• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] LS Rares Festival Report

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LS Rares Festival Report

While the last remnants of visitors traveling from other shards have gone along with many goods bought and sold to be sure, there is much to reflect on with the rares festivals hosted by citizens of Lake Superior the first weekend of June.

DVI was the main sponsor of the events, playing host to many collectors anxious to gather in one place. I managed to stop by at various times over the weekend and always found a person or two browsing the vendors set up for this occasion outside the west gates of Luna.

I managed to purchase an item or two with my meager earnings though the wyrms heart was a tad out of my budget.

Sometime during the early days of the festival word spread that DVI had a thief enter his home in Luna. By DVI’s own words it was an easy target with an unsecured chest. He made a public message asking for his items to be returned no questions asked in hopes of making contact with this person.

Soon after a letter made of newspaper and magazine clippings in response was seen:
He admitted with grace his stand on being a rouge and scoundrel always on the look out for the unaware. He paid compliment to DVI as a good passionate player but also one who did not take the care needed to secure his belongings. An offer was made or perhaps it was a dare? Words were exchanged and for a ransom DVI had his belongings returned to him.

Many may see this man, who signed his name in red crayon as Clyde, as someone with no honor but to be sure some honor to the original feel of this world was paid homage too. We become carefree sometimes in our security and a reminder as this is not always a bad thing. Of course this can be said now that DVI was able to reclaim his items albeit for a price. All is well that ends well.

One of the final events set up for everyone’s enjoyment was the Scavenger Hunt hosted by Lady Magdalene of YGV. Upon arriving we each received a book of clues with which to gather the items needed. We also needed to talk to various helpers who asked further questions in order to get to the next item. It was a very well thought out process that challenged each player.

I asked player Chak if I could accompany him on his quest for items and document his journey. He did very well at each check point and while working together my hope was he would finish in time to receive a reward.

We first were asked to find a nice green healthy tea which brought us to Zento. From there we were off to Yew Winery for a shroud and then off to find a few friends with clues and riddles. Each player had a different question to answer in order to get a book to their next clue. I won’t give away the questions just in case they are needed for future events but a few pictures never hurt anyone!

The winners were:
1st Meliadoul Tingel Rubble Bench
2nd Demonous Soulstone token
3rd Chak Advance Char Token
4th Scarlet Luna White dye
5th Blissmarie Proxymous Dragon
Everyone else after the 5th got a 250k check for finishing the hunt!

I wish to extend a hearty thank you and a welcome matt at the LS moongate for all who wish to return to our shard. It was great meeting players and learning more about the rare items of each shard. Thank you DVI for putting this together and to all who made it a festive event….including Clyde *grins*

D

DVI

Thank you for attending and for the kind words Airmid!

Due to the excellent turn out it is a certainty that we will be holding the rares festival on LS sometime again in the future, but our next shard on the list is to be Europa, but all are welcome regardless of home shard.

D

DVI

On a side note both of the houses from the festival and the council are available for sale if anyone is interested or is looking for a home.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rares festival was a lot of fun! Thank you DVI for hosting!

Although I missed the scavenger hunt, this picture makes me think of one thing (apologies to Monty Python):

Questioner: "How many feathers does an eagle produce?"

Participant: "What do you mean?" "A trammel eagle or a felucca eagle?"

Questioner: "I don't know that!"

Airmid: "How do you know so much about eagles?"

Participant: "Hmm, well, you have to know these things when you're a rares collector, you know."

M

Mythic

On a side note both of the houses from the festival and the council are available for sale if anyone is interested or is looking for a home.
what are you expecting to get for them?

F

Flaton

Questioner: "How many feathers does an eagle produce?"

Participant: "What do you mean?" "A trammel eagle or a felucca eagle?"

Questioner: "I don't know that!"

Airmid: "How do you know so much about eagles?"

Participant: "Hmm, well, you have to know these things when you're a rares collector, you know."
Lol now thats just funny