• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Greeting My Lords and Ladies!

M

Merci d'Rue

Hello Lords and Ladies of the Realm!

I am honored to be asked to fulfill this position and begin bringing the power and magic of Roleplay to your very doors. I have often found that Roleplay can be a moving experience, playing out some of the feelings and themes of life with realism and great wonder. The beauty of Roleplay is that it lets your imagination come alive. Through expressing our characters and roleplaying we live, learn, and laugh with others. It brings us closer to people and experiences that we may have never had the chance to know.

I began roleplaying in 2005, I remember my first day, Ultima Online was quite a game to learn. I remember being very nervous and scared, however, those around me were wonderful. They were happy to show me the ropes in Roleplaying. Roleplay, was truly love at first sight for me, I have met some incredible people, building in-depth stories and experiences together has been a great deal of fun. I have roleplayed nonstop since I began, and have loved every minute. I can't wait to bring Merci to you all and learn of you, your ways and your roleplay. I want to share your story with all of Stratics and meet others that love to roleplay or have a desire to do it. Let me begin by telling you a bit about Merci d'Rue who will soon be knocking on your doors.

Merci Anastasia d'Rue was born in Ilshenar near spirituality, her people were a small band of nomadic people that roamed the lands. Her father and mother were both excellent Weavers of the Blade and instilled a love of fighting and battle into both their daughters. Unfortunately, as most stories go, tragedy struck Merci's family and she was left alone, the only survivor.

Merci has traveled a long road to get to where she is today. She is an excellent swordswoman, loves battle. Recently, she has become somewhat of an Oracle to the clan she lives with. She lives in what she terms as the Forsaken North, a cold and icy place set in the western mountains of malas. She trains daily there, insisting the harsh life keeps her sharp and on her toes. Her people guard a strange artifact that they have learned opens a portal to other places. Merci has recently learned to use it to visit other shards in hopes of learning about new things and experiences to bring to her people.

She is 6'1, a proud warrior female, she has long dark blue hair like the midnight sky. Bright blue eyes that shine in the darkest night adorn her sharp angular features. She is well toned and takes meticulous care of her armor and clothing.

Now I have told you Merci and I's story, I look forward to hearing all of yours. Please feel free to contact us to share your events, battles or just to say Hello. Send your messenger to: [email protected].

Also I encourage you to visit the White Stag Inn UO White Stag Inn - Stratics Forums and share your own personal story!

Sincerely,

Merci d'Rue
TGN Stratics UO Role Play Reporter

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome aboard and congrats again... nice sig! hehe

ATLANTIC FTW

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)