• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Love and Misconception: The Tale of the Depressed Juggernaut

S

Stupid Miner

Love and Misconception - Pacific

The Tale of the Depressed Juggernaut

As Narrated by Omo Trovi, and reported by Stupid Miner

This is the tale of a Depressed Juggernaut. Before he was a Depressed Juggernaut, before he was a Blackthorn Juggernaut, he was a man. *Gasps.* You heard me right. A man. Just like me. Like you. *Points at the crowd.* He was a happy farmer; had a lovely wife. Then the war came. Lines of battle were drawn. Forced to go to battle in a distant far-off land for reasons yet unknown. Betrayed by overwhelming forces and mortally wounded. He took an offer that could give him life again. Little did he realize he would no longer be human. Turned into a remorseless, unfeeling killing machine. No longer thinking like a human. Day in and day out “Kill humans.” Well, perhaps occasionally, “Kill elves.”
Then one day… one of these adventurers heavily equipped and a bit overzealous went on a rampage throughout the area the Juggernaut was stationed at. The brightly-colored adventurer stood there facing the Juggernaut. The Juggernaut thought “Kill human.” The adventurer thought “Easy kill, free loot!”
The battle, to some, was epic, full of things like ‘With a scream the adventurer charged the Juggernaut whirling his Maul of Doom. The Juggernaut lumbered at him with death in its eyes. The clash and bang was horrendous. Blood flying everywhere. Dust rose, obscuring things. Finally it was over, the Juggernaut was lying on the floor, defeated.’ To others was, ‘What happened? He took a swing at the Juggernaut head and it went down?’ *laughs.* It all depends on who you talk to, really. Regardless… after all this the Juggernaut was not dead. No, in fact, something has changed with him. But what? That is a tale for you to discover yourself. However, if you should decide to go find the answer, know this: he was last seen lumbering north away from the Ilshennar Blackthorn Castle. - Omo Trovi

At this everyone dashed off to Ilshennar to the shrine north of Blackthorns Castle where we found the Depressed Juggernaut. He indicated that he remembered his life before becoming a Juggernaut and wanted to become a human again and that there was a certain Gargoyle blacksmith in Ver Lor Reg that could help.

The Gargoyle blacksmith sent us to Exodus Dungeon to get him a piece he needed from a Red Exodus Overlord. We ran to Exodus, and after obtaining a nice little collection of death robes received the Muon Capacitor from the Overlord. We returned to the Gargoyle with the required part, and this is, I must admit, where this reporter fell behind the rest of the group. From what I gather the Gargoyle sent us to a Healer in Umbra. From there we had to go to the Crystal of Light dungeon, and since my funds were low (We news reporters get a pittance for a salary), I can only guess what happened in there. I’m pretty sure the others found a healer in there and were sent to an associate in Britain who returned Depressed Juggernaut to human form.

Turns out his name is Jonas. He sent us to tell his wife at their cottage south of the Britain Blacksmith’s Guild.

Heather thanked us and we took off as fast as we could toward the castle.

The first five of us to get to the castle and give the password got prizes, but 10 more prizes were given out to various people for a variety of reasons such as: putting up a heroic effort despite great adversity; merely asking for a reward; and answering trivia questions. All in all, despite the few hiccups this reporter had along the journey, the event was expertly executed. It was all around good fun for most of us. I’d like to congratulate EMs of Pacific for a great first event!

Five Main Winners:
Chelsie, Silk, Pfloyd, Ghost, Pierre.