• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Report from Underworld/Abyss Bash Event

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nathan Hawke arrived at the Britain Moongate on time and asked if anyone had been exploring the new lands, several hands went up, He went on to ask how dangerous it is, A mixed answer was given.

He told us the mission was simple, to find any sources of evil and note where they live. Dionysus volunteered to lead us through into Ter Mur.

Dionysus told us we'd have to head through the Tomb of Kings before heading for the Abyss.

After a short run from Royal City we arrived outside the Tomb of Kings, Inside "Ord" and "Anord" were spoken to let us into the Tomb.

After a walk through the Tombs we arrived at a red moongate which transported us inside the Abyss. I was quickly informed half the group, Including Nathan were stuck at the moongate so I ran back and found Nathan thinking what to do next.

A quest was needed to get inside. It was decided we would kill the evil in the Tomb instead - The Undead Gurdians, Gargoyle Shades and Silver Serpents.

After a bashing we headed outside and Fear gated us to Fire Island to the dungeon Underworld.

Inside Dionysos explained how Nathan would need to do a quest to gain access to the Abyss.

The first stop was just round the corner in a room full of Acid Slugs, We were looking for Acid Sacs to dissolve vines on certain walls in the Underworld.

Once we had enough Acid Sacs we headed to room one to get a blue key.

Once we had the blue key we headed around the corner and in another room, got the red key.

After we had both keys we headed over a treacherous broken pathway and arrived at a room with another moongate in its center, We went into the moongate which leaded to an empty room.

After a wait a mage monster named "Tyball's Shadow" spawned, we all attacked it.

Nathan and others had now gained access to the Abyss, The quest was over.

----------

After the quest we headed west out of the Tyball room and through a teleporter, We were in front of a spiraling staircase heading down into the Abyss - We quickly followed the staircase down.

Our first stop was the Silver Sapling tree that will resurrect you if you die in the Abyss. From the Silver Sapling we went north east killing anything in our path, we were heading towards a monster called 'Slasher of Veils'.

We found Slasher through a circular building in the middle of the Abyss and started attacking it.

My last view of Nathan was battling Slasher, I never saw him again... Was he eaten by Slasher? You decide.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice report, and a fun evening - I'm glad I ended up playing my necro/mage, since there were plenty of close-combat fighters and another macer would have been of limited use :)

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hyas, it´s Dionysos here :)
Thanks for the pics and the report!!

I saw Nathan getting killed by the slasher of veils, and headed to the silver sapling where I found his bones laying on the ground. Nathan hisself had vanished without a trace.. maybe he´s still wandering around in the abyss?
I searched a bit but didn´t find anything.

I´m clearly wondering how someone invulnerable can die.
*shrugs*

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I´m clearly wondering how someone invulnerable can die.
*shrugs*
From not reading the Publish 60 notes ;)

"Slasher of Veils
Daemonic Targeting: The ability to discern the most effective enemies, and quickly dispatch damage to them
Immortal Death: Can turn invulnerable mobs vulnerable before slaying them
Spell Chain: Rapidly casts several spells in a row
True Fear: Stun-para when a player enters view of the beast
Special moves: Angry Fire, Mana Drain, Paralyze"

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im to lazy to look it up,but didnt have the slasher some special ability to kill things that cant be killed?
But nice event otherwise,they should repeat it with better preparation.Thanks to the EM.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Yes Nathan was very brave tonight. He fought the Slasher hard and long but alas the last thing I saw on my screen was... Nathan Hawke was killed by Slasher of Veil...
Rest in peace Nathan.. I am sure Dawn will come to your aid and resurrect you.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah that explains why I spent my time wandering around inside. I missed the gate to Fire Island bit. Still although I lost touch with the party I still found my way to the Slasher, and boy is he tough. Got some sort of special dual pointed spear for my trouble too. Good fun whatever and good report.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice report and fun event. Looks like curiosity killed the EM, I'm sure he will come :fight: back, or will we have to go get him :stretcher:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atleast for Slasher and Navrey they seem to respawn instantly when one dies, Rather annoying if you've been bashing Slasher for 30 minutes and another spawns on top of it!