• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Royal Academy of Virtue, More Compassion

Phayde

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[This just in from the Royal Academy of Virtue:]

The Royal Academy of Virtue invites all citizens of Sosaria to attend the second portion of the Compassion seminar, the first in a series of discussions and adventures into how the Virtues touch our lives. This concluding installment on the Virtue of Compassion will take place on Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM (CST) starting in the East Counselor's Hall in Britain (3°46' S by 21°43' E, Trammel) with a short discussion on the relationship between the Virtue of Compassion and its anti-virtue, despise. After this discussion, gates will be opened to the Dungeon of Despise for a tour of landmarks within -- so be prepared to fend off monsters as we travel.

The Royal Academy of Virtue hopes to foster a new age of understanding by taking a deeper look at the core principals of Britannia, and as always, invites everyone to partake in the discussions.

We hope to see you there!

M

mist

I went last night but either I was too late (bout 9:20est) or I was in the wrong place:( I did want to find out more about it. Maybe next time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure the Justicar will be doing many more tours, though not until perhaps after the holidays.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went last night but either I was too late (bout 9:20est) or I was in the wrong place:( I did want to find out more about it. Maybe next time.
You must have just missed us departing. I'm very sorry to have missed you.

We are having one more seminar this year... We'll be studying Justice in two weeks (Thursday, December 17th), and then we'll wait until after the new year to make our dungeon venture into Wrong.

Just so you know the basic schedule, what we're doing is the first part of each Virtue's seminar, we're discussing the Virtue among the participants through the aid of a tale told. The first Compassion seminar was quite successful and a great many opinions were shared among those who attended. Then two weeks later (a bit longer with Justice simply because of the holidays) we are visiting the dungeon associated with the anti-virtue opposite that Virtue we've studied.

Last eve we ventured into Despise and took a look at various landmarks within, discussing what they mean, and some of the history of the dungeon. It served as an interesting tour of a dungeon many people no longer visit.

So if it's not premature, I hope to see you at the Justice seminar, and again, sorry we missed you last night!