• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Job Adjustments and Additions Part II

Y

YoungUn

News from Final Fantasy XI.
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Part II of our job adjustments and additions preview invites to center stage beastmasters and summoners, Vana'diel's wielders of animalistic and avatarial might!

Summoner

A new ability will be added for summoners, and with it, a brand new way for these masters of forbidden magic to lend their powers to party battles.

Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)
Channels the avatar's power towards a beneficial status effect for party members within range. Reduces perpetuation cost while active.

By summoning an avatar while this ability is active, a corresponding beneficial effect from above table will be granted to all party members within range of the avatar. The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.
While multiple favors of the same variety will not be stackable, a single party can benefit from as many types as there are summoners. Furthermore, enhancements received through this ability can be used in conjunction with those received via magic spells, songs, the Phantom Roll ability, and so forth.

Beastmaster

Adjustments and additions have been scheduled that will greatly enhance the effectiveness of pets called forth via the "Call Beast" ability.

- New Pet Command: "Ready"
When in control of a pet called forth via the "Call Beast" ability, the pet command "Sic" will be replaced with "Ready." By fulfilling the following conditions, "Ready" will allow you to select a specific ability for the pet to use from its arsenal.
* The pet's TP is at 100% or more.
* Sufficient charges have accumulated for the ability you wish to use.

- Charges
Regardless of the beastmaster's level, one charge will accumulate for every two minutes after a pet has been called, up to a maximum of three. The amount of charges required will vary depending on ability.

Example: Funguar Familiar

We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.

B

Banhammer

I have to say, I really like the look of those Summoner improvements. -Perpetuation is always welcome, but the party buffs could help make the job a viable alternative to BRD in endgame content or merit parties.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, and at 55 it could be easier to actually LEVEL SMN. Though that makes me jealous.. lol.. Regardless, even if they have to main heal, leaving carby out could sure help things in that regard. Heck leaving anyone out could do that. What I'm afraid will happen is they will be all "I want attack" and it won't match the day and/or the weakness of the mob. What is going to take priority for us?

B

Banhammer

Regardless, even if they have to main heal, leaving carby out could sure help things in that regard.
I do that anyway if the level sync is 65 or higher. Carbuncle Mitts plus an Apollo's Staff means I effectively have zero perpetuation cost, and Healing Ruby II makes a really good emergency button.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, me too, sometimes. Sometimes I use Garuda (I have the ZNM headpiece). But do you want a bunch of DRGs at the bird camp telling you they want Ifrit when it's watersday? Because I don't...

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, I do too.. RDM or WHM. But that was just one example of one camp. And it's situational, I've found that out since we moved servers. Pandy probably wouldn't care or request anything. Caitsith.. they would.

I can see SMNs being an alternative to a COR or BRD in manaburns more than anything else. I will probably have to replace some of my summoning magic pieces with perp down gear now, but that's all good.