• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Mellow Yellow's Rune Library Closed for Remodeling

G

Mellow Yellow, famed Pacific proprietor of fantastic runes and runebooks, has sent word that his popular rune library is temporarily closed while undergoing an extensive remodeling. The prolific rune marker says this remodeling project, which involved an expansion on the plot size, is to make room for even more volumes of useful or interesting locations, adding to his already impressive collection. Unfortunately, due to this plot expansion, many of the runes to the library currently circulating became blocked. Don't worry, though! We have been informed of a vendor in Luna, located at the south side shop called UOWalmart, who has new, functional runes. We have also been assured that when the remodeling is complete, thousands of these runes will be dropped at every bank in Sosaria to ensure everyone has a chance to get one. Mellow Yellow sends his heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience, but promises the new and improved rune library will be well worth the wait.

Many people in the Pacific community rely on rune libraries such as this for everything from locating treasure map spots to exploring new lands or even for comprehensive guides and accompanying runes for completing quests. They are surely thankful for the work Mellow Yellow has done in maintaining his rune library and his many vendors scattered across the land and will undoubtedly be looking forward to updates and seeing the final results of the remodeling. If you've never had a chance to peruse a rune library and visit some new, far-off locations or perhaps you'd like to revisit some old ones, the reopening of Mellow Yellow's rune library will surely be a great opportunity to do so. Stay tuned for news of the grand reopening!

A

Arabella29

Yes I for one have missed this librian myself, I feel a blank spot on my table where his rune used to lay giving tribute for some places where I had journeyd to mark some of my own books that now sit in my own library. I too once had a magnificant library back in the Renaisance period on Great Lakes before other worlds pulled me away and I miss it very much. Coming back to an era where everything is so different it iss difficult to get back into the profession

Mellow Yellow's Library has aided me many times when I needed to find new areas that my guildies wanted to be able to teleport in and out of in a flash. My library is far from finished and I could never take the credit for it all on my own and have paid tribute for many of the great spots that Mellow Yellow's library has shown me and I will be very excited when once again I can place his rune on my table beside all the other notorious librarians I pay tribute to for the many thanks I have to these wonderful artists and librarians.

Now that I have grown up and am able to travel out on my own I no longer need the wisdom and assistance of these acclaimed artists, but I still keep these books as a reminder of what it was like to come back to Brittania and barely remember how life used to be. T

he countless times I died porting in and out to mark the areas they had in their books, the blood I spilled as I carefully marked each area. My guildies having to come rescue me when I got eaten alive by lich lords in the lich rooms. The long nights I stayed up carefully engraving runes and sorting them, making sure they were in their proper places. Writing books and making sure that each librarian got credit where credit was due so not to commit pergury.

My only hope is that when I finally reach the magnitude of these fine librarians that people will show me the same respect. I know there are some who will not, they have to live with themselves. But I will feel great honor for those who do.

Mellow Yellow, I honor you and cannot wait until your return. Your library is one to be revered and I stand in awe every time I enter it's walls. It is a true work of art.

~Arabella~
Mage/Tamer
House of Flying Daggers