• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] PvP Tournament 2nd Quarter 2009 Champions

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin PvP Tournament
April 25, 2009

EM Faine Morgan was assisted in the arena by Chesapeake's EM Dudley​

Dexxer Bracket
Launchpad McQuack (won) vs Slaughterhouse​

Morgaine vs BeeF CakE
Went to 20 minute timer for Sudden Death round​

Morgaine vs BeeF CakE (won)
Sudden Death Round​

(Dexxer bracket was not completed, no champion declared)​

Pure Mage Bracket
Mere (won) vs KoRnUtz​

Temptation vs Mere (won)​

Mere, winner of the Pure Mage Bracket​

Hybrid Mage Bracket
VENDETTA (winner by default)​

Battle Royal
VENDETTA vs KoRnUtz vs Temptation vs Mere (won)​

Trophies Are On Display At The Origin PvP House

As EM Faine Morgan has stated, this was the first tournament and a learning experience, and changes will be made for future tournaments.

There were several contestants who sat patiently in the spectator area waiting for things to get sorted out by the EMs so the competition could continue, proving there are players who want the tournaments. Their willingness to wait, understanding and appreciative statements afterwards made the tournament a success .. some champions were crowned, and plans are being made for the 3rd Quarter event.

To leave feedback for EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan regarding this event or future tournaments, click here.
--------------------------------​

Upcoming EM events are displayed on EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan's website, UO – Origin Events, by mousing over the dates displayed in red on the calendar.

N

Nastia Cross

*gasp* Dudley is cheating on Chesapeake!!! oooh I'm telling on him!!! *a thought occurs* if Dudley can help ya'll with a PvP tourney, why doesn't he run one for us?? *le sigh*

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gasp* Dudley is cheating on Chesapeake!!! oooh I'm telling on him!!! *a thought occurs* if Dudley can help ya'll with a PvP tourney, why doesn't he run one for us?? *le sigh*
Oh, no! Was I misinformed about EM Dudley's shard???!!! I must find more reliable sources!

* starts googling *
* makes correction *

M

Michael Wolf

Personally I think this is a test to see how it works out then possibly to open arena's on all shards who's EM's want to take responsibility to run one. If Dudley was willing to help here I'd think it would be because he is planning to do the same on Chessy and wanted to see how it worked out and what mistakes not to make on your shard.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say after they come out with a bold statement like this:

Message from the Game Masters
The Game Masters
24 Mar 2009 16:02:02
In recent live events we have had some players who have been disruptive to the Event Moderators and other players. Going forward any player that disrupts an event will be asked to stop from the EM hosting the event. If the player continues to disrupt the event they will be removed from the area and a GM will be paged to handle the situation. Based on the GM’s investigation and findings, their account could be subject to punitive actions. If you would like to dispute such actions, you may click Here and leave a detailed description.
And the EM's on Origin act like a bunch of pushovers when a few players decide to have a little fun with the tournament, it shows nothing to the players but that the Origin EMs truly have no pull. Laughable? The Origin EM's should feel stupid and totally humiliated after such a statement from "the Game Masters".

The Baja tournament was very well orchestrated by EM Seppo, I'd advise Origin's EMs to perhaps consult him for advice if they're able to do so. Another thing, players that disrupt any event PvP or otherwise should have action taken against their account. Even if it's a slap on the wrist or a 24-hour ban. It might not be in the best interest of the player but it will strengthen those events in future times to come.

The talent pool on Origin is not very large. That said events like these will help strengthen PvP notoriety on the shard. If the tournaments are being done more frequently and done right it will be the best thing for any shard in a very long time. One thing you might as well save his time and give Chad a plaque now and maybe he'll return a favor by boycotting the event for inferior players to win more often. I'll give Mere credit outside of the RENT talent pool he is probably the best active mage on Origin.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir Alister,

And the EM's on Origin act like a bunch of pushovers when a few players decide to have a little fun with the tournament, it shows nothing to the players but that the Origin EMs truly have no pull. Laughable? The Origin EM's should feel stupid and totally humiliated after such a statement from "the Game Masters".
Back when the PvP tournament was announced, Origin’s EMs stated they were not going to use the paging the GMs ability for this event. Rather they were going to give the players a chance to prove themselves. They held true to their word on this first tournament, as it was the ‘testing ground’ for future tournaments.

EM Faine Morgan: http://www.emfainemorgan.com/?page_id=211
“**Note: This first tournament will be a testing ground for future tournaments. We expect a few bumps and are doing everything in our power to make this as enjoyable as possible for all involved. We ask that everyone keep an open mind and give us feedback after the tournament concludes on ways to improve the next tournament. We are hoping to be able to hold these PvP Tournaments Quarterly.”

Ghost_Writer: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=136982
“… they (EMs) are relying us to behave ...”

