• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] LA Now Has a Newspaper!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<center><font size="+1">Announcing the Birth of "The LA News"</font size></center></p>

A newspaper has been launched on the LA shard in conjunction with my work as the LA News Manager for UO Stratics. Currently, it is named "The LA News."</p>

What better way to get out more information and event news than to distribute a newspaper in-game?!? Zigzag and Terrence of Catskills introduced me to the idea a couple of weeks ago and it is so obvious that I can't believe I didn't think of it before!</p> </p>The newspaper will be "delivered" in book form each weekend to the "normal" places, banks, moongates, etc., and will contain a couple of short articles and an upcoming events calendar for the week. Copies of all newspapers will be available for reading in the O*T New Player Center library, located on the 2nd floor of the house.</p>

Featured stories this week are the results of the Christmas Housing Decor contest, and a contest to give a better name to this new newspaper. Entries to name the newspaper must be received by Saturday, January 7th, at the O*T New Player Center. You will find a secured box on the eastern front steps for the entries.</p>

If you have an event to plug or information to share and want to add it to the weekly newspaper contact El of LA in-game, by PM, by email <a target="_blank" href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]</a>, or by ICQ at #324 324 902. I'm easy to reach! If you would like to assist in the production and distribution of this weekly paper, I'd love to hear from you as well!</p>