• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] SPOTLIGHT LEGENDARY DREAMS!!

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legendary Dreams Rune Library

There are many wonderful sites and sounds in the vicinity of Luna. One such site is that of the Legendary Dreams Rune Library.

Opened on February 20, 2010 it wasn't so much planned as honed and evolved over a period of time. The proprietor of this establishment is Ander. A 5 year veteran of the game, he enjoys attention to detail and filling a need in the community.

Legendary Dreams fills a spot in the community that many of us tend to take for granted. How many times have you wanted to hit a specific destination but knew you were going to end up running your tushy off to get to it? With the implementation of this facility, you don't have to as someone has already done the running for you.

An advocate of implementing suggestions, Ander is always willing to accept input. This was demonstrated quite clearly when halfway through our interview I asked for public dye tubs. I was then politely reminded about another feature of this rune library. That feature is of course the house to house teleporters located on the first floor.

A permanent fixture of the library they can take you to various shops that are being highlighted by Legendary Dreams. These teleporters are permanent or changed only at the request of the establishment owner to whom they are linked. And as for my public dye tubs request, Alea's pad in the back row, will easily get me to them.

Additionally as I concluded this interview I was asked to give credit, as the Rune Library is a product of a lot of helping hands. Per my Promise, here are those honorable mentions verbatim:

Lord Nabin - He has graciously donated the use of several sets of telepads and is also a very big community project investor... without his help i guarantee that the library would not have near what it does! Special Thanks and acknowledgment to him!

Lord MORDIE - Original author and design mogul, was very big into deco and this base model of the house was his original build! A creative Genius with UO and its deco mechanics.

Lord Cortez-For making reproduction of the books possible and for outstanding support of a friend.

*Those of you who would like to submit a request to Ander may do so using Stratics as he goes under the name of AND3R. Also, I would be more than happy to pass along requests. Also of note is that most new additions are added same day they are introduced into the game.

A

AND3R

Thanks for a job well done Bryelle!

Attention Pacific Community:
Any and all suggestions you have for implementing improvements, ideas, new runebooks or specific locations, please post them here!
I have on hand about 100 more runebooks in storage that are already marked out. Most of the books are different locations than those already in the public section of the library.

Currently working on a creative and user friendly way to "index" the library for an organized experience and feel.
As of right now the "Color Coded Runebooks" are the only identifiable feature for indexing runebook selections.

SIDENOTE:
Looking for a motivated Tamer to build a VAST Taming Section that details several books.
Think you are the best Tamer on the Pacific shard? A Daunting Task to those who dare to rise to a challenge!

*Taming By The Numbers For Optimal Gain (Updated to include new locations)
*Taming Archive For Pets (Alphabetical listing of UO's Greatest Pets)
*Safe Taming Locations
*Dangerous Taming Locations
*Tamer's Hunting Book (This can be more than one volume)
*A Book Written in Moderate to Lengthy Detail of the Taming Templates.

Anyone interested in meeting this challenge can ICQ me @ 363-044-218 or post your interest to this thread!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
An excellent write up. I love the Legendary Dreams Library!