• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Hunt for One-Eyed-Pete's Treasure Resumes!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
East of Yew there is a river, looks like a chalice?
At least the 'where' for that is easy enough, no idea what to do with that information though!

As I missed Monday night, I'm guessing those 'clues' were mentioned, but were there any more? Even with the EM website, following what's going on is rather difficult if you miss an event....

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a hint about the riddle in the latest article on the EM website:

Spilled Wine

It was late at night but the many scattered candles and lanterns made it seem like high noon. In the middle of the room a group of men were stood around a table. One of them was busy pointing out locations on a map.
We looked everywhere Sire! We even combed those small islands west of Serpent’s Hold…
There’s nothing there!

A fist slammed the table. One of the men leaped forward and quickly righted a candle before its flame could get hold of the parchment. King Casca brushed him aside.

You fools!

Five chests, no doubt brimming with treasure!
Four have already been opened…
But only one of them by me! It’s infuriating!

Casca slammed the table again, this time knocking over a glass of wine. A servant quietly rushed in to clean it up while Casca paced the room. The men around the table fidgeted, none of them willing to speak and risk further enraging the King.
Casca returned to the table, leaned over the map and spoke slowly.

This Virtue is not set in stone.

When you reach that point,
Sit on the grass and name where you are.

Finally one of the men dared to speak again.

It makes no sense Sire…
The Virtues are set in stone;
written down in tomes, never to be changed,
or represented in stone ankhs…

The servant patted the map with a cloth to soak up the spilled wine. For a moment he paused when a water feature caught his eye. He tilted his head… looked again and with a slightly trembling finger, pointed.

The water…
Doesn’t that look like…

Before he could even finish the sentence the servant was pushed aside by several men, pointing and shouting.
A smile appeared on Casca’s face.
It looks like we need to find a Virtue-shaped body of water, and that we have to do it fast before Casca figures it out...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last place is an Island accessed from the guard outpost half way along the road between Yew and Vesper (south of justice shrine). There you will find a bench and a grass mat, say "ankh".

We got:
A Necklase With A Large Diamond, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure
A Pair Of Diamond Rarrings, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure
A Diamond Studded Bracelet, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure

Yay I can sleep again,

A

AngelMhor

Yay I can finally stop thinking about that clue, it was driving me mad. YAYyyyyyyyyy.

M

Mord Mhor

First of all Flame and co congradulations.....i know how much you have put into this.

P.S. Does that mean i can have my wife back now?

*lol*

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last place is an Island accessed from the guard outpost half way along the road between Yew and Vesper (south of justice shrine). There you will find a bench and a grass mat, say "ankh".

We got:
A Necklase With A Large Diamond, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure
A Pair Of Diamond Rarrings, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure
A Diamond Studded Bracelet, Found Among One-Eyed Petes Hidden Treasure

Yay I can sleep again,
and the ideal person to find it. many congratulations flame
:danceb::danceb:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn - logged in today and its all over. Ah well thats life I guess. Congrats Flame I know you spent time enough to deserve some reward. :D

D

delped

Well done Flame.. very well done.

I don't usually take part in these events but I really enjoyed the search albeit very frustrating.

I did look at the area on the map as it looked a bit like the lilt of a sword, alas I didn't go check it out

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean this is supposed to look like an ankh? Well, yes, if I squint enough... :wall:

Congrats Flame! :thumbsup:

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit there was alot of guess work, luck and help from rest of family and an important clue I did not see untill after we got the key and Angel noticed it. I was checking out the map and running round coast lines and rivers. I also was keeping an eye out for islands in lakes as this ws the only way to find an ankh symbol from water. After about an hour I came to the right location and knew it immediatly as there is a bench placed there with a grass mat thats new. It took a while before Angel came up with calling it ankh island and we were in. After that Angel read the clues and pointed this importan bit out that I missed and would have norrowed things down from the start:

It makes no sense Sire…
The Virtues are set in stone;
written down in tomes, never to be changed,
or represented in stone ankhs
Should have realised I was after an ankh symbol much earlier on

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats Flame, glad you get to join the jewelry club ;)
My head thanks you aswell as the wall.

I would never have got that clue without the update.

*finally goes to sleep*