• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Kingdom of Dawn Announces Open House

G

<body> <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="50" width="590" border="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="527"> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">Upon finally contacting Grand Duchess WildStar from the player-run Kingdom of Dawn, we received an apology for the lack of information given out.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>She stated that they had wanted to keep a low profile about their project and gave us the following press release.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font size=2><font color=#000000>Kingdom of Dawn Open House<o:p></o:p></font></font></span></p> <h2 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Arial" size="2" color="#000000">Saturday, March 1, 2008</font></h2> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font size="2"><font color=#000000>6:00 PM PST (9 EST, 8 CST &amp; 7 MST) until 9:00 PM PST<o:p></o:p></font></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">The Kingdom of Dawn is pleased to announce that we are holding an open house with 2 tours – one starting at 6:45 and the other starting at 8 - and food on Saturday, March 1st from 6:00 PM PST (9 EST, 8 CST &amp; 7 MST) until 9:00 PM PST.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>We have updated several buildings in the Kingdom, totally redone several more and placed a Book Library with in-game and player-written books to include such former Baja Citizens as Na-Krul from Dark Tower and Dane Alexander from tDw.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Books and runes to the Kingdom will be disturbed the week before the event and someone will be gating from Luna Bank to the Kingdom starting at 5:45 PM PST.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">Everyone is welcome and able to attend and any troublemakers – blue or red – will be removed and/or banned from the building. <o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><u><font color="#000000">Important Personal Security Information:</font> </u></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">The Kingdom of Dawn is located on the Felucca Facet, andcan not be responsible for any lost items or other negative actions that may occur while you or your pet are in the Kingdom.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>We will do our best to keep our guests secure, but we are a small guild, and only a few of us will be on hand to host the event, give the tours and provide security.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">The monsters and NPC’s that occasionally find their way into the Kingdom include brigand camps, air and water elementals, dire wolves, ogres, ettins, trolls, corpsers, reapers and gargoyles.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">We personally recommend the following actions be taken if you are concerned about losing items, pets or dying while in the Kingdom:<o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in"><font color="#000000"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">1.<span style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> </span></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Only carry items on you that you can afford to lose or insure items that you are concerned about.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: 2.25pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in"><font color="#000000"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">2.<span style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> </span></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Create a one keystroke macro that will enable you to recall to a safe spot in the event of trouble.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Using the 2D client, the macro would look like this:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>open backpack, use spell recall.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>You will need to set a default location in your runebook for a quick get-away.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in"><font color="#000000"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">3.<span style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> </span></span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">We do not have a secure location to stable live pets, so use a NPC Stablemaster and use an ethereal mount instead. <o:p></o:p></span></font></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">We can be reached via Grand Duchess WildStar at ICQ # 8040775, if you want to help out with our event or have any comments or questions.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>She asks that you state Dawn Open House when contacting her.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span><o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font color="#000000">Signed<o:p></o:p></font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><font size=2><font color="#000000">The Royal Council<o:p></o:p></font></font></span></p> <h1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Arial" size="2" color=#000000>Kingdom of Dawn</font></h1></td> </tr> </tbody> </table></body>

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All!

It's been A LONG time since I've heard from the folk from the Kingdom of Dawn, and I'm glad that all is well and good! Here's to good times, and remember folks, "Friends don't let other friends ride their ethereal mounts whilst under the influence!"

I

imported_WildStar

Polite Bump

Also runes to the Dawn Tower are locked down at Sara of Baja's House north of Luna, Luna Outskirt Mall which is west of Sara's House and at the Kingdom of Dawn Ocllo Embassy which is directly east of the bank in Ocllo just outside the protection of the town guards.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

G

These two maps reflect some of the changes The Kingdom of Dawn has undergone over the years:

Kingdom of Dawn 2008

Kingdom of Dawn 2001

R

ROCk2

Sounds to me like an invitation to a bloodbath.
Hey ROCk go through the gate to Open house in Fell. Ok *Walks through gate* ooOOOooOoOOoo.

CAN U SMELLLLOOOWW WHAT THE ROCk IS COOKING!!!

C

Chango Pelon

Heh, I used to own a house behind the north gate keep and there was plenty of bloodshed on that side of the mountains. This is good to see the community doing something over there again.

I

imported_WildStar

Yes there is a risk that some players will find out about this Open House and try to disturb the event.

Is there anything Dawn can do about that? - No, we are located on Felucca and anybody - Blue or Red - can come to the event. All we can do is ban them from buildings.

Does that mean you shouldn't come? - That depends on you. We have offered tips to prevent item loss and pet death and on how to get away quickly.

However, if you don't come, you are missing out on a chance to visit a place with alot of Baja history. We have a museum with some very rare and very old items. The Dawn Tower has a Town Crier and we used to have a Stable Master.

A guild has offered their services to help protect the tours from the spawn in the area during the tours. Some of the members they bring might be red, but they will NOT attack you. So if you see players that are red in the arriving gate area, please DO NOT panic.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

I

imported_Lariat

I think it was pretty ****ty of MIKE to come onto our shard and try to ruin the night like they did. Thanks to the $C$ and DEA that were able to set aside our differences and fight along side each other to quickly quell the ruckus. MIKE, this is our shard. Go home.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well despite the happenings, it was a big success. The tour did eventually go on and was lovely. Wildstar did a fantastic job. And thank you ever so much for all the guilds that came to our rescue. It was an awesome scene for sure!!

Pics and story to follow in the morning.

I

imported_WildStar

I would like to loudly and publicly thank LSN, DEA, K*R &amp; $C$ for their help with tonight's event. The trouble delayed the tour but that was all.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

*edited to add K*R which I missed earlier.

G

I have so much respect for the guilds that showed up to make sure the tour went forward. I was excited to come through the gate and recognize players who were in these guilds as I've missed seeing their hides around the game. Being the chatty person I am, I was constantly being left behind in the tour but I had a blast. I thoroughly enjoyed the town and plan to visit again; even if I don't have those guardian angels with me. Thank you to everyone for making it such a fun night. It warmed this Mama's heart. *HUGE HUGS*

S

stonecypher

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think it was pretty ****ty of MIKE to come onto our shard and try to ruin the night like they did. Thanks to the $C$ and DEA that were able to set aside our differences and fight along side each other to quickly quell the ruckus. MIKE, this is our shard. Go home.

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually it's EA's shard..... But thanks for thinking we own it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Was quite sporting with Uber Dragon's, Hiryu's and Rune Beetles against peeps sitting and listening to a speech eh?

I

imported_WildStar

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Was quite sporting with Uber Dragon's, Hiryu's and Rune Beetles against peeps sitting and listening to a speech eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The animals in the picture belong to the people who helped with security.

S

stonecypher

My char was attacked by a super dragon. Apprehension. Haven't looked at the photos yet.

The point was is that without those pets, the attackers were nothin'. But MT went there fully aware that this would happen. :p

I

imported_WildStar

Ah...I see.

You won't see pictures of "that dragon" here. Groups like the one that caused the trouble want attention so no pictures will be published of the distrubance.

WildStar