• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Stories at the YMCA for Christmas Eve Eve

• Thread starter JaydeSilverhart
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JaydeSilverhart

On December 23rd, blues and reds (and even one yellow) joined together at the Yew Merry Center for All to exchange stories and holiday cheer. Though the crowd began small, it swelled as the night proceeded and by the third tale, seating was hard to find in the tavern-style first floor of the establishment.

Our own News Manager, Kimi Mori, led off the stories with a haunting tale of the Howling Banshee. The crowd remained riveted as she detailed the misadventure of Scott of Minoc, who nearly met his doom at the hands of the Banshee.

As the crowd filtered in, Malice stood to tell a grisly tale of a black wolf and the vampire SpyderByte. Not for the feint of heart, the story drew mixed reactions from the gathered listeners.

Next rose Thraximus of the Zogs, recounting a particularly bloody battle from the early years of his guild. The tale revolved around a battle for Moonglow City between the B^G guild and the Zogs, resulting in a draw and the end of hostilities between the guilds.

Tinbal the Odd rose next to speak, telling a tale of the crazed Ed of Cove and his torture of innocent pixies. Fortunately, his friend Al was able to rescue the pixies from further poking and prodding, and escaped Ed's madness. Several of the patrons were clearly distraught at the plight of the pixies, but gained comfort in that they were all released and went on to live normal lives. Tinbal then told a second tale, a short legend surrounding a great Yew tree in the Makoto-jima city of Zento in the Tokuno Islands.

Not finding volunteers for the next read, Dor herself read a poem from the YMCA's vast library, The Ladies of Sosaria by the famous poet Talanithus. It seems good Talanithus got himself into quite a lot of trouble with the ladies!

Kimi spoke again next, relating another of Talanithus' lyrics, For Kimi. The poem was written when Miss Mori was in dire straits with her health, and spoke volumes about what our News Manager means to all of us on the Sonoma shard of the Gem.

Next rose Masara the Invulnerable, who wove a superb epic poem surrounding the seductive Colleen, a master thief of the Black Velvet Band.

Phoebuise rose next, delivering a short but poignant sonnet lamenting the fleeting nature of love, which resonated strongly with several of the Center's patrons.

Yours truly took the opportunity to relay a cute little poem entitled Santa Claws, the Christmas Dragon, drawing several giggles from the crowd.

Tinbal the Odd rose next for his third reading of the night, a powerful tale written by Lord British himself through a scribe; lyrics to the music frequently played throughout the halls of the grievously empty Castle Brittania. The words spoke of a noble, proud citizenry determined to survive against all odds. After surviving and rebuilding following the burning of Trinsic, the corruption of Yew and the monster invasion of Britain itself, this reporter finds Lord British's words to be most prophetic and profound.

Masara wrapped up the event in poignant fashion, singing in her crystalline voice a lively tune called Through A Young Laddie's Eyes. The moving lyrics focused on the concept of leaving a legacy for future generations.

As the crowd had dwindled and many of the readers retired for the evening before the readings were done, no prize was awarded this week. However, by all accounts the attendees of this holiday gathering enjoyed the yarns and the beverages immensely.

Jayde wishes to thank News Manager Kimi Mori for the outstanding pictures. She also would like to apologize for the delay in posting this story; her holiday reveling has delayed her all-important Stratics duties today.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh thrax told a story about B^G? and I missed it! What a shame. I wish I could have read it. Is there any possibilty of getting the stories posted?

I would love to hear a story of Cice Havaris again.

Great report jayde and I enjoyed our conversation afterwards as well.

Look forward to seeing and speaking with you next week!

J

JaydeSilverhart

*nods* Definitely.

I have a log of the stories, but as it was provided by another, I would need to get her permission to post the stories themselves. In the meantime, any of the individuals who spoke are more than welcome to post here and relay their stories.

Here's mine, Santa Claws, the Christmas Dragon:

You won't find him eating cookies, bringing Christmas gifts or coal;
he's never rode a sleigh or been to see the Northern pole.
His belly's got no jelly but his cheeks are rosy red
and when the blizzard stops we're gonna use him as a sled!

