• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Britain Bank Renovation (Inside Too!)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Late last night Britain Bank on Europa finally got some love by Draconi!

The next day Part 2 Began!

On Wednesday the 7th, The Inside of the bank was complete!

*Claps* Thank you Draconi!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [News] The Britain Bank Renovation Is Complete!

Thanks Draconi! Excellent job!

I am still not convinced by the colour scheme ... but the rest is brilliant.

S

Serine

Awsome work :thumbup:

But where is the moongate ?

Event needed for that ? :party:

S

Soulstomp

Wooohaaa !!! thats Pinky ,,,

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

nice quick report, our news reporters are realy doing a fast great job thanks.

It was fun to watch the improvments be placed and it certainly looks alot better. I love the idea of a moongate being added and perhaps an anvil to go with the forge. Like already mentioned would be good it they appeared or we had an event to win them.

Thanks Droconi

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Any "news" from towncriers?

T

Tay M'real

certainly better than the atlantic abomination

A

Altpersona

I like the design but what has purple got to do with Europa? Isn't our emblem green, gold and black?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I could not stay till the end but here a little of Droconi in action

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Drocanis back and phase 2 is under construction.
I just asked for an anvil to be put beside the forge and he did it.
Thankyou Droconi

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Phase 2.. Or Stage 2? *Giggles* Included a stage with seating.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [News] The Britain Bank Renovation Is Complete! (Including Part 2!)

Omg, it's a best bank design? I don't believe this. :thumbdown:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Every one of us had chance to submit something if we thought we could do better....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wish they could have put a moongate, It could have really helped try get people back to Britain. I still think Luna is the best choice for people though *sighs*.

PLEASE invade Luna for a month with Paragon Balrons...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would love to see britain come back to life too and a moongate would be great there. Perhaps a few npc vendors by the new craft tents would make a difference too.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perhaps a few npc vendors by the new craft tents would make a difference too.
Or even PC vendors...

I'm considering taking my tinker there for a while once he's finished training.

W

Wolfways

Ugh purple! I'm having a WoW flashback...i hate purple. Why does everything have to be purple?!

Don't like the forge and anvil being there either...kinda makes the blacksmith shop pointless :thumbdown:

Looks nice though...apart from the purple.

Now...it's just needs a few touches. A corpse here, a bloodstain there, bones over there... :thumbup:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well no one visits the blacksmiths shop anymore. Now you can get repairs at brit bank :D

S

Serine

Wohoooo we got moongate in brit now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

J

JL from Europa

Now ofcourse players are going to demand some of the houses demolished so player houses can be placed :p

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you SO much for the moongate! I hope it brings people back.

Y

yorky

Amazing... I too hope brit bank comes back to life, its so much better and more useful than Luna with the moongate and forge!

A

Altpersona

The reason Luna is a trading hotspot is because alot of people pass through with the luna circle being there, so I don't understand how shouting your wares at britain would be better. I mean you go where the people are and the people are at luna and it has nothing to do with the invasion of britain end of. Sick of people spouting such vapid comments.

Sorry Draconi but that purple is absolutely revolting. The area for the portal is sound but why the ank? I wish I'd heard of this competition or what ever it was supposed to be coz you would have heard my opinion then. The flowers under the tables over the beer garden or whatever it's supposed to be need to be gone. The area as a whole just has no flow. Seriously just look at the forge people are cooing over. It's just stuck there it has no theme around it. Mutton dressed as lamb and I for one will never be making regular visits to britain in it's current condition.

Green, Gold and Black are Europas Signiture colours! It's on our Emblem!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Petra like Pink.......I blame her

K

King Frankie

now this bank is ugly i dont know why you would choose that color and construction over all the items colors in uo.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For all the negativity that some people have expressed - I like the new look, and I'm sure plenty of others do. No matter what the new design was, it wouldn't please everyone, obviously. It's CERTAINLY not Draconi's fault as he was enacting the result of a popular vote, so please try not to shoot the messenger!

Some people don't like the look, some will stay in Luna - that's fine, one of UO's selling points is you can go wherever you like. For my part, I hope Brit bank will liven up again now; sure sometimes you went there for goods or services, but the chatter was what always made it great and I've yet to see anything like that in Luna.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I like it. It's not quite as over whelming as some shards, some of them are a bit over-done for my taste.

U

UOFree

This bank is really nice, I like the design and everything..

Slug where is the anvil that was added later? :p

I knew how that bank would look before it was send into the contest, its still nice. Purple isnt really my color but its still good.
I don't really see what all the fuss is about, I think it looks better than some of the other banks on other shards.
But if people need to complain why didnt they make a better design and entered it into the contest?

