• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Sunday Night Taming Hour Sponsored by M!S To Begin Round 2

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Round 1 of Misfits of Society's Sunday Night Taming Hour ended on March 29, 2009, when the 10th tamer for this round picked a Moonglow Royal Zoo reward.

M!S started this weekly event on January 4, 2009, and the Royal Zoo has been on Tier 11 since January 25, 2009.
Round 2 of the Sunday Night Taming Hour will begin Sunday, April 5. Anyone interested in participating please meet at the Moonglow Zoo Sunday, 8pm Pacific (9pm Mountain, 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern), for one hour of taming turn-ins to help maintain Baja's zoo.

Darcia’s weekly report March 29, 2009:
We started this week with 291,117 points. Thanks to extra donations by, Toni Fierce, Devin, and DixieLoneStar, we made it to 597,021 points. Thank you, ladies! I picked my reward, and we are at 47,021 points for the next one. We also did a placement roll for the second round of rewards. Anyone who wants take part in the Zoo event and missed the roll will be added as they come to event.
We also had several more from other guilds join us last night, which is awesome, we appreciate there participation...Our event also attracted a griefer. A special thanks to Daisy Duke for handling that situation.

M!S tamers:
  • Lessa
  • Naomi Watts
  • Hustler
  • Devin
  • Dixie LoneStar
  • Lexi
  • Toni Fierce
  • *Darcia (who patiently stands at the turn-in area, accepting and turning in the tames)
Others:
  • Lil Debi [TAO]
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Kat MacBroeden [DWN]
  • Jasia Metis [LUMI]
Trojan [CON] did come by with a tame, but with all the chaos did not get to make his donation. Trojan, please accept our apologies.

Everyone did an awesome job this past Sunday night, however, I do have a request. Please tame at your level. Sunday night Toni and Luna Tic had to stop taming to hold the bears so I could get the larger tames turned in, enabling the tamers to get out faster. I do understand some have young tamers -- if bears are your best, by all means bring them. If, however, you can tame a drake but bring a bear, that is 45 points versus 400, which is a lot more tames to get you your reward. This is a simple request to keep us from backing up at donation box. Please remember, the higher the tame, the quicker the reward. Thanks again to everyone who participated Sunday night.

Sunday Night Taming, Round 2, Reward Order (determined by dice roll)
  1. Hermes, dice roll 78
  2. Lil Debi, dice roll 76
  3. Dixie, dice roll 75
  4. Mystic Rain, dice roll 60
  5. Lexi, dice roll 58
  6. Darcia, dice roll 57
  7. Luna Tic, dice roll 43
  8. Lady Savannah Rose, dice roll 37
  9. Shayla Keylley, dice roll 25
  10. Lady Jaisa Metis, dice roll 24
  11. Naomi, dice roll 21
  12. Lessa, dice roll 11

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Weekly Report for Sunday, April 5:

I was late getting to event due to work. Thank you, Toni Fierce, for covering for me until I arrived. Points were transferred to the reward fund via gold donation. We started with 49,271 points in the fund, and ended with 185,773 points.

There was a limit set on which rewards the participants of Sunday Night Taming can choose. When it’s your turn to choose, please select from the 550,000-point armor and below.

M!S tamers:
  • Nilrem
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Lil Debi
  • Toni Fierce
  • newbius maximus
  • Sugar
  • Memphis Raines
Other Tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Kat MacBroeden [DWN]
  • Alyssa
Great job everyone! :thumbup1: The zoo is still on Tier 11.

Darcia will be at Sunday Night Taming, Sunday, April 11 (Easter), for those of you who wish to tame as usual.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Weekly Report For Sunday, April 12:

Easter Zoo was a little slower then most as many had real life gatherings instead. Still we managed to go from 185,773 points to 288,264 in an hour.

Toni has suggested since we have more people on the reward list this time then last that we do some extra taming during the week. Hopefully those nights will be a success as well.

M!S Tamers
  • Toni Fierce
  • Sugar
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Lil Debi
  • Denarious
  • Plague
Other Guilds Represented:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
Thanks to all who could make it last Sunday ...Great Job!! The zoo is still on Tier 11.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Weekly Report for Sunday, April 19:

The Zoo was very busy last night. We started the night with 288,669 points, and finished with 555,312 points.

Lil Debi received the first reward from Round 2 of Sunday Night Taming. (The first place second roll winner, Hermes, is combining his win points with Savannah Rose, who is eighth in line to pick a reward, for a birdbath which they will receive when it is Savannah’s turn to choose.)

There are 205,312 points left towards the next reward. We have quite a few more people taking part and the rewards list has doubled from the first round.

