• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Looking For a Few Good Pens...

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess ill throw my hat into the ring.

Few questions tho.

Currently I am not able to use my email address, would it be ok if i sent you the info in a PM?

and why do you want our RL names?(just curiuos)

V

Vladimir Taltos

A PM is fine, or even a free email ie Hotmail or such as a suggestion... I use an email addy at uomail.com .... its free..

As for the RL name... Its a part of the form, the form was handed down by those from up on high, and its required... Anything else?

V

Vladimir Taltos

UO Stratics is currently looking for active, talented citizens of Sonoma to add to our crack team of top-notch Ultima Online reporters. As a volunteer you are required to:

- Be a competent writer
- Be an active, knowledgeable member of the Sonoma community
- Be willing to attend events and quests, interview VIPs and citizens alike, report news of interest to the community
- Be able to dedicate a minimum of six hours per week to writing and/or posting news items
- Have a familiarity with basic HTML
- Be pro-active
- Willing to work for free

Does the above describe you? Then what are you waiting for??? Apply... right now... do not hesitate!

Simply fill out this brief questionnaire and fire off an e-mail to <a target="_blank" href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]</a> with "Sonoma Application" as the subject.

1. Real name
2. Contact email address
3. ICQ number (if applicable)
4. Character name (this must be the name of the character you will be using as your potential shard reporter; no red or thief types please)
5. Rate your HTML knowledge from 1-10, where 1 is poor and 10 is phenomenal
6. Answer this: Why do you wish to be a shard reporter for UOSS?
7. Include a brief writing sample, no more than 500 words (pictures are not welcomed and no attachments)
8. Any questions???

Vladimir Taltos
Sonoma News Manager
<a target="_blank" href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]

D

Dor of Sonoma

I am going to sticky this request for applications for a few days...so that all y'all who've been claiming a burning desire to join the Sonoma News Team cannot claim that no one ever asked you. *grins*

He's asking YOU! So quit yer muttering and come on down. You know you want to...

*taps foot meaningfully*

L

Lady Vixen

Lets not forget, they must have a clean posting record at stratics. This a must, or they will fail the back ground check. Stratics has a Long memony regarding this, so if you ever been PUT on notice about a post, they will remember.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, my current computer(that i put together from spare parts from both old and the system that just broke) is having difficulty figuring out what a email is exactly.

Its not exactly my post prized posseion right now, the thing has broken down from unstable components about 20 times now. Im hopeing and praying my new computer arrives tomorow.

If it does ill be able to beat this jerry riged POS that im on right now to death with a sledge hammer. I cant wait.

For the computer, not bashing this one to peices.

Oh vixen! Why did you have to say that.*wonders how many marks he has then remembers he was a bit of a monster in his earlier days*

B

Bane of Sonoma

I would hope that they would look at the whole picture. Why would I read a reporter who wont write honestly about an event or occurance if it sucked?

S

SpyderOfSonoma

I'm sure you won't mind me adding this, Vlad..

If you are apprehensive about being dropped into the position as a reporter, don't worry. There is an entire staff of reporters spanning across all the shards that are available for questions. And, as Poppy and Nest did for me, I will be available to assist any new reporters ease into their new position! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Geuel

<blockquote><hr>

4. Character name (this must be the name of the character you will be using as your potential shard reporter; no red or thief types please)

<hr></blockquote>So, I can understand the "red" thing...you know, because the reporter wouldn't be able to attend Trammel Events, but why the no "thief types?"

As a thief, I'm offended. Unless there is some reason a "thief type" wouldn't be able to function as a reporter, please let me know to whom I would need to gripe.

S

SpyderOfSonoma

I think this was meant as a generalized term to blanket cover the behaivor not the profession.. eg. wouldn't be a very popular reporter if they were stealing out of people's backpacks during an event or an int

V

Vladimir Taltos

Good question Geuel... I personally have nothing against reds or thieves and understand them to be a part of the UO experience... Trust me, Ive experienced both a death and a swipe on many, many occassions...

Heres why, Geuel...

• Portray yourself in a kind and courteous manner to the citizens of your shard. You are a representative of UO Stratics, and we expect the highest quality of representation on your shard
• Have the ability to create a character that will represent UO Stratics or have one of your characters represent UO Stratics

With that being said, a thief or murderer type character may run into possible situations where he/she may have stolen from/killed another player, which would/could turn into a completely awkward situation...

The reason for no murderers/thieves is to avoid any possible future conflicts which could possibly spill out onto the public forums and get completely ugly for those involved... And I dont want to make Dor's job harder than it already is... So, in a sense, its damage control before the damage can be inflicted...

Clear as mud, sir?

S

SpyderOfSonoma

Dupe post deleted.. forums went down while posting..sorry for the deja vu! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

L

LadyHell'sAngel

Sending my application out shortly /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Geuel

<blockquote><hr>

The reason for no murderers/thieves is to avoid any possible future conflicts which could possibly spill out onto the public forums and get completely ugly for those involved... And I dont want to make Dor's job harder than it already is... So, in a sense, its damage control before the damage can be inflicted...

