• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Hall of Commons Report 2/22/12

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hall of Commons Report, The City of Britain
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 by Merik/Gareth

Announcements for the Week

The Ghosts of Tokuno-
The Ghosts of Tokuno is going to be an event on the High Seas of Tokuno. Unfortunately additional pirate ships cannot be spawned in Trammel However, Tokuno is fair game. So we will begin the evening at the Sons of the Sea, where we will weigh in all the fishes that have been submitted. Then we'll take to the High Seas and battle against some Ghost Pirates. I have no idea if its going to work or not but it should be fun!

*Reporter Comment*
If there are some glitches or it doesn't work before you gather a lynch mob, he gave us a heads up and at least our EMs are being creative and not boring old grandpas who are unwilling to do new things. (No offense Grandpa)

The Sosarian Solstice Fair-
We have the Sosarian Solstice Fair on Thursday at 7pm ET. The Time for that event may change, please stay toon'd to the Town Crier network

Town Criers-
You have no doubt noticed that we can now update them. This is probably the single greatest step forward we have taken. We can now give you up to date information on events in game. They work with Sherry the Mouse statues as well so you can get the schedule by simply saying News

Healer's Guild Admission-
I'm just about finished tabulating results from the Healer's Guild backlock. Should we have enough we will begin construction of the Healer's Tents. *It's neon pink don't worry. I still have to get clearance from the boss But I think you will be pleased

City Loyalty System-
You will no doubt have noticed that the realm is torn in a brutal uprising by the Cities now. I am sure many of you have been working hard on your city loyalty. The City Loyalty system is something I was really excited to see

Because its going to be our Segway into Township events once again. The first task I am giving all townships is to adopt a sister City from amongst those currently beseiged by Rioters, Protestors, and Raiders. This is more of an RP driven decision and you can pick any, you can all pick the same

If more than one township or guild chooses the same City But, it would be interesting to see if each citizen of a Township could work to gain praise from their sister City even if its on an alternate character.

As I am sure many of you are like me and hold very near to your heart your starting City when you began your journey within Britannia for me it was Vesper and I have been protecting it on my own play time. So perhaps townships could sponsor their own militias to protect the Cities and still retain loyalty desires of the individual members. This way you don't have to mess with your main character's loyalty choices, But you can still participate in whatever City your Township chooses to sponsor.

So to summarize, the first task is to choose your sister City from there we can go forth and plan some events around it.

Open Floor Discussion-
Winfield: For the Sister Towns, do we distinguish between Felucca and Trammel? Or just declare like Skara and defend either or both?

Elder EM Dudley:
We are going to focus on Trammel you don't have to specify but the events will all be in Tram unless there is interest in Felucca which would be neat But that's down the road

Winfield: And are you most interested in... the events we do there, activity, than the points we get as individuals for the loyalty?

Elder EM Dudley:
Yes the actual points and what not do not matter as much as your Organization's presence in that City. The main goal here is to repopulate and inject some life into the NPC towns

Raven Greymoon:
We of the Gargouille Shallows would like to thank EM Dudley and Mesanna for placing our Banner. It looks great