• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Moonglow Zoo Warming Party

G

<p align="center">
</p>

Moonglow Zoo Warming Party</p>

The dark red stripes on the horizon announced a lukewarm evening as I wandered along the way shortly before the seventh evening hour towards the Royal Britannia Zoo in Moonglow. During the past three weeks a very astonishing thing has happened - the Zoo has been revived up to the last cage with the silver steed! As the already told us, this was again a proof of the fact that the citizens of our homeworld were (or are) anything but inactive! For today's festivities a few of the well known participants invited the whole community to a party - and the Drachenfels people were coming in great numbers!</p> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo01.jpg>
<font size="1">Last preparations for the big party
Letzte Vorbereitungen f&uuml;r die grosse Feier
</font></td> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo02.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">Of creative people with creative ideas ;-)
Von kreative Leuten mit kreativen Ideen ;-)
</font></td> </tr> </table>

It did not take a long time until the first guests arrived at the zoo, happily greeting each other. In droves they were attending the big party, because no one who cared for the zoo would want to miss this event! At the main entrance big fragrant flowers and plants greeted the visitors. On the right side was a guestbook which was signed by lots of the people and if you entered the zoo grounds, there were a lot of tables and chairs and a lot of colourful decoration awaited the guests. Quiet helpers had turn the zoo into a ceremonial and festive area some hours ago - and it was a raving success. The visitors stumbled across the hallways with open mouths and gazed at the fascinating creatures in their cages - as well as the decoration itself, and the brilliant, dished up food and drinks... </p> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo03.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">The zoo was decorated beautifully to the last tile
Der Zoo war wundervoll bis auf den letzten Quadratmeter geschm&uuml;ckt
</font></td> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo04.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">The first guests arriving at the zoo
Die ersten G&auml;ste treffen ein

The spirit had already reached the peak after the first quarter of an hour as New Frarc, one of the very well-known and anxious supporters of the zoo, adressed the guests with a very touching speech: &laquo;Please come in and have a seat, drink and eat as much as you like! I just wanted to say something... &raquo;, he started and the people gather around him. &laquo;As you probably know I always wanted the zoo to be a bit more alive. What we did in the last two, three weeks was beyond any imagination. We filled this zoo in record time, with a lot of work from known and unknown tamers and warm hearted people who donated a lot of gold. I would like to thank everyone for this, also in the name of Jessica Goldfox. We might be small in numbers but we can achieve a lot. We've done this together - I humbly bow before Drachenfels, I am honored to live and be here!&raquo; The further words from New Frarc were going under in the loud cheering and clapping from the crowd, fireworks were unleashed which painted the nightly sky with thousands of different colours. Discussions about the zoo and about all the world and his wife were continued far into the night. The guests left the zoo at the end of the evening with a big smile on their face. And people genereally agreed that a celebration like this - for whatever cause - had to take place, soon, again, once more...</p>

*</p>

Die Moonglow Zoo Party</p>

Die dunkelroten Streifen am Horizont k&uuml;ndeten einen lauen Fr&uuml;hjahrsabend an, als ich kurz vor der siebten Abendstunde den Weg zum Royal Britannia Zoo in Moonglow unter die F&uuml;sse nahm. In den vergangenen drei Wochen war es der Bev&ouml;lkerung von Drachenfels tats&auml;chlich gelungen, den Zoo bis auf den letzten K&auml;fig wiederzubeleben! Wie die bereits erz&auml;hlte war dies ein erneuter Beweis, dass die Bewohner unserer Heimat alles andere als inaktiv waren und sind! Zur heutigen Feier hatten verschiedene bekannte Mitbeteiligte geladen - und die Drachenfelsianer sollten zahlreich erscheinen!</p> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo05.jpg>
<font size="1">New Frarc adresses the people with a very touching speech
New Frarc h&auml;lt eine sehr ber&uuml;hrende Rede
</font></td> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo06.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">To the great people of Drachenfels!
Auf die grossartigen B&uuml;rger und B&uuml;rgerinnen von Drachenfels!

Es dauerte nicht lange, bis sich am Eingang die Leute mit grossem Hallo begr&uuml;ssten. In Scharen waren sie heute Abend gekommen, diese grosse Feier wollte niemand, der sich um den Zoo sorgte, verpassen! Beim Haupteingang wurde man von grossen, fein duftenden Blumen und Pflanzen in Empfang genommen. Zur Rechten konnte man sich in ein G&auml;stebuch eintragen, und beim Betreten der Anlagen des Zoos wurde man mit farbenfroher Dekoration begr&uuml;sst. Heimliche Helfer hatten sich Stunden zuvor damit besch&auml;ftigt, der Feier einen sehr feierlichen und w&uuml;rdigen Rahmen zu verpassen - und es war ein voller Erfolg. Die Besucher stolperten mit offenen M&uuml;ndern durch die Anlagen und bestaunten die faszinierenden Kreaturen in den K&auml;figen, ebenso wie die Dekoration - und erst die grossartig aufgetragenen Speisen und Getr&auml;nke... </p> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo07.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">Happy partying in the hallways of the zoo
Fr&ouml;hliches Feiern in den Anlagen des Zoos
</font></td> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo08.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">Discussing and talking about the zoo
Angeregte Diskussionen &uuml;ber den Zoo