He's Santa Claws, the Christmas Dragon
and when it's getting cold, it's time to play.
He loves to flap and fly, although he blots out half the sky -
watch out Rudolph, dragons have the right of way!

We're gathered 'round the table for our family's Christmas feast;
we've tried to make enough for both the in-laws and the beast.
This year I think we're going to make a couple Christmas hams
or else we'll have to fight him for Aunt Betsy's candied yams!

he's cunning and he's daring and he's shrewd.
Better bring your appetite; there'll be no leftovers tonight -
fill your plate before he eats up all the food!

Coiled around the Christmas tree, his nostrils full of pine,
he sleeps off all the Christmas cheer he got from nog and wine,
The sugar plums are dancing, there's a smile across his face.
He's snoring and his breath is lighting up our fireplace...

There's jingle-bells that run along his wings...
and everybody knows he gets excited when it snows,
because his breath can melt the snowmen when he sings!

It's great to get his presents from his land of fantasy;
his hoarde is full of treasures he can place around the tree.
It's hard to shop for dragons though; though everybody tries,
we just can't buy hats or sweaters - they don't make them in his size!

Sadly, soon our friend is going to have to leave.
But every year he'll show when the world gets full of snow
and it's a party from then on 'til New Year's Eve!

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best not to get on santa claws wrong side, might end in more trouble then you expected.

M

Mandolin

I always re-post my fiction here on the White Stag forum. I encourage anyone else who writes their own UO based fiction to do the same.

K

Kimi_Mori

For you M'lord hunter, Merry Christmas

<blockquote><hr>

Thraximus:

I'll tell the one about the Battle for Moonglow

Thraximus: ZOG vs B^G

Thraximus: if anyone knows what guilds those where'
Thraximus: noobs
Thraximus: !
Thraximus: anyway
Dor: That *was* awhile ago

Calell: quite a bit
Malice: a long time ago

Thraximus: The fog was thick on the marrow near glow
Thraximus: me and my comrades stormed from the moongate
Thraximus: in great hast
Thraximus: the vile Cice had declared a war upon the great empire of zog a day earlier
Dor: heh
Thraximus: Laied in Steel and arms, me and my troops barged into moongl,ow
Thraximus: only to find just one black guard sitting there
Thraximus: perhaps a scout? or a rookie
Thraximus: ;-)
Thraximus: we cut him down like sliced bread
Thraximus: and then drank his blood
Thraximus: as was the custome of the time
Calell: tasteful.
Dor: eep
Thraximus: anyhow
Kimi Mori: *make note to not be the scout*
Thraximus: just then, Lord Hunter and a squad of about 6

Thraximus: B^Gs, came craweling in from the dock area of glow
Thraximus: within seconds a fight rang out around the city
Thraximus: I called for my general at the time, Puck, to bring reinforcments and he soon came in with 6 zogs
Thraximus: it was funny because at the same time Hunter or cice, musta called in reinforcments
halfhand: *hic*
Thraximus: for hours on in zogs and B^G hacked each others limbs off
Thraximus: for the glory of empires in the golden age of sonoma
Dor: *winces*
Thraximus: when honor ment somthing more
Thraximus: when the day was over
Thraximus: both sides called it a draw
Machine Gun Mimi: !!!

Dor: *waves to Masara*

Xero Underhaven: !!!

Thraximus: and haggered back to their "lands"
*falls off horse*
Masara: *waves*
Kimi Mori: *waves*

Dor: *smiles*

Thraximus: but soon

Thraximus: the B^G declared peace
Thraximus: like cowardly dogs

Malice: Hhhee
Thraximus: and Cices glory faded for all time

Thraximus: never to be seen again
Thraximus: THANK YOU

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, thanks Kimi, that was a very fun war.

I remember gateing into the docks with my men and all hell breaking loose.

The battle had to have lasted 2-3 hours.

Ahh, I miss those days.

And for some reason I think that poor one guard in the begining was Perry, now known as Suicidal Gnome.

That wasnt our last war either, nor was it our first agaisnt eachother.