• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Holiday House Decor Contest Announced

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Some FUN News from Vahne, of HOT Auction, and Crimson Rose of DSR!</P> <blockquote> <center>

<font color="800000" size="4">

Lake Austin Christmas Deco Contest!</font color></P></center> <center>
</center> <font color="006400" size="2">

Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings to all of you on Lake Austin! In the spirit of the season, we will be throwing a housing decoration contest! So take out your 100s of snow flakes and wreaths from previous years! Put those creative energies together and design something great, because we will be awarding some nice prizes to the winning house! <UL> <LI><font size="2">First Place: The Ultimate Designer Gift Box including 1 mil!!!</font size>
</LI> <LI><font size="2">Second Place: The Next in Line Gift Box including a Potted Plant</font size>
</LI> <LI><font size="2">Third Place: The Last but not Least Gift Box including a Flickering Lantern
</LI></font size>[/list]

In order to enter the contest, mark a rune to your house with the name of the character who will accept the prize, your ICQ or other instant messenger name, as well as the name of your house! Runes can be dropped off at HOT Auctions with your item submissions every day at the regular item submission times of 12:30 CST and 7:30 CST!</P>

Players from all facets are encouraged to participate, however your house MUST be set to public access! In addition, we may request that you Felucca designers be available on the 29th during judging for the added security/rezzing .</P>

All entries must be received no later than December 28th. Judging will take place at 7pm CST on December 29th. The judges will include Vahne of HOT Auctions, Crimson Rose of DSR, and our recently promoted LA News Manager, El of Stratics.</P>

We would love to have everyone meet at the West Britain bank after the contest and judging so we could do some caroling around Britannia. If you were around on LA last Christmas you will remember how much of a blast that was! ....so dust off those holiday outfits and lets have some fun! </P>

If you have any questions, feel free to PM Vahne or Crimson Rose or ICQ Vahne at 144046399 and Crimson Rose at 93625144!</P> </font color></blockquote>

K

Keldain

AWESOME!!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Now to go buy a lot of christmas decor and revamp my house AGAIN

I

imported_Mandy Moonbright

OOoo Sounds like fun! I'd better get to decoing!!

Thanks Vahne and Crimson!

G

You are welcome and I hope many will participate. This should be fun for everyone.

G

Dont usually bump threads but this one has gotten lost in the crowd.
Please please folks..we know it is a busy time for all but try hard to be available on the 29th for the contest. Would be so sad to not have many participants for this. Try as we do it is increasingly hard to get shard wide events to happen.
This was one we thought would be something that everyone could do.
So try hard to participate.
Thanks.
Happy Holidays.

I

imported_Gwendolynne

I copied this from the HOT Auction site: "You may submit items, pick up checks, claim returned items, or flirt with Leia at our H.O.T. Auction house each day at 12:30 and 8:30pm central time." Are you going to be there tomorrow, Christmas Day?

D

Devin of LA

<blockquote><hr>

"You may submit items, pick up checks, claim returned items, <font color="purple"> or flirt with Leia </font> at our H.O.T. Auction house each day at 12:30 and 8:30pm central time."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, man! How did I miss that part?!

R

Rose Cotton

Still working on mine... been having too much fun celebrating but next couple days I'll get back to it lol

I

imported_lindylou

Vahne must have added that to the web site. While I have nothing to do with the contest, I did agree to take runes that people want to drop off for the contest. Because of the holidays, I was not doing submittal times but will start back up on Monday at 12:30 pm cst so you can drop off runes for the contest then or at other submittal times after that.

V

Vahne

Pffft it's been like that since the website was created, why is it always me who gets blamed for such silly things?!?!

Keep those entries coming folks! We have a few great designers that have already submitted, but you don't want to just let one of THEM win the 1 mil grand prize now do ya? Remember that you can backup the current design of your house if you are afraid that you won't be able to return it to your Pre-christmas design.

For those who absolutely can not make the submission times for HOT, you may ICQ me at 144046399 and meet me to drop off a rune.