• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]Spring Rares Festival Deco Bag Contest

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Lake Superior “Spring” Rares Festival
Deco Bag Contest
By Fraggles/Luna

Participants can use their creativity to design a decoration inside a bag, using items ONLY bought from NPC vendors such as gems, jewels, tools, cloth, etc.

Contest Rules
*Allowed items are to be normal items bought on NPC vendors

[FONT=&quot](That includes the bag/pouch/backpack where you will build your design)
* You cannot use tokuno dyes or natural dyes. You can use NPC dye tubs or veteran dye tubs (public tubs available at Fest Vendor Houses)
* After the items are submitted to one of the LS Fest hosters, you can’t ask for your items back.
* Deco Bags *needs* to be submitted before Saturday 9th April 8PM EST (7pm CST, 5pm PST)
* A book with your name, ICQ or any other way to contact you, title of the design must be present in the bag OR be sure to submit it along the deco bag.
* Participants can only submit 1 Deco Bag.
* Fest Hosters allowed to receive Deco Bags are:
- Mokey Fraggle [FALL]
- Lady Pandora [~~~]
- Lord MeneM [BEC]
* Bags will be for display on Rares Fest Stage House and everyone will be able to put a vote on each bag using a Ballot Box (Available after Saturday April 9th at 8PM EST)

How we will choose the winner
Each Judge person will choose his “Top 5” Deco Bags in importance order. So first bag design will get 5 points, 2nd bag = 4 points, 3rd bag = 3 points, 4th bag = 2 points and last, 5th bag will get 1 point.

[/FONT]
Judges
-Lord Deckard
-Tink,
-Rose Bud
-MeneM Sewer Rat

Prize
A Petal From The Golden Lotus of Heaven
(picture says something different because of the name length)

Players can vote designs using a Ballot Box we will provide. The top 3 voted bags will get 3 points, 2 points and 1 point respectively. After all Judges have chosen their bag we will count votes on each bags and choose 1st prize, 2nd and 3rd.

If you have ANY questions at all please let Mokey Fraggle [FALL], Lady Pandora [~~~] or Lord MeneM [BEC] know and they will answer them for you.

N

Nightly Spirit

Have you noticed that some items fall behind others in the bag and the deco doesnt appear the way it should? Is there anything we can do about this? Does it happen at server down?

T

Tribute House

Ive noticed the same thing, I was able to get my bag to reload properly via going through a moongate (or recalling as someone posted on another thread) but im concerned about having the bag locked down, folks will be able to tug on the items thus messing with the layers, which im under the impression will ruin the design : /
Maybe screenshots posted on the forums as a means for public voting?

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking.. i could unlock a bag, go through several moongates, or recalls, or whatever is needed to see if the design reloads properly. If that works, then i could do the same on all bags this saturday. Same on sunday.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
When you get them in focus snap a few pictures in case they mess up at like voting time. That way you can direct people to the pictures :)

Nothing worse then pulling out your hair because of a contest malfunction at deadline time. Trust me I would know LoL