• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Interview with EM Kanmare

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Tomas Bryce I was able to get us some new scoop on the Event Front:

Lady Aalia:
How long have you been playing UO?

EM Kanmare:
I have been since the beginning, not in Beta thou, but I knew people from Beta.

Lady Aalia:
So since around 1997?

EM Kanmare:
Aye

Lady Aalia:
Why did you apply to be an EM?

EM Kanmare:
I absolutely love Stories. This is what the game is made of! Player run or EM run or the EA Live Team. So I wanted to contribute and add to the community. I was a counselor when we had them and I have some experience at that too.

Lady Aalia:
That’s what I wanted to hear.

EM Kanmare:
Well I think it’s important…especially here.

Lady Aalia:
Do you get to come up with your own Events? Or is it all given to by EA?

EM Kanmare:
I can’t discuss the details yet… We are in the early stages.

Lady Aalia:
So no inside scoop for us yet?

EM Kanmare:
Not yet. As soon as I am allowed to, defiantly!

Lady Aalia :
Are you based in the US?

EM Kanmare:
Actually I am not. But does that matter? The events will run differently this year…. And most defiantly at times suitable for you *grins*

Lady Aalia:
That’s great news!!

EM Kanmare:
I think I would be the only one here if I ran an Event now.
(Well it was 6 am est.)

Lady Aalia:
Well it would be the 3 of us...

EM Kanmare:
Well I guess we are kind of having an Event right now. The Chicken Event!!

I did kind of mention that EA has been keeping us very busy lately and Kanmare just had to add that be better hold on to our seats cause once they start it will get even busier ….. So who wants to adopt 2 kids and a husband??

She also figured out how to give herself a much better fitting title matching the Chickens and the pitchfork and how to get out of the young status
Her, Tomas Bryce and I then chatted about Events in general…

EM Kanmare:
So what would you like to see from Events this arc?

Lady Aalia:
I like scavenger Hunts like the Tinker Story …that was great.

Tomas added after he finished his lunch …which seemed to be more important than the EM !!!!
Well almost every Event we had last season was a big Lag fest. So maybe not have one big boss…go hack at it…kind of Event.

EM Kanmare:
I will ask lots of people. I want to plan things everyone will enjoy I don’t like spawn big Monsters for multiple deaths and no reason kind of things myself. They also have some changes in place that we hope will reduce the Lag. It’s very difficult for large population shards to control that.
I remember going to an Event on Europa where even the GM’s where lagging out, so no I don’t want things like that either and I am also not into big Boss fights unless there is a reason for them. I do like Stories though.
I want to run different types of Events at many different Locations. I have ran Events in Felucca before too, it is important that there are some pvp based Events too, as well as for Merchants, Collectors, tradesmen and Lore masters.

It takes a wide variety of people to make a community, my job is to try to cater to everyone, hehe and I will try to do my best.
I and my sidekick are plotting, he has many cool Ideas, and don’t you worry about it.

Tomas and I each adopted one of her hand spawned Chickens and told her farewell. Kanmare said she would be around and to come looking for her.
So next time you see a bunch of chickens running around take a closer look ….you may find a little surprise

Thank you EM Kanmare

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a wonderful interview!
I can't wait til the events start.
Thank you!

W

walter_mitty

OH NO!!!! NOT ANOTHER ROLL PLAYER

EM Kanmare:
I absolutely love Stories. This is what the game is made of

I am also not into big Boss fights unless there is a reason for them. I do like Stories though.
I want to run different types of Events at many different Locations. I have ran Events in Felucca before too, it is important that there are some pvp based Events too, as well as for Merchants, Collectors, tradesmen and Lore masters.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the interview Aalia. I sure hope our EM will be able to drop a line or two in this forum. I always enjoyed our EM's being more part of the community threw Stratics.

Nice job

Barton!!

D

Draken-Korin

Roll Player is it?

Do yourself a favor and google role and roll to perhaps learn something.

W

walter_mitty

Roll Player is it?

Do yourself a favor and google role and roll to perhaps learn something.
why don't you go back to your basement and work on your live action role playing costume. have fun this weekend throwing pieces of paper with lightening bolt written on it at people