Maybe you should play Mono then you dont have colors only black/white so you will always be happy except when your in fel :)

I hope that Slugmaster knows that he did a great design and it really doesnt matter what a few people think. GJ :thumbup:

A

Altpersona

Like I said, if I'd known of the comp, I would have entered. Where was this posted? cause I saw nothing on UO website nor on 'the other forum'.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Like I said, if I'd known of the comp, I would have entered. Where was this posted? cause I saw nothing on UO website nor on 'the other forum'.
Original competition announcement

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=482

Competition extended

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=502

Results announced

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=523

Can't track the Stratics pages about it, I know there were several but the search system isn't helping at all....

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I always liked Brit better, so I'll try banksitting there again. *sits*

A

Altpersona

No wonder I didn't see it lmao I wasn't even playing then hahaha

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is stuck spot near stairs
[imglink]http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/europa/bank3.JPG[/imglink]

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am sorry most people dont like it, I had the chance to talk with ChrissayEAMythic via PM after the contest, so they let us have an anvil wich was not on the original design and most people in the original post decided the colour was all right, so I didnt ask them to change it, now it is a little too late to complain guys, I did this for the best of Europa and the best I could and I am sorry people hate purple but at least it is original! I didn't want to make it with "Europa shard" colours, just wanted it to look like a medieval market wich is what we used to use the bank for, as a market. And don't tell me the tents weren't purple back then cos none of us were there :D

I hope they don't let it this way, as you can see, we are missing still some stuff, like the unicorns, wooden banisters, the hanging poles over the banners and the whole interior decoration!!.
So... it is not complete at all, it took me several hours and effort to make the interior, I hope Draconi got some patient left, until now he has been doing a very nice job and everything looks in its place(altho in the original design you could reach the wooden plank surface walking from the west of the house, maybe removing that wooden rail...), other than that is is very nice done, really.
Oh and the upstairs gate was suposed to be a "rezzing altar/gate" for our pets, like in non-official shards, but I don't see that happening.

I really, really hope we use the brit bank like before, otherwise I will feel like I changed something important and old in the game for nothing.

The domain where I uploaded the pictures is now down, so I hope I am attaching the images of the design they accepted, well, a small version...

Attachments

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Slugmaster, I'm far from convinced 'most people' don't like it, rather 'some people' don't like it - which of course they are perfectly entitled to, but so far many more people seem in favour than against!

Now though, it's down to us - some of what was in the design has been done by EA, hopefully it will get finished off, but the real issue now is simple - if we want Brit to be the centre of activity again, what are WE going to do about it?

Let's not just fall into the 'EA should do....' or 'someone should do....' mode of thinking, can we kick around some ideas about what WE want there and how WE might do it?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I like the design... and I love purple :thumbsup:

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aurelius is right there, first we have to wait until design is finished, and then it all depends on us, the bank design was made for banksitting, I made the zone for tamers where they used to be, the platform for those who like to sit and wait for good oportunities, tents for those who like playing dices, and plenty of room for those guys gating and spamming.
Europa is one of those few shards that were still using brit bank and I personally loved it, I will try to be around WBB when I am on and participate, there is not much else I can do since I am not running a shop or trading anymore.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im a big fan of Slugmasters design. Its well thought about the purpose with the area , medeval style and its unique for Europa. The other shards got a city park with plants and water we can decorate our own houses with. We got a market place! I like parks and plants but for a bank this fits soooo much better!

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I must say that the Brit Bank is most lovely now. Nice work on design and colour choice!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Apparently those trees where the platform is are not static or something and they can't remove them.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They can but it would require an update or something, it is complicated, they would have to modify the world/map, IMHO they should think about it, the more room we got, the better for bank sitting or any other kind of meetings, Greenpeace of sosaria would kill us tho.
What about the rezzing gate, we deserve it! :), who need a moongate when we have runebooks.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way the client works I believe they would be able to remove the trees but it would remove the trees from all shards, So I doubt they will bother.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there somewhere to see pictures of all the shards Brit Bank designs?

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not that I know of, is every bank finished? if so, I will take a screenshot myself and post it, as soon as drakoni finish in europa.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you haven't seen it yet, work on the interior has started :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The inside of the bank is now complete, Looks fantastic!

A

Altpersona

Re: [News] The Britain Bank Renovation Is Complete! (Inside Too!)

I can't forgive you for the outside however... I admit, I do love the inside so I give you props for that slugz. An eye for detail yes.

A

Arch Angela

I love it! I hope it brings players back to brit! At least some!

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Please stop claiming it is complete, not even close, it took me hours and the complete one has way more details, please check the image I attached few messages before.
And that is not my char name...

A

Altpersona

Oh yeah... where are the show cases! Draconi! I demand showcases!