• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Interview with Maddwg and Dragon Snack

A

Aia

Aia: Hail Maddwg! Thank you for talking to me today. Would you mind telling us something about yourself?

Maddwg: I consider myself a man of honor but I try not to take myself too seriously. I just try to amuse myself and those around me. I just let things happen and then see what I can make out of the situation.

Aia: I'm glad you share your adventures. I for one, really enjoy reading them!

Maddwg: Thank you. It was just a quirk that I started telling them. I found that I enjoyed it and so do some others. Now, I can't seem to stop! Intervention may be necessary.

Aia: How long have you been playing UO?

Maddwg: I have played UO for about two years. I originally was on Legends when it was AOL Legends. I moved to Sonoma in 2000 to play with friends. I quit in 2001 and came back last December.

Aia: Welcome back!

Maddwg: Thank you. The pleasure is all mine.

Aia: So what quirk got you started writing?

Maddwg: It was people complaining about nothing being posted on Stratics except the PvP threads. Someone posted that her daily adventures would be boring. So, I made a post to prove that no day in Sonoma was boring. Here we are, I'm still not bored.

Aia: So now you're hooked huh? *grins*

Aia: I really enjoy Dragon Snack in your stories. Will you tell us more about him?

Maddwg: Dragon Snack is very unique, from what I've seen. He is an unabashed coward. His name (as I told in one story) comes from the fact that I was losing horses at a fast pace to dragons. My friend remarked that my horses were just dinner for the dragons. I replied that the rate they were being eaten that my horses were mere snacks. The name stuck. Dragon Snack has performed some pretty amazing feats (usually when I'm dead) and he loves rooftops.

Aia: err.. loves rooftops?

Maddwg: Aye, he can not resist a roof. He abandoned me in mid combat with daemons to stroll around the roof of their temple. I lost him for 10 minutes and finally located him on a corner of the roof. He also jumped onto the roof of the PAC house when I stopped there.

Aia: lol! That would have been a sight to see!

Maddwg: It was. I so wish that I had gotten a screen shot. I don't think people believe me, but the stories about him are true. He is the most important thing I have in the game.

Aia: It's pretty obvious you really enjoy UO. Tell me, what do you enjoy the most?

Maddwg: Oh that's easy. The other people. It is the people of Sonoma that make UO unique to me.

Aia: If you could change one thing in UO, what would it be?

Maddwg: Hmm, I'm not sure what I would change. I would say remove the 24/7 scripters but EA has been working on that. They need to make craftsmen relevant again.

Aia: I agree with you there!

Aia: Anything else you'd like to add?

Maddwg: Just remember to have FUN!

Aia: Thank you very much for your time, and keep the stories coming!