• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Rare Ceremony (PaxOku)

Chesapeake News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New PaxOku Mayor Appointed
PaxOku, Homare-Jima Island
April 08, 2010

The PaxLair Statehood held its regular meeting on Tuesday night at 9pm ET. The meeting was attended by citizens and allies of PaxLair, Dragons Watch, PaxOku and Gyldenfeld. Governor Winfield of the PaxLair Statehood opened the meeting welcoming any new people to introduce themselves. Before moving onto city reports Winfield requested for everyone to meet outside at the PaxOku banner for a rare ceremony....

"My ceremony tonight is the appointment of one of our City Mayors within our Statehood. It is not very often we have a change in leadership of one of our cities. PaxOku will have a new Mayor tonight! ... to replace my role here as the Acting Mayor. I know everyone is happy about that..."

The crowd busted out with cheering and applauds from all of the townships.

"Tatania Karthina is no stranger to use of course. She was previously a Mayor of PaxOku and is still the Curator here. Then and now, she demonstrates superb abilities to lead and inspire people. She can even get an orc or two to take a dip in a nearby pool of water, if she tells them how they might get some shinies or pyktur buuks. I am extremely pleased to once more give my highest confidence to Tatania to be the Mayor of PaxOku."

Tatania was asked to come forward and stand next to Winfield as he would administer an Oath that would place her in a spot of responsibility and accountability to not only PaxOku and PaxLair but the entire realm as well.

"Do you swear fealty unto me, the Governor of the PaxLair Statehood and to lead PaxOku with all its riches and treasures of people, citizens, friends and allies. To bring forth within this realm the camaraderie and spirit that is truly in the nature of PaxOku and PaxLair Statehood to the best of all your abilities?"

Tatania Karthina spoke Clearly saying "I do"

"Very well, then by the power vested in me as the Governor of PaxLair and with the Power of the Ancients, I appoint you, Tatania Karthina, as Mayor of PaxOku."

The crowd could hardly contain itself any longer and once again busted out in Cheer, Shield banging and applauds. Excitement and joy could be felt all around as Tatania Karthina stood in front of her peers, now as the Sixth appointed Mayor of PaxOku.

"Thank you very much! As I was Mayor before, I had my learning experience then... and trust me in that I learned too. I hope to learn now, if in a calmer and more serene way. PaxOku, I will strive to keep a peaceful city and one where anyone can come to learn or enjoy culture of many kinds."

Ashlynn spoke up quickly asking, Awww, so not a new age of ambition? and expansion!
Jobe starlight whispered a rumor that he heard the new mayors hand out 1mill checks.
Mayor NANOC of Dragons Watch offered their assistance should Tatania ever need it.

Again congratulations to Mayor Tatania Karthina on her new position within PaxOku and the PaxLair Statehood. Tatania not only has the respect and admiration of the PaxLair Statehood cities she also has it from many different groups, guilds and townships on the shard. Tatania has been very active over the years with many different projects, government, establishments and organizations. Here are a number of examples....

Deputy Viceroy of PaxOku
Viceroy of PaxOku
Mayor of PaxOku (x2)
Acting Governor of the PaxLair Statehood
PaxLair Reporter
Stratics Reporter
Curator of PaxOku
Ambassador of the PaxLair Statehood

Founder of The Silent Rose Library
(Chesapeakes Largest library, with over 1,000 books.)
Silent Rose Stage
Chesapeake Bagball Association
PaxLair Theatre Company
Chesapeake Theatre Company
Chesapeake Play Season
The PaxLair Times
Jeopardy Game

more...