• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] On the streets of Britain: Samurai-Jack

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

<center>
</center>

I love to wander the streets of Britain and strike up conversations, in my travels today I ran into the one and only Samurai-Jack. It seemed he was his charming self speaking with another player. I couldn't help it, my curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask...

Aren't you the guy that join's guilds and pk's (player kills) their members?
"I kill people like you daily."

At this point I wondered why on all of Sosaria one would do such a thing and admit it so proudly as I explained that I would not be so proud of such a thing. He continued to explain how he did not need to be mature to play Ultima Online or need a reputation. Which may be true, "but why make a name for yourself this way?" was all I could think in regards to that. I had to assume he thought it would be funny to tell me this:

"I kill women and children first, always."

And what purpose does this serve?
"Gettin' money."

So it's based on greed then?
"No. More of fun. Well a bit of both."

So you get some perverse enjoyment out of taking advantage of people's trust?
"Oh my god, totally. I have my way with guilded noobs."

This pretty much summed this one up in a nutshell. Wrapping up he said this, "Have fun with your amazing Ultima Online career doing absolutely nothing. Like I care."

Well, that is obvious with your total lack of respect and courtesy. Have a good one.
"Adios."

Tien buen dia*.

There you have folks, Samurai-Jack. I think the Romans said it best for a person like this, Audio, video, disco .** Trying to keep the community informed, your Atlantic Shard Reporter, Ishtar.

*Have a good day.
**I hear, I see, I learn.

C

Cat Crimson

<blockquote><hr>

There you have folks, Samurai-Jack. I think the Romans said it best for a person like this, Audio, video, disco .** Trying to keep the community informed, your Atlantic Shard Reporter, Ishtar.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;*Have a good day.&lt;br&gt;**I hear, I see, I learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, quite possibly you may well have said "Commune hoc ignorantiae vitium est: quae nescias, nequicquam esse profiteri "

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"A common vice among ignorants is to reject the idea that there is anything to know"

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm..I always liked this one.
Can't remember where it is from though.

Only out of Honor
do you earn the right
to be known as Samurai.

B

bordegan

I killed samurai jack on my mage several times and then he wanted to duel me with no disarm, no protection which he obviously would bleed and ai me to death from bleed fizzles.... I think he was just a poor sport based on his language :&lt;

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's all in Latin though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I did take 2 years of Latin in High School so Im sure I'll just whip right through it...

Safe Travels, Sam

G

Jack is pretty nice if you get to know him... I mean I wouldn't trust with with my account info, but he's cool once you get to know him.

People should be smart and not recruit everyone on site, maybe get to know them, ask around.... Most people know who the big guild pk'ers are.

BBQ Lou gives them no sympathy.

G

thus is why most of the trammel guilds i know only recruit people either fresh to uo or untrained and keep an eye on them very close

A

Arynia

First of all.. if you are going to use Spanish, use correct spanish.. It's "Ten un buen dia" or "Tenga un buen dia"

Second of all.. Sam-Jack is a personal friend of mine, and I believe that your interview was very biased and skewed. He's a cool guy once you get to know him and its not fair to slander his name just because he plays the game for different reasons that you do. I'm a fellow murderous PK who kills people because ITS A VIDEO GAME. Its not like I'd PK someone IRL.

T

Tazar

I think we all know Samurai-Jack is a role-player (an evil one, but a role-player). Ishtar is also part of the RP community and if Samurai-Jack portrays an evil persona, then a reporter's story about them (with-in the game) would be about that evil persona. Ishtar is enough of an RP'er to write the story from the perspective of a news reporter with-in Sosaria writing about characters in Sosaria.

Jack may be a great guy outside of the game... but Ishtar was writing about the image that Jack has chosen to present to us with-in the game. I think she did a great job of it, and she did have Jack's permission/approval to do the story.

I

imported_Ishtar

Actually in print it's liable...and my spanish is a hodgepodge of castillian and others mixed from where I grew up and my inlaws, so pardon me if I'm used to the border style my family uses in Mexico. I did have his permission and even saved the screenies!

Sorry he's your bud, but in the RP community this is the type of behavior he exibitied and since he had no objections to the article, I felt it was a service to teh community to protect them by posting the article. Because I had his permission, it is not liable.