A special thanks to Lord Zackarias [DWN] for managing security for our event last night.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Nilrem
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Hustler
  • Plague
  • Harliquinn
  • Lessa
  • Newbius
Other Guilds’ Representatives:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Lil Debi [TAO]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes
  • Shayla Keylley
  • HRH Elizabeth [D_S]
  • CHemical -X [NRG]
I have one name on my list that I can’t read. (Ya, I know! Don’t say it!) If I missed you, I apologize. Please post so you can be added and credit given. Thanks!

Awesome Job, Guys!!!

"The Britannia Royal Zoo depends on Sosaria's fine citizens."

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for April 26:

The zoo was still on Tier 11 when Sunday Night Taming hour begin.

The reward fund had 205,342 points at the beginning of the hour, and ended with 455,703 points even though several of the regular tamers were absent this week. Lady Sara [TAO] donated a 1-million gold check from a raffle she sponsored in support of the Zoo held at the Saturday Faire Grounds Bazaar.

A special thank you to Lord Zackarias for again providing security.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Nebius
  • Celestia

Others:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Lil Debi [TAO]
  • Cairn Brega [TAO]
  • Jaisa Metis [LUMI]
  • Chemical-X [NRG]
  • Kat MacBroeden [DWN]
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Hermes
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Lord Zackarias [DWN], security

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for May 3rd:

Even though there were indications of Swine Flu in the area, there was a large turnout for the Taming Hour.

Again the zoo was still on Tier 11 when Sunday Night Taming hour begin.

The points gained reflect the participation ... The Taming Hour fund started at 455,703 points, and finished at 785,547 points. A zoo reward was presented to Darcia, leaving the starting points for next week at 235,567.

A special thank you to those who donated gold, and again to Zackarias [DWN] for providing security. Toni Fierce, guildmistress of M!S, presented a 'Calm' (champion spawn artifact halberd) to Zacharias as a token of appreciation for his ongoing security measures during the taming hour.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Nilrem
  • Lessa
  • Plague
  • Ruarc
  • Sugar
Other tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Lil Debi [TAO]
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Xel the Wanderer [XEN]
  • Chemical-X [NRG]
  • Savannah Rose (UTB)
  • Hermes
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Cairn Brega [TAO]
  • Panda [CT]
Security:
  • Zackarias [DWN]
Excellent job to all Thanks for your support of the Baja Royal Zoo!

We have encountered a slight problem with rewards winners. Sometimes the winner according to the roll is not present when it is their turn to choose a reward, so we are going down the list and rewarding to the first one present at the time. We will go back to you when you return … provided you show for the event fairly regularly. Those who come less regular will still get a reward, but after those who have worked weekly receive theirs.

Also, if you know in advance what reward you are going to choose, you can let us know ahead of time so that when we hit that reward's points you can receive your reward that night. This works best for those going for the statues instead of the armor as we won’t have to wait until we reach the higher points the armor requires. (You can get your reward as soon as we get to 350k points instead of waiting to choose after we get to 550k points.) Thanks in advance for working with us on this.

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

Hey all! Sorry I wasnt able to be at the Zoo for security. I was out havin some fun on Mothers Day with my mom and grandma. I hope all the mothers had fun on Mothers Day!

O==[=======> OBR Knight Zackarias, the Royal Meatshield :sword:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia's Weekly Report for Sunday, May 10

The Royal Zoo was still at Tier 11 when we arrived for Sunday Night Taming Hour.

The Mothers Day Zoo Taming Hour started with 236,067 points and ended the hour with 447,788 points. Lady Luna Tic picked her reward leaving a total of 313,948 points towards the next person's choice, which should be next week if all goes well.

M!S Tamers:
  • Nilrem
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Toni Fierce
  • Lessa
  • Harliquinn
  • Lil Debi
Others:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Chemical-X [NRG]
  • Jaisa Metis [LUMI]
  • Shayla Keylley
Zackarias was spending Mother's Day with his mother and grandmother so was not present for security, however some imaginative tamer was able to find a replacement on short notice.

Well Done Everyone!!

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

LOL thats too funny!! Good thing the bear was there providing security. I shall have to thank the bear for takin my place for that night by giving it lots of honey, berries, and fresh meat.

O==[=======> OBR Knight Zackarias, the Royal Meatshield :sword:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia's Weekly Report for Sunday, May 17:

This week's Taming Hour actually started on time! (Sara's note: I suspect Darcia may have been eating her supper while she was accepting the turn-in animals. For those of you who do not know, Darcia works Sunday evenings, then rushes home to begin Taming Hour.) We began with 313,948 points, and ended our hour with 498,730 points. DixieLoneStar was able to choose her reward, which left 148,730 points towards the next. The next three to choose rewards will be Savannah Rose/Hermes (they're combining points for one reward, Shayla Keylley, and Lessa. Great job everyone!!

