• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Spring Cleaning 2008

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spring Cleaning 2008

I thought that because we should be getting Spring cleaning fairly soon, a post on the 2008 cleaning would be nice.
If you were on a break from UO at that time, or maybe didn’t even know the game existed that long ago.. This post will hopefully get you excited for the new Spring Cleaning.

Spring Cleaning turned out to not really be in spring, like this year will be.
It began on May 6th, and was rolled out slowly. The 2nd and 3rd round added in new rewards to claim as well as new items you could donate. The donations weren’t turned off until well after the summer, but you could still turn in your tickets or claim items from points you already added.

There were 37 rewards to choose from, 18 of which were mostly for deco use.
(Only 30 rewards if you don’t count the virtue tiles separately)

• Sherry the mouse statuette – Works (or is suppose to work) like a town crier.

[*]Virtue Titles – Eight tiles are in the set. They can be placed facing two different directions.

[*]Chaos Title - Looks like the Virtue tiles but can only be placed in one direction.

[*]Yucca Tree

[*]Bamboo

[*]Horse Barding

[*]Dragon Head

[*]Nest with eggs

[*]Fire Pit

[*]Beehive – Produces honey

[*]Archery Butte – Can be used like a dart board

[*]Mouse Hole

A full list of the turn in items and rewards can be found here.

Personally I think the mouse hole was kind of silly as it’s hard to even see.
I don’t know that I have a favorite per say as I use almost all of them in my decorating except the mouse hole.
I thought I’d share a few different examples I’ve seen on my travels the past 2 weeks or so.

Bamboo and Beehive - Mystical Llama

Bamboo and Chaos Tile - Eve Libertine

Bamboo - Hunter Moon

Yucca Tree - Franny Flame

Yucca Tree - Ozz

Yucca Tree - jaclyn

Yucca Tree and Honesty Tile - Snowbird

Honesty Virtue Tile - Teika

Justice, Honesty and Humility Tiles - Teika

Compassion, Honor, Justice, Honesty, Spirituality, and Valor Tiles - Tommy Girl

Compassion, Honesty, Humility, Justice, and Sacrafice Tiles - Goodman (Andrasta)

Justice Tile - Skeletor

*Going to stop naming which tiles are in since we've named them all by now*

Branwyn Of Errol

Jefferson

Fire Pit and Virtue Tiles - Snowbird

Archery Butte and Virtue Tile

Sherry The Mouse - Teika

Nest (On the keg) - Tazar

Horse Barding - Witchblade

Horse Barding - Franny Flame

Horse Barding - Norm Abram

Horse Barding - Goodman (Andrasta)

Fire Pit (It's in there I swear!) - Norm Abram

Fire Pit - Desdemona

Dragon Head - Franny Flame

Dragon Head - Ikea

Dragon Head

Chaos Tile - Franny Flame

Beehive - Tazar

Beehive - Gaius

Beehive - TalSanSu

Beehive - KaFenris

Beehive - Norm Abram

Beehive

Do you have a favorite out of these items? Let’s hear it or better yet, If you have a very unique use for any of these items, Let’s see it!
(I can come take screen shots if you have a hard time doing it yourself.)

Would you like to see other posts like this? Past deco reward items such as rubble perhaps being used in deco? Let me know.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Grins* come do a rubble/server birth/everything post at my houses haha =)

I think the most useful bit of the spring cleaning rewards are the virtue tiles...
Most specifically the chaos tile..

The mouse hole can be rather handy when used on walls in combo with ninja as memory serves it lets you pass though them in rat form... Doesn't it? so if you ever wanted a room with no doors or teles... there you go I guess it could also be used in the hard to get to places to deco as long as there large enough to walk on... although perhaps you can just stand on the walls its on... I haven't really played with it... could be a useful deco tool though...

Crap! Now I wanna go play with the mouse hole...

look what you did...

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep you can get through if you're a ninja.
Theyre just so tiny that if you're using them for just deco, it doesn't show very well.

But for tricks of decoing, or like you said a hidden room, it would work well.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With my winter contest design, I hid a Sherry statue underneath a snowpile, then placed a mousehole against the same snowpile... So everytime you walked by the mousehole, Sherry would give you an update on the Bane invasion :D

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE!!!

:love:

The Mouse Hole… either as a ninja, in animal form of rat or bunny (I believe) or as a mage as slime form. Not in squirrel or ferret form, even though you would figure they are the same size.

I wish they would have tinted these deeds some odd color at least, because they get just as lost in storage as they do accessing secret rooms. I have one someplace… and it's lost. hehe

O

olduofan

I have tried and tried to place my mouse hole I gave up on it I read every post on this forum and others forums I tried it all still cant get it to place next to the wall I tried many different walls all over my 3 houses it will not place up against the walls and like others have pointed out you cant even see it unless you use the white tiles sets. It would be nice if we could dye it like white or blaze color so it stands out. I am very disappointed in this item I really dont care about being able to go in it some how which again has never worked for me not sure if its because its away from wall or not but others have said the same things about it....

S

soulstoner

Nice pics :) I luved that event & had a blast farming turn-ins as well as culling out oddities. Much looking forward to the next one and hope the rewards are as kewl (that'll be hard cause the 2008s were all super duper) You inspired me to take a couple shots for show:

the compassion tile in the love seat nook & the justice tile weighting in the kitchen

a combo of the chaos tiles, nest, fire pit & bee hive with the morning glory.

Those spring cleaning deco items along with rubble from Ol'Magincia made for really nice deco combos.

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome pics, both of you.
It's really going to be more of a 'Summer Cleaning' apparently, but I can't wait anyway :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that old BIG picture from that collection! Finally. It's got a lot of the big things together, less the armor and such. :popcorn: