• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] LSN Presents 'The Crimson Rumble' PvP Tournament

G

<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="50" width="590" border="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="527">
<p align="center"><font face="Times New Roman">Announcing<font size="3">
</font><font size="4">The Lost Souls of the Night</font><font size="3">
</font>First Ever PvP Tournament<span style="font-size: 10.0pt">
</span><span style="color: maroon; font-size: 24.0pt">'The Crimson Rumble'
</span>Friday, March 14, at 6pm shard time (Pacific)<font size="3">
</font>This tournament will be free to all who attend –
Come show off your skills and have some fun!!
</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Times New Roman"><font size="3">3rd place - Your choice of a Totem of the Void
<u>or</u> Primer on Arms
2nd place - Your choice of a Blessable Totem of the Void
<u>or</u> Blessable Primer on Arms</font>
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p> </span></font></p> <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">* (Second place prize is subject to availability, if you have a Blessable Primer on Arms that you would be willing to sell, please contact us.)</font></p> <p align="center"><span style="font-size: 24.0pt; color: maroon"><font face="Times New Roman">GRAND PRIZE - Crimson Cincture</font></span></p> <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">All characters will need to report to the LSN Arena house 30 minutes before the event for a review of rules. Gates will be available from Luna and Yew gate. (Automap coordinates: 131º 39'S x 43º 18'E, Felucca facet.)<o:p> </o:p> </font></p> <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">Please remember this contest is on the Felucca facet, and not everyone can be completely controlled. If you are coming, either to participate or as a spectator, please do not bring anything that you may not want to lose. We strongly suggest insuring any non-blessed items and clearing your backpack of any non-necessary items.

Contact one of the following with any questions:

Frost Keats - ICQ 354580529
Lariat - ICQ 266577302
Intoxication - ICQ 440612311</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Times New Roman">We look forward to seeing you all there!!!<o:p> <span style="font-size: 10.0pt"> </o:p> </span></font></p>

<span style="font-size: 18.0pt"><font face="Times New Roman">Event Rules:<o:p> </o:p> </font></span></p>
  1. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">Aside from the 2 combatants in the ring, there is to be no fighting in the house. If you wish to spar or &quot;warm up&quot;, you may do so outside.</font>
  2. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">With the exception of Protection, Magic Reflect, and Reactive Armor, pre-casting is not allowed. If you wish to use buffs such as Bless, or a necro or animal form, you must wait until the wall falls.</font>
  3. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">Looting your opponent will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the tournament.</font>
  4. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">The tournament is meant to be fun. We ask that you help it stay that way by not reporting murders unless asked to by your opponent. If you ignore this, and your reporting results in a blue turning red against their wishes, you will be disqualified and your opponent will automatically win the match.</font>
  5. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">There are to be no mounts or other pets on the arena level of the house. There is plenty of room on the lower floor for pets. If you or one of your pets is caught attacking someone else's pet, you will be removed from the house and disqualified from the tournament if applicable.</font>
  6. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">Mild trash talking is to be expected, but if we feel it's getting out of hand we will give you one and only one warning. Ignore that warning and you forfeit your place in the tournament.</font>
  7. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">This is a one-on-one tournament. No pets, summons, or other followers will be allowed. This includes Necro Familiars and Mirror Images.</font>
  8. <p align="left"><font face="Times New Roman">Any form of cheating or exploits is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification, as well as banning from this and any future LSN PvP tournaments or events.

These rules are just basic guidelines. We reserve the right to disqualify or eject anyone from the arena for any form of nuisance, at our discretion.</font>
</tr> </tbody> </table>

A

Anthony G.

You're not going to have the tournament in that lag pit of a custom house in that picture are you...?

I

imported_Intoxication

I myself get much much more lag at yew gate or in t2a then i do in that house. not sure where else it would be able to be held so that we could control any players that get out of line. we need to be able to have contestants in a ring where no outsiders can interfere with the two fighting and we also need the ability to band those that do not wish to play fair or follow rules. as far as i can tell this is the only way to hold something like this and make it fair for everyone that comes out.
i am sorry if the house gives you lag.

I

imported_Lariat

After some discussion and debate, we have ruled that potions will not be allowed in the tournament. They are an item, not a skill, and we're looking for skill here. Good luck!

G

Ok I need to fill in the Rule that Lariat spoke of. As he said we would like to see skill over items used in this tourny therefore not only Pots, but any item in your bag that isn't to do with your skill will be banned. This includes, but is not limited to, darts, potions, apples, and pettals. Your bag will be snooped prior to each fight by the referee and any banned items found will have to be handed over to the referee. Reagents, Band-aids, spare weapons, spellbooks, and runebooks will be the only items allowed in your bag. Again this is to make this a tournament about your skill set and not the items you can carry. If you have any concerns please voice them to one of the players listed in the original post.

Thank you
Frost Keats

I

imported_SuperKen

What about Deadly Poison pots for dexxers that need to reapply frequently?

I

imported_IgotWood

just curious about trapped boxes? not on list i know but thought i would ask anwyasy

G

To super Ken, DP pots are ok. To the other post, no Trap boxes are not ok. If you plan to participate we will be explaining rules, and I'm sure answering question at the pre-event meeting 30 mins before the actual event. Thank you all for the questions and please keep them coming.

Frost Keats

I

imported_SuperKen

Do we have to wear pants?

(You don't have to actually answer this one.)

G

And you should only allow Lesser poisons, or let the mages use Cure potions.
Otherwise we'll be at a disadvantage big time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

To disallow Deadly Poison would limit the abilities of those that have taken the time to work up the poisoning skill to be able to use the higher level poisons. If we only allow Lesser Poison on weapons, this would give the advantage to the nox mage who can still use Deadly Poison; we have no way to limit that.

B

Biske

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

To disallow Deadly Poison would limit the abilities of those that have taken the time to work up the poisoning skill to be able to use the higher level poisons. If we only allow Lesser Poison on weapons, this would give the advantage to the nox mage who can still use Deadly Poison; we have no way to limit that.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to put a mage in a 7x7 box with a disarm lethal ai dexer...... well lets just say that definetly favors some templates over others.

I

imported_Intoxication

im am sorry for the size of the ring, we will be doing a mage only tourney some time with some good prizes i am sure.

G

and a nox mage can always just stone their skill for this tournament.

G

again, this tournament is meant to be able to show off people's templates and skill behind the keyboard. Some of the rules have also been placed to discourage the use of illegal third party programs (such as pot chugging srcipts). As far as mages being too hindered without being able to carry cure pots, it only makes it so you have to time your cure cast right and waste a cast just like a dexxer would have to waste a band-aid when poisoned, honestly I play mages constantly and I have never been not able to cast an arch cure, if I timed it right. We have attempted to make the playing field as even as possible, and have changed some rules as other players have brought concerns of one sort or another. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Frost Keats

G

What in the hell is a pot chugging script?
UOA Macro that lets you press one button?

G

I am just of the opinion that adding potions would make it fair for everyone. Otherwise I guarantee a win by a DP dexxer.
Or you could say no preapplied poisons or potions and make them make the poison and apply it themselves in the ring, because they didn't spend the 100 skill points to buy that DP potion. Thus, they aren't using their "skill set". So a DP dexxer bringing in a potion isn't them showing off their "skill" it's them using another chars skill, which is the same as anyone else bringing potions....

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah I dont even play anymore but eesh. I see where this is going. Why dont everybody just fight naked no weps, no spells, nothing, nada. I mean someone is going to say this or that template will have an advantage. So just make it even playing field and everyone just have wrestling on their template fighting naked.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

What in the hell is a pot chugging script?
UOA Macro that lets you press one button?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, a pot chugging script is the use of an illegal 3rd party application to automatically chug a potion when you become poisoned, low on HP, etc. The script does all the work and requires the user to do nothing.

<blockquote><hr>

...because they didn't spend the 100 skill points to buy that DP potion. Thus, they aren't using their "skill set".

[/ QUOTE ]
If I understand you correctly, you're pointing out that the DP Dexxer didn't make the potion so they shouldn't be able to use it. by that token, no mage without inscription should be able to use a spellbook, no character without tailoring, blacksmith, or carpentry should be able to wear armor, no ninja without blacksmith, alchemy, and poisoning should be able to use shruikens, no archer without fletching should be able to use a bow, etc. They invest skill points in the pooisoning skill to be able to inflict high level poison, so they ARE showing off their skill set.

I

imported_Intoxication

lol it is impossible to make everyone happy. i think we are doing this as fair as we can.

I

imported_SuperKen

That's probably the best way to put it.

If y'all don't like it, just be spectators. I think it's pretty obvious what the intent of this tournament is, so just keep it cool and enjoy it for what it is.

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

That's probably the best way to put it.

If y'all don't like it, just be spectators. I think it's pretty obvious what the intent of this tournament is, so just keep it cool and enjoy it for what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

*town crier reads opened scroll*
Yee all spectators if not wishing to participate in the tournament shall sit back, be cool and watch the event. If any attending wish to participate in the tournament, so be it. They shall all have fun at the event as deemed by the one who has observed it as being cool and enjoyable.

The SuperKen has spoken!

(Before anyone flips out, he knows I am joking with him)

I

imported_Intoxication

just a reminder this is tonight.
hope to see you all there

I

imported_Intoxication

just wanted to thank everyone that came out for the event.
great job everyone.
there were a lot of good fights.
congrats to taslin, biske, and shanna for taking the top spots.