• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Stratics "Win a Million" Essay Contest - Winners Announced

A

Aster

Low funds getting you down?
Have the urge to make your home your palace, but don't have enough simoleons to upgrade from outhouse to indoor plumbing?
Tell us about it.
No, really, tell us about it ...

EAL/TSO Stratics is hosting the first (and only) "Win a Million" Essay Contest.

To participate, write an essay (at least 250 words) that explains what it is you think you would do with 1,000,000 simoleons. Your essay can be about a dream you might not ever actually implement, or concrete plans you would like to put in place as soon as the million was in your sim's bank account. If you've always wanted to pet pull, have a disposable wardrobe, give every sim in the world a present, attempt crafting, or build a dream home but lack the funds, now is the time to shout it out.

A million simoleons are waiting for you and your sim. Spread the word - essays must be received by 11:59 pm CST Sunday, June 8 to be considered. Winners will be announced the week of June 9.
Essays must be at least 250 words. If you would like to write something longer, please feel free. To enter, email your entry with "Win a Million" in the subject line title to aster at stratics.com. Be sure to state the sim name in EA-Land (sorry, no TC3 funds available) and your Stratics handle name. Winning essays may be published to the main page of EAL/TSO Stratics.

Good luck!

D

dannybob

who cares ea tok over 20 million from me now u wanna give away a million when the games gonna end isnt that what ea wanted to stop the influx of money

S

Spaghetti Legs

who cares ea tok over 20 million from me now u wanna give away a million when the games gonna end isnt that what ea wanted to stop the influx of money
I'm thinking that's really a moot point about now...or am I missing something?

Sounds like a great contest, Aster! I know I've seen lots of posts from sims needing more moola moola.

C

Cherri Bear

:thumbup: WOW! This sounds fun!!

Well, I have the title to my essay..that is a start. :p

T

TKSpeedy

I posted a message that I agreed with you, but then I re-read the post and deleted mine. It's not EA that is having the cotest, it's Stratics. :) In which case, yes, I will enter.....have an idea already. :)

X

xbadkhmerx2

It's just going to be a fun event before EA-Land ends, ok? and ea wanted to make the economy better, not stop the influx of money. They ARE ending the game probably because of too many problems, and the game didn't succeed in popularity anyway, but it was fun and I made many friends and had some good times. :shots:

A

Aster

ummmmmmmm... June 7th is on a Saturday this year....I know this for a fact because that is my birthday....:p
Thanks for catching that ... and happy prebirthday :) The contest ends right before midnight on Sunday, June 8.

And TK is correct. This isn't an EA contest, it is a Stratics contest. EA is the company that makes and runs EAL/TSO. Stratics is a volunteer gaming-devoted fansite with news, content and message boards that has a subsite devoted to EAL/TSO. The volunteers of Stratics do not work for EA, and the employees of EA are not associated with Stratics.

V

Vanilla Sky

:lick: Ummmm...I too reread the post where this is a stratics contest. Still EA should take a hint from the people here and just give everyone $1 million simoleans lol Anyways, good luck to everyone who enters.

A

Aster

An update on the entries so far ...

Let's just say if you enter now, you have a very good chance of winning :p
I also wanted to add that having the winning entry posted as news isn't mandatory. If you would prefer that the world not read what you've written, that is a-ok.

Deadline is still Sunday, 11:59 pm!

T

TKSpeedy

I'm still working on mine...but I mis-read the rules and thought it was up to 250 words. I just noticed it said AT LEAST 250 words. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to write something that is at least 250 words. Yikes!

A

Aster

I threw that part in there so that people wouldn't send in entries that say "Give me the money."

Do the best you can with the word count - you could always talk about the fun times you've had in-game in the past or how you spent your first million or what you've been up to that means you have a broke sim and no money to fill it out :)

S

Spaghetti Legs

To enter, email your entry with "Win a Million" in the subject line title to aster at stratics.com. Be sure to state the sim name in EA-Land (sorry, no TC3 funds available) and your Stratics handle name.
Good luck with your entry! :)

A

Aster

There were some very thoughtful essays submitted!
Thanks to all who took the time to enter ... winners will be announced by Friday, if not before.

Aster

A

Aster

The news article announcing the winners is here.

Thanks to all who entered - there were awesome entries from everyone.
Three winners were chosen and one honorable mention.

Vanilla Skye is our Honorable Mention choice. She has big dreams, and I hope that the rares available for her prizes will help her achieve them.

The three winners of the essay contest are (in no particular order)

Cherri Bear

TKSpeedy

miuf

Miuf's first language is French - if we had an extra something to add on for writing the essay in English, he would definitely receive it.

Snippets of the winning entries can be found on the main page article.
Congratulations, Cherri, TKSpeedy, miuf and Vanilla Skye, and thanks again to all who entered.

S

Spaghetti Legs

I really enjoyed reading the snippets from your essays...all of you! Even if it is bittersweet. :sad4:

C

Cherri Bear

:thumbup: Woohoo!! Thankies!!

:party: Party time!!

Coming soon to EA Land.... BEARZVILLE Gives Back. :thumbup1:

So Many Simoleans, So Little Time

By Cherri Bear

Good question for these last remaining days The Sims Online is open. What would a bear do with 1 million simoleans? And, spend it in two short months? Well, short of buying all the salmon I could eat..here is my story.

Most of my sim bear life has been wonderfully exciting, carefree and happy.
Oh there were some bear hunters and mafias, of course. That was to be expected. But, all in all, these past few years have been an awesome experience for me!

Roaming the woods and streets of Test Center since 1973, I have fulfilled all my sim life wishes and desires. Building, crafting, starting a hood for bears (Bearzville), making some awesome lifetime friends, owner of Test Center’s only Trash Dump, cooking my famous Stuffed Iguana Tail recipe for friends and visitors, and the list goes on…

So, this leads me to…BEARZVILLE GIVES BACK.

If I were to win 1 million simoleans, I would change my house in Bearzville into a HUGE party place and donate simoleans to sims who are still looking to fulfill THEIR wishes and desires. I would put out signs for sims to write where they can be found after August 1st, 2008, or just to write their thoughts to share with others in game.

My one last wish before EA closes us down, is that we can all get together and have some of the most fun, exciting, happy, thrilling, carefree times I have had with all of you these past 5 ½ years.

I want to make a place where we can all play, roll in the grass, hug, and enjoy each other while we are all still together.

~ Cherri 6/5/08

T

TKSpeedy

Thanks! I'm still in shock! I never thought I'd have a chance of winning!

V

Vanilla Sky

Oh wow, thanks so much for the Honorable Mention! That's so nice of you and of course I would love to have the rares. Will talk to you in game about it. Thanks a million ! :D

M

miuf

thanks soooo much i never tought i could win! i am really priviledge! how about coming to my house for a big party?, i will be like santa in the next couples of days:0:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::thumbup1: hope to see you guys in game tonight....

V

Vanilla Sky

:thumbup: Oh yea, and SUPER CONGRATS TO: Cherri Bear, TKSpeedy, and miuf for actually WINNING the $1 mil !!