• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) News Regarding Future Rares Fest

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
COPIED FROM RARES FORUM:

Originally, I wanted to try to have the festival on Catskills in the first of 2011, but seeing that no one really was stepping up here, I have reach out to a few people on Catskills to form our "committee" for organizing, as Demonous and others did before.

So far, I've received feedback from some great members of our community here in their willingness to help with it.

I'll tentatively throw Catskill's name in the hat, and will follow up in this thread as I get more information.

NUMBER ONE QUESTION: By our current standards, what month would the next festival fall in?

So.... I have asked thru ICQ for a few of the active members here to help me organize this, and all seemed really excited about it! If any of you know about this festivals, they almost always are on HIGH POP shards, so this is a slight stretch for us, but a lot of people have requested Catskills be next, which is sorta cool!

If you have any ideas, or questions about what goes on during these festivals, OR if you'd like to help (which I'll only be taking a certain number of people on the Festival Committee: any question why, I'll answer thru ICQ) please PM me here OR ICQ me at 495659440

Thanks!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a Rares Festival?
I can help answer that!

Several times a year (usually about every 4 months), rares collectors from across all the shards get together on a designated shard to host a festival. The festival consists usually of raffles, events, prizes, auctions, rares vendors, etc. The rares community is currently attempting to choose the next location for what appears might be a festival this November. We just had one on Chesapeake earlier this month.

If interested, you can follow the current thread on the rares forum here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=217692

Here is one post regarding some of what the last rares festival had:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=216945

Hope that helps!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
YAY!!! Hopefully we can make it happen!
:cheerleader:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see it happen I could sell some stuff off that I've aquired.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've spoken to New Thunder who's offered his Empty Luna vendor house for vendors.
There will be 33 empty vendor spaces there.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've spoken to New Thunder who's offered his Empty Luna vendor house for vendors.
There will be 33 empty vendor spaces there.
Can i reserve one in advance please Flutter

Thunderz of Atlantic 414-002-161

thanks

Thunderz

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm more than happy to offer use of my Luna plot or the abyss human/elf plot for whatever you may need.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having attended each rares fest, I can honestly say that the worst ones I've attended were in Luna. The lag, no guard zone (harbingers), and general griefing by players that didn't approve of all the x-sharders on "their" shard...... just a bunch of BS.

I've got a couple of ideas on locations, and as the most recent Festival on Chessy demonstrated, the EMs can place moongates straight to the location from Luna and Haven, so there is no "travel time".....

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Catskills is still interested in hosting the next Rares Festival, the rares community needs confirmation and a firm plan. We have a few other shards that have expressed interest, but I think if Catskills can pull it together that they might be given the next one.

Its all up to you guys!

~ Assia Penryn
UO Rares Forum Moderator