• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Harrower and I (Picture Intensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<P align=center>Jingle, Jangle, Jumble, Jump! Erickson Yates here, ladies and gentlemen. It has been a long while since we have gotten together I am afraid. I have been busy in another "realm" so to speak. Ole Erickson is trying to get a little business venture started, and he has been busy busy! Enough about that though.I was told by a good source that our friends in HOT were going to be popping a harrower on Monday night. Well, I got all excited! I dressed in my best church clothing (Zog GreenJester Suit of course!) and ventured down to Despise. Well, by the time I got there, HOT had decided against the harrower, and instead they were going to just do a Baracoon spawn in the Despise Dungeon! Needless to say, they were raided by the evil Very Important Players! After I was killed (Shocking, I know.) by VIP, the Big Angry Goose himself shouted to my ghost that they would be popping a harrower of their own very soon! What I bring to you now are some artist renderings of what I saw while at this harrower. Mind you, all of it is in gray. Why you ask? Because I was in Nappa Form! (Also, because Erickson doesn't have UOAssist to turn his dead body into a chicken in order to make things colored again.)</P> <P align=center>Hope you enjoy the renderings!</P> <P align=center>

Deciet! Undead! *Shivers*</P> <P align=center>

Ohh My God...</P> <P align=center>

Notice no one down there? VIP was that confident in their skills!</P> <P align=center>Someone asked me the other day..."Erickson, what is UO PvP like these days?" Well, person, here is your answer! Fields, super dragons, and area effect spells!

</P> <P align=center></P> <P align=center>Here is the action that was going down!

</P> <P align=center></P> <P align=center>Looks like HOT lost this round!
</P> <P align=center>VIP will now finish what they started! Let me tell you, it didn't take all that long either!
</P> <P align=center>Look at the bones! So to speak...

Well, folks, there it is! A harrower seen from the eyes of a man in Nappa Form! Our friends in HOT did their best! Showed a good showing! Where was LNR? DEI and COW skipped this one as well? In the end, it was all in good fun! Hope it won't take as long for us to meet again! Until then, peace!</P> <P align=center>
</P>

D

Draken-Korin

Thanks for the disturbing pictures of what UO has turned into over the years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the disturbing pictures of what UO has turned into over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe to you, but not to other people. To be honest, early 97-00 UO looked somewhat like what those screens show from what I remember, so in a sense you can turn right back around and say UO has degenerated into a bland and uneventful game over the years.

I

imported_GFY

I remember UO being pack with players in every dungeon and every monster spawn. Players would either take turns fighting monsters or fight each other for the right to fight the next monster. You did this while keeping an eye over your shoulder incase a red guild showed up to raid everyone in the area.

*sigh* The good old days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, folks, there it is! A harrower seen from the eyes of a man in Nappa Form! Our friends in HOT did their best! Showed a good showing! Where was LNR? DEI and COW skipped this one as well? In the end, it was all in good fun! Hope it won't take as long for us to meet again! Until then, peace!

[/ QUOTE ]

LRN was all offline for this or that, i was the only member online online :p

i did not fell like loosing my money for no reson !!!

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Laughs* I know where LNR was, sir. I understand that. LNR has gotten REALLY inactive since VIP returned. I can understand why. VIP wins. No one likes to lose. Anyone who says they don't mind it hasn't ever PvP'ed or is lying to you.

As far as the state of UO PvP. Personally, I don't mind it. Do I want it to be that way? Nope. Do I just adapt because of it? Pretty much. It can still be fun IF you can find the right group to PvP with.

I

imported_GFY

This may be dropped but I feel the need to mention it.

The worst thing about the current state of PVP in UO is IMHO the rampent cheating going on by a few "l33t" guilds. These "l33t" guilds stock up on the latest hacks and jump from shard to shard to try to stay 1 step ahead of the EA DEV team. When they appear they force the guilds on the shard to fight a loosing battle or take a break until they move on.

Sorry for the rant. I don't mind losing to a better player, I can learn from the experience. But all I get from fighting a cheater is frustrated, because I don't feel the need to cheat.

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see what is wrong with your statement, sir. As long as you make it in a civil tone, and if replied to, are able to maintain the civil tone, it is all good.

I honestly agree with you. Sadly, I know of a lot of cheaters, some of who I would call UO friends. I don't agree with their decision, but I cannot judge them personally, being as I will admit to downloading one of the said programs that allows you to speed up. Did I use it? No. But for that split moment I had decided it would be alright if I did.

Sadly, that is where a lot of people get their justification as well. "Everyone else does it, so I might as well too, right?"

Overall, my opinion on the cheats is this...

I am sorry that a lot of these guys feel they have to do it to be better at UO. In the end though, I have made the decision not to do so, and that is all I can really control. I just hope they realize that by using them, it does not level the playing field. There are a good number of people still PvP'ing that do not use the cheats, so the claim of "Everyone is doing it..." is only their own way to justify the fact that without said programs, they are not as good as they like to claim to be.

One of my own personal favorite PvP'ers to watch is Limlight of LNR. Why you ask? Because he doesn't cheat. I know when he gets a kill, it is a legit kill that didn't need any of the programs everyone else uses to get ahead.

Sorry for my own rant, but I am a crappy reporter who isn't completely impartial.

T

Tazar

*pulls out Mod spectacles*

hmmm... I see nothing wrong with the post.

No guilds or players mentioned. Identifies a real problem and how it affects players... no suggestions for improvement, but in this case, I think that is up to the Dev's.

*Stamps "APPROVED" on post* (just don't edit it on me now... rofl)

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

*Laughs* I know where LNR was, sir. I understand that. LNR has gotten REALLY inactive since VIP returned. I can understand why. VIP wins. No one likes to lose. Anyone who says they don't mind it hasn't ever PvP'ed or is lying to you.

As far as the state of UO PvP. Personally, I don't mind it. Do I want it to be that way? Nope. Do I just adapt because of it? Pretty much. It can still be fun IF you can find the right group to PvP with.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one wants to fight a guild that has recruited activily from 10 shards and has nothing but pvpers that cheat. LNR has very few pvpers left, most the core members that pvp are inactive and most the new recruits have not had any or much inexprience in pvp. The shard was alive and booming before VIP came back.

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your point, Rage. I really do. I have seen it with my own two eyes that things have slowed down since VIP returned.

I guess it means they win the shard? I don't know. I don't personally think that.

Mind you, most of the VIP I encountered were decent enough guys it seemed. Problem really is that people don't like losing. I know I sure as hell don't like to lose.

Back to what I was saying...

I don't totally think VIP has "won" the shard back. I just think that people are honestly so tired of them, that they would rather wait until they decide to transfer than go out there and play against them.

VIP will ALWAYS have the reputation of being hackers. That is just how things work. Even within the Felucca community where illegal programs are considered the norm, they are considered excessive cheaters.

It is their call in the end. As I stated before, if they need to cheat in order to win, that is what they have to do. If they feel they are the best on the shard because they can run circles around others thanks to other programs? Also awesome for them. Fact is, they all kill and are killed the same I am. I just chuckle more when I kill people I know are cheating. They should feel bad for losing to a guy without UOAssist... Let alone cheating programs.

Ohh yeah, and I know I am not supposed to state my opinions being as I am a reporter, but I just feel it is silly not to express my opinion.

T

Tazar

While a great news story, the thread is deteriorating into accusations of cheating and hacking against a named guild. I think it is best to lock the thread before things go any further.

Looking forward to the next Report!

Status
Not open for further replies.