• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Atlantic] [News] Greetings, everyone!

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well hello there, everyone!

First, I'd like to say that it is an honor to be part of a wonderfully creative and helpful team. I can remember using Stratics as a reference source almost all the way back when I was (young). I look forward to sharing the fun and news of the Atlantic EM and RP events with everyone.

I started playing Ultima Online in 2000, with Renaissance. Haven was a place only (young) players could go back before it received its makeover, and I'm not referring to New Haven. What continues to amuse me, is that I bought UO and didn't realize that it was an online game. I bought it with the expectation of playing a single-player RPG. I had always been a shy solo player up until that point, you can imagine my surprise when I received the game message telling me that it was connecting. In the first weeks, I was so addicted to this new concept and the world of Sosaria, that I wore out my (young) status ahead of time. Since then, I have fallen in love with the lore and continue to enjoy every expansion. I look forward to seeing what the future brings to us Sosarians.

I started roleplaying shortly after the introduction of The Age of Shadows. I remember I was about to use Britain moongate to start another of my adventures, when I ran into an orc holding a woman up for tribute. I was like a deer in headlights. Up until then, I had never seen other players doing what I had been doing all by myself for so long. I had actually written a couple stories about my adventures and been acting as my character for years, without realizing I was doing what is called “role play”. I was immediately drawn in, and I still haven't managed to escape. Since then, I have helped here and there over the years, both as a reference for lore and history, as well as teaching new roleplayers the ropes. I have had many characters over the years, but I think the one most people would remember me as would be Ceinwyn ab'Arawn.

The character I play currently and will be reporting on is Joanna Weaver. Joanna was born and raised in Magincia. She is the only daughter of a jeweler and his wife and was sent to Moonglow to study magic and to learn the art of inscription at The Lycaeum. She returned home to prepare for the marriage her father had arranged for her, but the daemon invasion brought those plans to a tragic end. She lost both her mother and father, as well as her intended, during that massacre which took the lives of so many Magincians.

Alone and feeling somewhat lost, she approached the Magnate of their city, Lord Isk, and offered her assistance in the recovery and rebuilding of Magincia. Joanna had received a sizable inheritance upon her parent's deaths, which she wisely invested and enlarged. She gives her wealth freely to aid in the rebuilding of their city and the care of Magincian refugees in Trinsic. She is currently Lord Isk's Administrator and right hand, having proven her dedication over the years since the disaster. They work together, along with General Cuthbert, to restore Magincia to its greatness and give their people a home to return to.

Okay, that's more than enough about my character for now. I look forward to reporting about the EM events and your RP events. I will be covering Atlantic, so if your roleplay guild is doing something on the Atlantic shard that you would like others to hear about, please feel free to contact me.

I will see you in game, soon!

Joanna Weaver

Stratics UO Atlantic EM and RP Event Reporter

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Picks up her quill having freshly dipped it in ink and plops open her journal. Quietly looks up from her task and smiles*

Welcome to the Inn.