• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Pharaoh's Cup!

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<P align=center>Jingle, Jangle, Jumble, Jump! This just in from our friends with The Hand of Ra! Looks like a fun time! I know I will try and be there!</P> <P align=center></P> <P align=center>========================================</P> <P align=center>In celebration of Lord Ramses passing his crown to his son, the Annual Pharaoh's cup will be held in his son, Rameses II's honor!

This is a special boat race that shall begin in New Haven and end in another fine city in the realm. The rules are as follows:

-Each ship may be manned by 2-3 person teams.
-Each team will receive a bag with colored cloaks and a clue.
-The team must work together to follow the clue to the next checkpoint where they will receive and item and the next clue. This will continue until the finish.
-The first team that reaches the finish line with all the clue books and items wins.
-There will be a First place, second place and third place winner. The first place winner will also receive the golden urn in symbolism of the Pharaoh's cup.

Please reply to this article if you wish to register a team for the race, the date of the race will be announced within two to three weeks!

Please note any help with prizes and donations would be graciously accepted. The Hand of Ra thanks you!
</P> <P align=center></P> <P align=center>
</P>

G

I would like to register a team under the alias: Pride of Montor.
Please keep us updated with the event time and palce and date.

I

imported_Ishtar

Will do! It helps if I know how many teams so I can organize it better!

I

imported_GFY

Will this be in Tram or Fell.

A Fell race could be a pirate race with killing optional?!

I

imported_Ishtar

Still need more sign ups, we like a minimum of 5 teams!

G

Ghosty

Count me in, I'll have little trouble finding a vict ... err, a teammate.

G

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

MORE OF YOU SIGN UP!
and im sure i can help you with a teamate.
now sign up, all of you

I

imported_Ishtar

We need a minimum of three more, I ask about teams ahead so I know how many clue copies etc I need to make as well as the colored cloaks for teams. Not to emntion how many people I'll need for checkpoints!

Volunteers to help with things like that are welcome too!

G

Ghosty

What I need to know is a date for the event ... so I know who to select for a slav - errm, partner.

I

imported_Ishtar

Not this upcoming Sunday but two weeks from it. Forgot about Easter.

G

Ghosty

I am checking with my potential scapego - erm, team mate this evening, and will post definitively tonite. I think we're a go.

G

Ghosty

My partner and I will attend. I have no idea what character she will use ... but put us down as umm ... 'Team Newbie".

I

imported_Ishtar

OK, for anyone else wishing to join up or volunteer we will take last minute people, I made extra stuff just in case.

I also need people for checkpoints that do not wish to race! PM me or reply here please!

I

imported_Ishtar

We have prizes!

1 mil per each team member for 1st place
500k for each team member for 2nd place
250k for each team member for 3rd place

Engraved surprise weapon given to each member of the 1st place team as well!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

We have prizes!

1 mil per each team member for 1st place
500k for each team member for 2nd place
250k for each team member for 3rd place

Engraved surprise weapon given to each member of the 1st place team as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

SIGN ME UP LASS! Me and my ghostly first mate, Sea Dog will be glad to take that gold from ya. Instead of an engraved weapon, Sea Dog wants a golden bone with his name on it. Yarrr!

G

Ghosty

Arr, best be watchin' out, landlubber ... us pirates aren't above the occasional dirty trick, now. :p

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Arr, best be watchin' out, landlubber ...

[/ QUOTE ]

ARE YOU CALLIN ME A LANDLUBBER! I think you needs have a conversation with my pointy friend. If your bilge-bucket of a ship so much as scrapes a single barnacle from mine I'll send you off to apprentice with the boatman in the nether regions of the Dungeon Doom. Where do ya think all those restless souls come from!

*Glares at Ghosty while an evil smirk twists her face*

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grace heads down the dirt path to the Pirate's Plunder. Sure, SeaDog was her faithful first mate but she would need some able hands if she really wanted a chance at that prize money. Most of the lugs that frequented Buc's Den weren't worthy of polishing her boots, but she was hoping that an old friend would be there this evening.

A veteran of many battles, Lady Sterling sat at a table with her friend Nissa. Across from them sat Jarvis. Grace knew Jarvis... not an honest bone in his body he was the biggest cheat in all of Buc's Den! Grace watched as a quick flick of his wrist brought a Queen of Hearts onto the table. His worthless card fluttered to the floor un-noticed.

Well, not completely... Nissa's quick elven eyes spotted the movement and she cried out: "Jarvis, you are a cheater!" Jarvis made a quick reach for the dagger in his boot but Grace was too fast for him.

Nobody in the tavern moved, they all knew of Grace's quick and lethal temper. Sterling looked up with a grin as wide as an Ettin's Head, "Grace! You old Sea Witch! Where have you been!" Nissa stared on with wide eyes as the female pirate kicked the chair back and took a seat at the table.

Grace returned Sterling's smile... "Girls, I have a sweet deal for ya. There's this race... big prize money and nothin but trash-talkin landlubbers with leaky tubs signed on."

"So, you're finally gonna make me part of your crew?" Sterling grumbles.

"Well lass, only if yer done messin with those smelly trogs in the Painted Caves. I figgered you and Lurg would have exchanged nuptials by now you've danced with him so many times!" Grace slaps the table and lets out a laugh that echoes through the tavern. Sterling joins her as Nissa looks on with a smile, her elven eyes twinkling.

"Come girls, take a look at my new boat. Just outta drydock. I wont tell ya how many dang Titan's and Cyclops I had to kill to get the gold for her... but she's sweet!"

Nissa and Sterling rush to the dock and gaze at the Dragon Ship.

"I've never seen anything so beautiful!" Exclaims Nissa

Sterling eye's the tillerman. His ample muscles ripple under his swarthy skin. She strokes her chin and sighs... maybe it's time for her to give Lurg a break and get a little fresh air. The tillerman returns her stare with a wide grin.

The excitement of the moment overwhelm's the ladies and they dance about the dock shouting Woot! Woot!

G

Ghosty

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Arr, best be watchin' out, landlubber ...

[/ QUOTE ]

ARE YOU CALLIN ME A LANDLUBBER!

[/ QUOTE ]

*casually drops a newly fished-up boot in front of her boat*

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grace notices a wet pair of boots lying on the dock... she kicks them back into the sea.

Then she heads to the Pirate's Plunder and enjoys a Guiness. Ahhhh.....

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grace notices a wet pair of boots lying on the dock... she kicks them back into the sea.

Then she heads to the Pirate's Plunder and enjoys a Guiness. Ahhhh.....

G

Ghosty

EWW. You can keep that sticky warm stuff for yourself. And that's coming from an Irishman!

*reaches into the fridge for a chilled Bass Ale*

... anyone seen my other boot?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Moved to Saturday April 19th!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it still at 3pm est?

Safe Travels, Sam

K

Kurt_of_YEW

Just wanted to take a second to thank HOA for the fun event. I was on the black cloaked team, and it was a blast. I look forward to upcoming events. I'll round up people for the next one.

I

imported_Ishtar

We are happy you enjoyed it and HRA will be hosting another in the future!