• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]FoF: Far, Far Away

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
FoF: Far, Far Away
Jeremy Dalberg
03 Jul 2008 16:08:04

Hints, tips, and policies - have a great long weekend, to those of you who get one!

To read the whole article clicky HERE! http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday116.html

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems fairly useless information to me, yet again... And the FoA were a group from events YEARS ago.

J

Joyous2K

The weekly FOF. The title made me believe it was going to be:

When is SA coming?
SA is far, far away on our schedule.

Well, at least faction candelabras is taken care of. Whoever floated that one out there yesterday should be ashamed!

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great info Imo! I am glad to hear they are addressing account age:] would have liked phase 3 in ... but Ill live.:thumbup1:

L

love2winalot

17) Thanks Adam and thanks Mesanna and Hello there
Well I can only think of one question at the moment as the other people who have replied to this thread have asked some pretty good ones. I'll add more if i can think of them, but my question is:
When will Stygian Abyss be released?

* Bites Tongue* I promise we will tell you when we can

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why can you tell the whole world about WarHammer, and act like if a single word of SA gets out, it will be the end of EA/Mythic? Really, WHY?:confused:

Oh, and you can only ask people to be patient for so long...........

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because SA is vaporware... Or wait, is it even allowed to be vaporware, seeing as it was never officially announced?

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
17) Thanks Adam and thanks Mesanna and Hello there
Well I can only think of one question at the moment as the other people who have replied to this thread have asked some pretty good ones. I'll add more if i can think of them, but my question is:
When will Stygian Abyss be released?

* Bites Tongue* I promise we will tell you when we can

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why can you tell the whole world about WarHammer, and act like if a single word of SA gets out, it will be the end of EA/Mythic? Really, WHY?:confused:

Oh, and you can only ask people to be patient for so long...........
Why? Because SA is dead. They were going to announce it at the beginning of this year but chose not to due to some attempt to revive it. Not that anyone noticed but that was supposed to be the bad news I mentioned was going to be revealed after Jan 1st. At this point they are holding out to see how WHO does before making any moves, but essentially SA is dead.

I

Ill Saint

An answer as to why the change to Spellweaving Focus was implemented would have been very appreciated!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they fix the account age, i hope they update inactive accounts that were short changed but deactivated before the fix.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next week I'll be on vacation, and Bob is going to be holding down the fort for me. Please send FoF announcements (and the usual issues) to rmull AT ea DOT com, and don't be too hard on the guy! He will be doing a Five on Friday next week, although it will probably be slightly... nonstandard :)

- Jeremy

At the non-standard part... Does that mean the questions will suck more than usual, or actually be useful?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
At the non-standard part... Does that mean the questions will suck more than usual, or actually be useful?
It means there probably wont be any questions at all. Probably another sort of state of the union address where we are told everyone is working hard and to stay tuned for exciting details that they can't discuss right now. UO is going places and we are all very excited blah blah blah.

I :heart: my dev team. I hate the people above them are doing to my game.
That is all.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not know where to post this, so here goes... anyone on Origin turn in fireworks wands?

Which worked? Only the 10th? All I had was that stupid "M" one we all had to have and it did not work.

J

Joyous2K

Next week I'll be on vacation, and Bob is going to be holding down the fort for me. Please send FoF announcements (and the usual issues) to rmull AT ea DOT com, and don't be too hard on the guy! He will be doing a Five on Friday next week, although it will probably be slightly... nonstandard :)

- Jeremy

What that means is that there is going to be a longwinded say nothing type of 3 paragraph spiel. What the heck does Bob no about UO? DO you think he knows how to calculate swing speed? No chance. He doesn't know about any mass curse bug. He doesn't know max resist on a PC. He will be able to say this kind of thing....

Before I get heckled by the peanut gallery I want to say something about SA. SA is a very important project to me and our entire development team. I will not say anything further about this, but, it is coming in the future and be ready with your diapers, cuz BABY, SA is FUN!!!

Also the Japanese contingency run the show now. So if you want any more information talk to them and ask them questions. I am pretty certain they called our game retro and they like TOm Cruise. Thank you. Bob.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also the Japanese contingency run the show now. So if you want any more information talk to them and ask them questions. I am pretty certain they called our game retro and they like TOm Cruise. Thank you. Bob.
Haha. That would be funny to see in an FoF as much as it would suck. :p