Due to the trial of Cymidei Fier, Kat McBroeden was unable to attend Taming Hour this week, but sent a check to offset her absence.

Shortly after Taming Hour began, Lady Savannah Rose and Hermes reported their rl home was being shaken by an earthquake. (We learned they were approximately 2 miles from a 5.0 quake). After checking on Savannah's mother, rounding up their 5 cats, and assessing the damage caused by pictures falling off the walls which turned out to be one broken picture, being true UTB tamers, Savannah and Hermes returned to finish out the hour.

M!S Tamers:
  • Lil Debi
  • Lessa
  • Nilrem
  • Toni Fierce
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Harliquinn
Other Tamers:
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Kat McBroeden [DWN] (furnished a check in lieu of her absence)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for Sunday, May 24

Memorial Day Weekend, the M!S Sunday Night Taming Hour Royal Zoo point fund started with 148,730 points, and ended with 395,128 points for the hour.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Dixie LoneStar
  • Lil Debi

Other Tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Shayla Kellely

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for Sunday, May 31:

The Zoo Taming Hour was extra long this Sunday as some latecomers tamed and donated for a second hour. The reward points started at 395,128 and ended with 602,349.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Lil Debi
  • Allen
  • Lessa
Other Tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Savannah Rose (UTB)
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Chemical-X [NRG]
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Smaug

Good Job everyone!! See you Sunday, June 7!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for Sunday, June 7:

The M!S Zoo Rewards fund started with 602,349 points, at the end of taming hour, there were 846,137 points. Chemical-X [NRG], being the next eligible person present to choose a reward picked the interactive reptalon statue, leaving 496,347 points towards the next award.

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • Plague
  • Lil Debi
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Nilrem

Other Tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Smaug
  • Chemical-X [NRG]

Good Job Guys!!! See you Sunday, June 14.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Weekly Report:

Sunday, June 14, was a big night at the Zoo. We were late getting started but that didn’t stop anyone from giving 100%. The Zoo award fund starting points were 496,752, went to a high of 816,815 points, and then ended with 16,815 points toward the next reward after Savannah Rose and Hermes finally got that elusive birdbath they waited so long for. Congrats to them!!

M!S Tamers:
  • Lil Debi
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Lessa
  • Toni Fierce
  • Nilrem
Other Tamers:

• Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Xel the Wanderer [XEN]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Shayla Keylley
  • Mata
Well Done All!!!
See you Sunday, June 21

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia's Report for Sunday, June 21
Father's day Zoo Night had a light turnout. We started with 16,815 points and ended with 223,496 points towards the next reward.

Tamers for the night were:
Lil Debi [M!S]

Kat MacBoeden [DWN]
Shayla Kelley
Hermes [UTB]
Savannah Rose [UTB]

Luna Tic (TAO) who had to be absent, donated gold to help cover her share of tames

Zacharias [DWN] was on hand to provide security

See everyone there Sunday, June 28!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s weekly report for Sunday, June 28:

The past Sunday was a big night for points at the zoo with Lady Luna and Bucko the Kid’s donation from the music box raffle. Congratulations to The Sphinx for her win of that raffle. Despite the Treasures of Tokuno Event, we had many tamers participate which resulted in both Shayla Kellely and Lady Lessa receiving their rewards … both picked the Interactive Silver Steed statue. Our rewards points started at 223,896, hit a high of 852,400, and ended with 153,395 towards the next reward.

M!S Tamers:

• DixieLoneStar
  • Debi
  • Lessa
  • Toni Fierce
  • Profion McVie
Other Tamers:

• Shayla Kellely
  • Savannah Rose (UTB)
  • Ceno (UTB)
  • Luna Tic (TAO)
  • Katrina Cole
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Smaug
  • Fern Goodfellow (PAW)
We also received a donation from Corporal Brackus, a town guard.

Well done everyone!!

See you next Sunday, July 5!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was me first taming hour, it was actually quite fun!
I was a Ki-rin taming fool I was!

most taming I've done in over 5 years....

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how does this work? I just run and tame things as fast as possible, and then turn them in for points? And higher creatures give more points?