Sara: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=136277
Keep in mind that EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan do not have crowd control capabilities. If an event becomes too unruly to continue, all they can do is announce it is over and leave.

The Baja tournament was very well orchestrated by EM Seppo, I'd advise Origin's EMs to perhaps consult him for advice if they're able to do so.
As for the Baja PvP tournament being without issues, the players there did not sit with their hands folded, angelically waiting and watching. For the first rounds of that tournament, it was held in an area where spell casting is restricted to the mage arena. In the later stage of the tournament that was held at the Avalon arena there was more than one instance of disruption. Were you not there when a winner was rez killed and his guild took retribution? The difference there was the offending guild took off to the wide-open spaces and the avenging guild followed.

When you say
One thing you might as well save his time and give Chad a plaque now and maybe he'll return a favor by boycotting the event for inferior players to win more often.
In response to this, I quote you: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=137302
“I agree with the fact that the way the tournament was completed on Baja was plain stupid.
Three weeks of total domination for a plaque that they're just going to overwrite for the next person.”

To everyone: Yes, mistakes were made at the first Origin tournament, and EM Faine is the first to admit to and take responsibility for the mistakes she made. Some of the players need to stand up and take responsibility, too, not only for some of the poor choices made during the tournament, but for the lack of feedback and suggestions offered prior to the tournament. There was one .. ONE ... instance of feedback suggesting a change prior to the tournament. As for feedback following the tournament, last I checked the EMs had received no messages. There's an old proverb, 'If you're not a part of the solution you're a part of the problem.' This tournament is over and done with. History can not be changed, however it can be used to shape future tournaments. Submit feedback on UO - Origin Events.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to get into it with you because a lot of what you write is true.

The Baja event was stupid due to poor rules - but the EM was better organized. The arena was also way better. If people attacked it didn't take an hour to get things back started again. The scheduling was always well orchestrated.

I will stand behind my opinion that plaques are stupid. It'd be better if the player got the plaque engraved and given to them to use as a house decoration or show off as they see fit, because it would be an actual reward for their efforts. What do you gain by rewarding the participants? Interest - then the next tournament on Origin might actually have some good players other than Mere.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll give Mere credit outside of the RENT talent pool he is probably the best active mage on Origin.
Who are you again? You sound like you're quite a challenger. You weren't one of the noobie chars that showed up and talked a bunch of smoke were you? That would be a shame.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FWIW Mere should have been DQed from the "pure" mage contest since he was a Nox Mage, idk maybe the "pure" mage rules need to be better spelled out. I think that was a big reason of him winning was that others could not cure his poison every time.

E

Eyes of Origin

I suggested an alternative to the plaques and even said I would help with the engraving of weapons or armor with the PvP tourney title for the winners.. if you didnt make the same suggestions or something better to the EMs via their website, thats on you. Don't post here about the plaques not being enough, go make suggestions =/

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggested an alternative to the plaques and even said I would help with the engraving of weapons or armor with the PvP tourney title for the winners.. if you didnt make the same suggestions or something better to the EMs via their website, thats on you. Don't post here about the plaques not being enough, go make suggestions =/
K how about this.

You want to enter an EM tournament. Contestants give the EMs 1 mill to enter. That is 2 coon spawns of gold don't tell me it's not affordable. Winners get the pot. There's your reward. Decent players will then enter just so people don't fetch rewards they don't deserve. Problem solved.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
K how about this.

You want to enter an EM tournament. Contestants give the EMs 1 mill to enter. That is 2 coon spawns of gold don't tell me it's not affordable. Winners get the pot. There's your reward. Decent players will then enter just so people don't fetch rewards they don't deserve. Problem solved.
Nice idea. One thought, though. Just because we have Event Moderators this does NOT mean players can not or should not continue planning, sponsoring, and holding player-ran events. How about some folks getting together and putting this on?

M

Mere[PoT]

FWIW Mere should have been DQed from the "pure" mage contest since he was a Nox Mage, idk maybe the "pure" mage rules need to be better spelled out. I think that was a big reason of him winning was that others could not cure his poison every time.

Hi, not sure who you are, but you're obviously ["R"]etarded.

My pure mage had scribe during the tourney(proof is in the 5th picture from the bottom taken by Sara of Baja, but I don't expect you to be able to comprehend what you're looking at), and still has scribe today. If you think I have poisoning, i'd be more than happy to slap you around so you can see for yourself.

BTW, real pure mage duels don't even include scribe, nor wrestling(use lantern) for that matter. I even requested these skills to be banned along with poison before the tourney started, but the EM said there was no way for her to check templates beforehand, so scribe it was!

If your friends couldn't cure my lvl 2 poison(120mage + 20poison skill via jack-of-all-trades), then they need to 120 their magery, simple as that.