Clear as mud, sir?

<hr></blockquote>Aye, it's fair enough.

However, on a side note. If Lady Hell's Angel gets the spot, I (and I'm sure many others) would be greatful if you made her agree to some sort of UO Armor Makeover.

,)

V

Vladimir Taltos

So uhm... Geuel... Does this mean youre not going to throw your hat into the ring here? Hmm? *smirks*

L

Lady Vixen

I would love to toss my in, but I already know that I can never be one, those that do submit I wish you the best of luck and hope to read your "news". Till then be safe and have fun.

S

SpyderOfSonoma

I don't see why not Theresa... I think anyone that's interested should submit an application! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

J

JustinMartyr

It's probably the time committment of 6 hours a week. It may not sound like alot, but when you have kids and wife it seems very difficult. If people are like me, they don't like to make a committment they know in advance they may have trouble fulfilling.

L

LadyHell'sAngel

What? A makeover? Never! I always look good /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif *scurries off to get a screenshot*

A

AzRek MNar

It's not that hard for me at the moment, as I am gainfully unemployed. I have child support payments, and lawyers fees to pay as I am seeking custody. I usually play 10 hours a week, however, and whould be happy to dedicate 6 of those to UOSS /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

Az

G

Vixen, I'd rather see someone like you, someone who likes to see both sides of everything...be a reporter, then say...someone who is always rosey and cheery and just so fakely happy. Be more like REAL LIFE!

I also feel that not allowing reds to be journalists is biased and extremely unfair. Perhaps we would have MORE stories about Fel events/happenings if he (hunter) was permitted. He has a blue hunter as well but...I like his red better :p

S

SpyderOfSonoma

<blockquote><hr>

if he (hunter) was permitted. He has a blue hunter as well but...I like his red better :p

<hr></blockquote>

I try my best to annoy both is blue and red char's any opportunity I get! *laugh* Aye, I've read some of Hunter's other stuff and he's certainly talented. I have no problem covering Red/Fel events, but it would add quite an interesting twist to a story from an actual Red's perspective!

Now, perhaps if he'd could manage to quit breaking his computers he'd have a chance to actually apply!!! :p

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Now, perhaps if he'd could manage to quit breaking his computers he'd have a chance to actually apply!!! :p

<hr></blockquote>

When I do return(HOPEFULLY TOMOROW*TUESDAY*,But I doubt it ) I will send off my application

I do think reds should be allowed, especialy when they have retired. What kind of fight is a bard gonna give anyways. I dont really have THAT many enemies!

One step at a time right now.

I need a stable working computer =D

Cya all soon!(I hope)

*curses and walks off sulking*

V

Vladimir Taltos

Hey Folks... just letting you know that I havent forgotten about you and will be contacting those of you, (currently only four) who have submitted their applications to me, starting this Friday...

Still looking for more, people... come on, heres your chance... Bane, I know yours is on the way...

Vladimir Taltos

S

SpyderOfSonoma

Only four?? Common.. there is SO much literary talent on this forum... please give us a hand! We want to cover each and every event possible!

A

AzRek MNar

Wait... talent? ROFL j/k

I know there is a ton of talent present in these forums, and I am rather disappointed. Despite my own opinions that I may have at some time, I still applied for the position. I'm surprised Gorbon hasn't tossed his hat in! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

Az'Rek M'Nar

C

CambricOfSonoma

I'ZZZ No Speacths Eglishes

Lts lon Rites itzzz

Side note my grammer and paragraphing sucks big time. on top of that I don't know HTML at all lol

G

*Stops typing resume and creases brow*

Talent? Ah, yes yes yes. Talent... well, let's see here.

*pats pockets*
nope
*Checks desk drawers*
dammit
*tears apart the hamper, mumbling something about napalm and silly-putty*
Well....

*delete-delete-delete*

Can't say I didn't try.
Got anything open in like the janitorial department?

V

Vladimir Taltos

If I gave ye anything on the janitorial staff then Anev would be out of a job... heck, tell ye what... Ill let ye boss him around anyway...

G

LoL. How's the pay? and do I get holidays off? Like Augustus Busch's birthday, and such?

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

Haha man, let me do this. Please? Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you send something in?

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

LoL. How's the pay? and do I get holidays off? Like Augustus Busch's birthday, and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

You work for peanuts, (the ones they refuse to feed to the Zoo Monkeys) and you get no Holidays off period.

I

imported_Salty Pete

The only problem with being the shard reporter is that you can't be the news yourself...

Just out of curiousity... Did they ever get another reporter? Or is Kimi running solo these days?

L

LadyHell'sAngel

Yea I'd love to help I really do, but I'm not playing much these days.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kimi runs solo i belive, most of the others just use their title for no good when they return to play for a couple of weeks, then they just leave again to not be heard from for a long time.