EALand design was very impressive and well thought out.
</p>

It is with great pleasure, that I pronounce you your Sim of the Month for November 2007.
</p>

JohnBigOzGetRingwaldSkye -
</p>

TC3 BigOz - Stratics, TSO-E, The Wiki
</p>

I think this sim deserves a round of applause and a pat on the back!
</p>

I managed to track down John and Interview him.
</p>

First of all, I would just like to congratulate you for achieving Sim of the Month
</p>

BigOz I feel honored. It feels awesome!
</p>

Your efforts have been noticed inside and outside of the TSO community. How do you feel about this?
</p>

BigOz I feel great!
</p>

Just one of the things that a lot of people admire you for is your EALand idea! That was amazing.. Tell us a little about it.
</p>

BigOz well, the EA-Land was a request from Luc, who said to help out on design for Ea-Land. Seeing as I like this type of job, I downloaded the files and started to make the EALand.
</p>

I also noticed you posted a tutorial on how to create an EALand design on the Wiki. That was great! What made you think of helping others in that way?
</p>

BigOz Well Luc asked me how to do it. It was kinda hard though, I never REALLY helped anyone like that.
</p>

Well it was great to speak to you about your achievement. Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
</p>

BigOz =)
</p>

Once again i think someone here deserves a round applause!
</p>

Three cheers for the Sim of the Month! Hip Hip! Hooray! Hip Hip! Hooray! Hip Hip! Hooray!
</p>

This is SilverSpike Reporting for Sim of the Month!
</p>

If you would like to nominate a Spotlight Sim in ANY CITY, please send us an e-mail with the sim's name, city, and why you are nominating them. E-mail us at [email protected]. Be sure to include the subject "Sim of the Month"
</p>

<span style="font-size: medium"><span><u><span style="font-size: medium">Dear Froggie Column</span></u></span></span>
</p>

Submitted by News Reporter DjFroggie
</p>

</div>

It is now time for Dear Froggie questions and answers.
</p>

Dear Froggie,
</p>

I honestly just haven't been into playing The Sims Online lately. I want to play, but all of my friends stopped playing often a long time ago. I never see them anymore unless it is in an instant message or on a message board. I get so bored when I play. What should I do?
</p>

Alone in the Universe
</p>

</p>

Dear Alone in the Universe,
</p>

Get in game and get on out there! You can't make new friends if you don't play. Honestly, I know exactly how you feel, it is almost like you're me! A while ago, way before Test Center 3 (Tc3), my friends stopped playing The Sims Online as often. I was so bored that I have barely logged in since. I've been trying to get in there but I agree it is really hard to do mainly because you want your old friends not new ones. One thing I've learned from college, however, is that making new friends doesn't mean you're replacing the old, it only means that you're finding people to be with when your other friends aren't available. Just get on out there, start talking, and be yourself and your new friends will find you.
</p>

</p>

Dear Froggie,
</p>

What happened to the monthly contests that EA held for a while? I want to win prizes!!!!!
</p>

Prize Jockey
</p>

</p>

Dear Prize Jockey,
</p>

Because the contests aren't run by the news team, I do not have an absolute answer for you. However, I'm sure if you pop into the pub and ask Parizad, or send her a private message, she will be able to give you the answer you seek.
</p>

</p>

Dear Froggie,
</p>

I am trying to edit a map for EA-Land because I want to be part of the building proccess. However, when I try to put it into my game, It doesn't show up. I see a less elevated version of the Test Center 3 map. What is wrong? How can I fix this?
</p>

Mapmaker
</p>

</p>

Dear Mapmaker,
</p>

First go to your terraintype.bmp and make sure you are only using 6 colors. If you are, make sure that they are the right colors. Open the origional terraintype.bmp and make sure all of your yellow is the EXACT same yellow same with red blue green white and black. The littles difference can render the Test Center 3 map. Next, check your elevation and make sure there are only black's white's and greys in it. After you are done all of this, it SHOULD work.
</p>

</p>

That is all of the questions I received this month. PLEASE send in your questions! If you have a question you would like to be featured in a "Dear Froggie” Private Message DjFroggie in the Message boards or send an email to [email protected]. In the subject of the email write: Dear Froggie question. Questions and answers will be placed in the following months report.
</p>

Thank You,
</p>

DjFroggie
</p>
This is The Sims Online Stratics News Team, and that’s your news!

K

Karma Sutra

<blockquote><hr>

Please welome MandiK and SilverSpike to the news team!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Mandi was a Mod here before? Weird... wonder what happened?

T

trevor57

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Please welome MandiK and SilverSpike to the news team!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Mandi was a Mod here before? Weird... wonder what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.. i dunno, she always seemed so happy and committed to tso &amp; stratics.. but at least she's back on the team. i think that's where she belongs.. she fits in the best there.

G

Yes, Mandi and Spike alike were both originally part of our news team, but now they have re-joined.

I

imported_corpatortis

Welcome back to the Stratics team. Hope your stay is more pleasant than last time.

G

and mandi, if it isn't, don't come back running to the other site complaining..

Congrats