• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Most Tasteless House Contest!!!

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

<center>
</center>

Greetings Noble Lords and Ladies! After taking Ginseng for a morning ride, I came across one of the er, well least tastful house designs that I've seen. To highlight the need for better house design and decoration I am announcing a contest:

Most Tasteless House Design!
<center>
</center>
The rules are simple:

1. You can enter any house. Just realize that if you enter your own you will be admitting to having no taste.

2. Your screen cap should show the actual house sign if possible, or you should include the house name and owner name in your post.

3. You can make as many entries as you like but try and limit each entry to one picture. (Pick the worst floor of the house for your entry.)

4. Please abide by the forum guidelines for picture sizes... NO FULL SCREEN CAPS PLEASE. (Those are very, very irritating.)

5. VERY IMPORTANT: Please mark a rune to the house. In a later post I'll organize some way to collect these runes and create a "Most Tasteless Houses of Atlantic" runebook.

<center>
</center>

CONTEST DEADLINE MAY 20TH 2008 17:00est

Perhaps I'll organize a wine tasting tour of tasteless houses... hmm.... how tasteful is that! Woot!

Oh... I guess you want to know how you will be rewarded for your efforts? Perhaps a free membership in the Scribes Guild? Ok, ok... how about 1milGP Yup a cool mil for participating in a silly contest... BUT... read the fine print...

>>> if there are less than 16 entries... then no prize. <<<

Why? Cause it's my contest and I'm making the rules and if I'm giving away a cool million I wanna see some work for it that's why!!! Plus, that's how many runes it takes to fill a runebook, ok?

Here is the example from my morning ride that inspired the idea for the contest:

<center>
</center>

Sincerely,
Lord Raven of Minoc

Thank you Lord Raven for this one I can't wait to see the entries! Stay tuned and I'll announce the winner here on Stratics!

-Ishtar

G

I swear I didn't change my house at all for this contest, I am just that tasteless.

G

Does the house have to be Gamemaster acceptable? The contest is for the most tasteless house after all.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Does the house have to be Gamemaster acceptable? The contest is for the most tasteless house after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me there... not sure what "Gamemaster Acceptable" is... so how about this... The contest is on a Stratics Forum, so it has to follow all the guidelines for a Stratics Post. Were talking tasteless, not rude and offensive... does that clarify?

If Lady Ishtar feels that an entry falls outside Stratics Guidelines then she can delete the post and it will be removed from consideration in the contest. Fair enough?

Oh and dont forget to include the name of the house and house owner. Unless you submitted your own house and dont want folks to know where you live... I honestly didnt think of that. Is anyone that protective of their online identity?

Safe Travels, Sam

G

It was a joke. Obviously any house design that would be offensive enough for a GM to delete would not be allowed in this contest. At least I would think that.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm hoping for a little more interest... however if you and Tomas mark runes and take pics of 16 luna houses you'll get to split a mil.
You can enter as many times as you like my primary condition was 16 entries. Have at it!

Safe Travels, Sam

W

Wolfthistle

Hail All,

I sent my ninja to wander the countryside and find me some tasteless homes for this contest. My hopes are that if we can bring the number of entries to at least 16, perhaps more people will have the motivation to enter as there will be a guaranteed prize.

Thus far, my ninja has found 8 such entries:

<center> One: The Vindor House

Two: The Nautical Nightmare

Three: The Simplistic Approach

Four: Seen it and Don't Want It... The Crystal Clutter

Five: Hey Ma... I think we need a bigger table!!!

Six: The Mess

Seven: Let's Play Find the Ninja... Nevermind, the Rat is Hidden by the Clutter

Eight: *Honey, did you pay the carpenter yet?*
*Yes Dear, why?*
*Because he Didn't Finish the Floor!*
</center>

**Note**
If I've featured your house please remember two things:

1) You have no taste
2) Its all in good fun.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Rachel, you travel the lands marking runes for your books... surely you come across some tasteless house designs... hmmm? Or are you too nice a person to participate in this contest.

I still want to remind folks that in the end I will be recruiting some other folks to help with the judging. I'm glad the contest is getting some more interest... I guess Lord Raven better start wacking Ettin in Despise to raise that million!!!

Safe Travels, Sam

W

Wolfthistle

Hail All,

I have another entry to post!

<center>Welcome to Gingerbread Lane!</center>
<center>
</center>

I had a couple more, but after seeing the competition, I can see that I'm going to have to find some REAL tasteless houses!

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

W

Wolfthistle

Hail All,

I just wanted to post 4 more entries before I go away for the weekend. Also, just so you all know, that officially brings the number of entries to 16 - meaning there is now a guaranteed payout! So everyone submit your entries!

<center>
This house was ok, until I saw the haphazard aquariums... welcome to:
Aquarium Land

The Eternally Corrupt Tree Lot

Fishnet Nightclub - Complete with Neon Lighting!

Genesis... Dye Tub Madness!
</center>

W

Wolfthistle

<blockquote><hr>

Dont forget to mark runes to all these um, exotic houses!

Safe Travels, Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

*smiles*
Already done Sam!

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.