Die Stimmung war schon nach der ersten Viertelstunde auf dem H&ouml;hepunkt angelangt, als sich New Frarc, einer der flammenden Zoo-Bef&uuml;rworter mit einer kleinen Rede an die Anwesenden wandte: &laquo;Bitte kommt herein und setzt euch, trinkt und esst wozu ihr Lust habt. Und ich m&ouml;chte gerne noch kurz etwas sagen...&raquo;, begann er, und die Leute traten neugierig hinzu. &laquo;Wie ihr wahrscheinlich wisst, wollte ich den Zoo schon immer gerne etwas lebendiger haben, als es bisher war. In den letzten zwei, drei Wochen haben wir zusammen etwas erreicht, was &uuml;ber unsere Vorstellungskraft hinausgeht und absolut nicht vorauszuzusehen war. Wir haben die K&auml;fige hier in Rekordzeit wiederbeleben k&ouml;nnen, mit Hilfe von vielen bekannten aber auch unbekannten Z&auml;hmern und besorgten B&uuml;rger und B&uuml;rgerinnen die eine Menge Gold gespendet haben. Ich m&ouml;chte drum gerne - auch im Namen von Jessica Goldfox - allen Beteiligten von Herzen danken. Wir m&ouml;gen zwar nur wenige sein, aber wir k&ouml;nnen trotzdem viel erreichen. Wir haben dies alle zusammen geschafft - ich verbeuge mich dem&uuml;tig vor dieser Leistung, und ich bin stolz und f&uuml;hle mich geehrt, hier auf Drachenfels zu leben und zu sein!&raquo; Die weiteren Schlussworte gingen in den Jubelrufen der Besucher unter, Feuerwerk wurde gez&uuml;ndet und der bereits eingedunkelte Nachthimmel &uuml;ber dem Zoo wurde in vielfarbiges Licht getaucht. Die Diskussionen &uuml;ber den Zoo und Gott und die Welt wurden noch lange bis tief in die Nacht fortgesetzt. Die G&auml;ste verliessen den Zoo am Ende des Abends auf jeden Fall mit einem grossen Lachen im Gesicht und man war sich einig, dass so eine Feier bald einmal wieder - zu Ehren wem oder was gegen&uuml;ber auch immer - stattfinden sollte...</p> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo09.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">Discussing and talking about the zoo
Angeregte Diskussionen &uuml;ber den Zoo
</font></td> <td width="50%"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/drachenfels/080303_partymoonglowzoo10.jpg>
</a>
<font size="1">Secret attempts to tame the silver steed... ;-)
Heimliche Z&auml;hmversuche am Silver Steed... ;-)

Farewell, auf bald!
~ Medea
</p>

C

Cat Crimson

Lovely report Medea, thank you ! Great series of pics too !

I wonder how many fellow Dragons have hangovers today
I know Merrybe has had to have a little lie down all day to get over the shock of actually wearing a skirt and blouse instead of her normally well worn and slightly smelly leathers, as well as all the socializing and drink ! A huge thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the evening a success, all the people who made, tamed and gave things for the decorations and feasting, and everyone who came and had fun. It was a real heartwarmer as well as a Zoo warmer !

We can definitely do with more events like this and this proves that with a little imagination and effort, what can be achieved ! So, what were everyone's highlights of the evening ? I liked the red carpet ! ( kudo's to whoever thought to put that down ) Frarc's speech, meeting Medea and Legaycee, naked guy, all the streaming squirrels running around, also that poor guy who was getting victimised by the uni's and ki-rins for his negative karma ( as he put it, it wasn't his fault, he had a bad childhood... hehe ! )

I

imported_Legacyee

Wonderful report

It was a great evening
The place looked fantastic right from the red carpet to the back of the zoo, the whole place looked great.

It was nice to see so many people especially Frarc, Cat ,Medea and all the other players (there is always a naked guy at good partys, but is it always the same guy?) they made the party really special.

But one of the best things was seeing the zoo still full, how long can it last?

I still need a awful lot of points to get any piece of armor, so I shall still be doing my bit

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

But one of the best things was seeing the zoo still full, how long can it last?

[/ QUOTE ]

With our points, going to be a while before it drops to Tier 10 even without us doing anything.

I still got several pieces to get (2 more ) and then i think Jessica want to go for a 800K point title and maybe then The Britannia Royal Zoo Special Achievement Award . So thats a little more Unicorns to go!

I

imported_john of jhelom

Great report!
Nice pics!

Wish I could have been there!

pip-pip

C

Cat Crimson

Awww so do we ! It was really good fun. Hopefully you will be able to come the next time there is something like this