Because I ~do~ have a tamer, but I don't know my Vet from my Lore.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're only able to turn in certain things, I think rune beetles give the most, and Ki-rins 2nd? im not 100% sure
I was pretty much told to go tame ki-rins.

you can either turn in the animals yourself, or transfer them to Darcia (i think thats her name). If you turn it into her you get put into a drawing at the end and you get to pick a reward if you're drawn.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're only able to turn in certain things, I think rune beetles give the most, and Ki-rins 2nd? im not 100% sure
I was pretty much told to go tame ki-rins.

you can either turn in the animals yourself, or transfer them to Darcia (i think thats her name). If you turn it into her you get put into a drawing at the end and you get to pick a reward if you're drawn.
These are the creatures and their point values that can be turned in at the zoo:

Grey Wolf, Timber Wolf, White Wolf ... 30 points
Slime ... 45 points
Polar Bear ... 45 points
Ki-Rin, Nightmare, Unicorn ... 250 points
Fire Beetle, Giant Beetle, Rune Beetle ... 300 points
Dragon, Drake, White Wyrm ... 400 points
Reptalon ... 550 points

Gold and checks are also accepted for donations ... 1 zoo point = 15 gold

Here's a link to more information about the Royal Zoo

On a side note, the Baja Zoo has been on Tier 11 (highest level) since January 25, 2009, primarily due to the efforts of M!S for sponsoring the weekly taming hour.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Weekly Report for Sunday, July 5

It was another slow holiday Zoo Taming Hour night with a small turnout, but still we managed to go from 153,395 points to a high of 352,659 points, and ended with 2,659 points after Katrina Cole chose her reward, an interactive changling statue. This was the 10th reward handed out for Round Two of Taming Night!

M!S Tamers:
  • Toni Fierce
  • DixieLoneStar

Other Tamers:
  • Shayla Kellely
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
  • Katrina Cole
Good Job Guys! See you next Sunday, July 12.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darcia’s Report, Sunday, July 12

Summer and the events in UO have caused a slow down in Sunday night tamers, but still we manage to keep zoo support going. We started this week with 2,659 points and ended the night with 210,907 points in the award fund.

M!S Tamers:
  • Nilrem
  • DixieLoneStar
  • Dirnim
  • Toni Fierce
  • Lessa

Other Tamers:
  • Luna Tic [TAO]
  • Savannah Rose [UTB]
  • Hermes [UTB]
  • Kat MacBreoden [DWN]
Katrina Cole did come by to tame, but was late … It seems she was sidetracked by ToT.

Good Job Everyone! Thanks for supporting the Zoo. See you next Sunday, July 19.

------------------------------------------------

Round 1 of Sunday Night Taming began January 4, 2009 and has been at Tier 11 since January 25. Ten people received awards during Round One.

Round 2 started April 5; thus far eleven people have received zoo awards for participating.

With Round 2 of Sunday Night Taming about to end, M!S is discussing alternative ways to keep Baja’s Royal Zoo on Tier 11 through the summer. Some of the ideas being tossed around are:
  • Everyone donates their tames to their own account, then a 50/50 drawing … 50% of the gold to the winner, and 50% to the Zoo for maintenance.
  • Guild vs Guild competitions
If you have any ideas or suggestions as to how to keep the Zoo on Tier 11, please post them.

B

Bucko the Kid

Our Lil Ms. Sara wrote:

With Round 2 of Sunday Night Taming about to end, M!S is discussing alternative ways to keep Baja’s Royal Zoo on Tier 11 through the summer. Some of the ideas being tossed around are:
  • Everyone donates their tames to their own account, then a 50/50 drawing … 50% of the gold to the winner, and 50% to the Zoo for maintenance.
  • Guild vs Guild competitions
If you have any ideas or suggestions as to how to keep the Zoo on Tier 11, please post them. [/QUOTE]

Greetings All,

One idea would be a fundraiser auction. We all have stuff laying around that we don't use that we could donate for a fundraiser. I have a Lord British Throne that no matter where I place it, it just doesn't fit in but I bet there are others that would love to have it.

I bet Urlik would donate a pair of his Air Urliks, Super Ken, an hour or two of PvP one on one training, Xel, the zen of sake and PvM, Sphinx in a pink dress for a week! Tamers could donate tamed Greater Dragons and Cu's. The list goes on and on!

Since its a fundraiser I would like to see 100% of the funds go towards the Royal Zoo but maybe there would be a better response if it were a 50/50?

Auctions can be fun and its for a worthy cause. I hear that we have a few auction houses on Baja and I think its been a while since there has been one. Might be fun!

Respectfully,

Bucko the Kid

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just in from Toni Fierce:

'We are having a holiday from the zoo for this Sunday, July 19. I will go to the zoo on Sunday and let anybody that shows up know that we're not going to be having it this week. Darcia will have family in town.

Next Sunday (July 26th) we are going to hold a T-hunt event where all proceeds will go to the zoo. We will roll for any arties that we might get. This will be open to our zoo regulars. If it goes well we may do another in the future and open it up shard wide (*GASPS*).'