• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Fire & Ice: Victory and Surprise!!!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last evening the citizens of our lands were summoned to the Trammel Yew Abbey for an unknown mission. Many thought Robert of the Royal Guard would show to lead us again, but were surprised when King Lord Casca himself appeared and spoke to the gathered people. It seems through study, research and grueling work he had discovered the rift where the Crimson Dragons were making their way into our lands. (As most of you know these dragons have been encountered in the towns where invasions have taken place.) Lord Casca then asked those listening to assist him in destroying whatever it was that allowed them to enter our fair lands, and rallied the group by declaring that he would lead all of them into battle. Screaming “Follow me, Citizens!!” as he opened a gate for everyone to enter.

The gate led from near the Yew Abbey to beside the Yew Crypts and a burned out house, the massive army was not sure what we were to do when once again they were told to enter another gate. So once again the group rushed into the new gate only to find themselves in surrounded by cold stone tunnels. As soon as they cleared the gate many rushed forward with weapons raised and spells at the ready to face whatever creatures dared to call this place home.

The battles in the unknown dungeons tunnels were fierce and very deadly as the determined forces fighting for Casca fought through waves of rotting corpses, giant spiders, scorpions, silver serpents, lichs and lich lords, mummies, efreets, poison elementals, blood elementals, terathans, ophidians and the worse of all shadow fiends the Unseen. Till all the monsters were vanquished and the dungeon appeared to be clear.

Lord Casca ordered everyone to come to an large room in the center of the dungeon where in the middle sat a massive red Crystal. This he declared was the last barrier to destroying the Crimson Dragons, but he needed everyone’s strength to destroy it. So he waited till everyone was in the room before giving one last warning. He stated that there was a chance when the shard was destroyed shards of it may go flying everywhere. True to his word when the crystal was destroyed parts of it showered the room, and many of the citizens grabbed them up from the ground as fast as they could. Casca then ordered everyone back through a gate to the Yew Abbey where he would speak to them again.

Here is what Casca had to say to the triumphant and proud group at the Abbey after wards:
Lord Casca: Hail, Rejoice! The Crimsons are defeated! With the crystal's destruction we should be free from the invasions which would have torn our land apart at its seams. If there are any left from the invasions.. they will wither and die, I suppose! I held steadfast, I have preserved amongst unwarranted criticism, I have brought peace to the land where others faltered. "The Archmage will know what is best for Britannia," Kasaven told me. *Laughs Hysterically* Fools! Both of them! Without Clainin's help our foes fall, they grovel at my feet. The unfathomable might of the Crimson Dragon bows before the crown!

That was when to everyone’s surprise a Crimson Dragon lumbered up with a look like fire in his eyes, and it spoke in a deep booming voice.
Syrak(Crimson Dragon): The Crimson Flight bow to the likes of you?
Lord Cascas head slowly turned to look at the Crimson Dragon and you could see the horror spread over his face as the realization hit him of what was speaking to him.

Syrak(Crimson Dragon): Puny little mortals!
Lord Casca: Guu....gu.....GUARRDSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Syrak(Crimson Dragon): Who amongst you possess the power to banish us!?
Lord Casca:GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!
At this point Lord Casca turned and ran away as fast as his legs could carry him. Leaving the crowd to face whatever revenge the Crimson Dragon had in mind without him.

Syrak(Crimson Dragon): You would be lucky to serve us as slaves lest we decide you're better as food. Foolish mortals! Look on in awe! I am perfection! I am a Crimson Dragon! Who amongst you can rival my strength? *haughtily scans the crowd*(That was when he spotted a woman that was standing at the back of the crowd.) You! How did you get here! When did you get here!

The strange woman then stepped forward and said in a strong voice.
Fayaxion: It is vital to your mortal lives to vacate this area immediately!!!!
Syrak: How dare you ignore me!!
Fayaxion: This is no reason to which I should answer your questions my young red cousin.
Syrak: Sosaria belongs to the Crimson Flight! It's time for your weak race to perish!

Fayaxion: Young Crimson, It's past time for you to leave - Humans!!! this is the last warning, leave quickely!

A magic shimmer surrounded the woman as her form started to change and grow much larger. She took the form of another dragon..a platinum dragon.

Syrak: This can not be!!!An Elder!!
a platinum dragon: Goodbye, foolish young Crimson! *Thrusts her head in Syrak's direction*

magical energy rippled through the air as lightning fell from the sky striking the Crimson dragon, and the ground shook as the platinum dragon rushed forward smashing into the Crimson throwing it off balance. The battle was fast and deadly as the platinum dragon quickly vanquished its younger foe. The platinum then turn to the awe struck people who had witnessed it all and said “You are safe now, humans.” Before it turned and headed off to the south.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vallend...thank you, thank you, thank you. I was so angry that I missed the event. And you covered it so very well.

Thank you my friend. I wish I could have been there. :(

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last evening the citizens of our lands were summoned to the Trammel Yew Abbey for an unknown mission. Many thought Robert of the Royal Guard would show to lead us again, but were surprised when King Lord Casca himself appeared and spoke to the gathered people. It seems through study, research and grueling work he had discovered the rift where the Crimson Dragons were making their way into our lands.

The battles in the unknown dungeons tunnels were fierce and very deadly as the determined forces fighting for Casca fought through waves of rotting corpses, giant spiders, scorpions, silver serpents, lichs and lich lords, mummies, efreets, poison elementals, blood elementals, terathans, ophidians and the worse of all shadow fiends the Unseen.
The connection to Hagrids disappearance and this event are uncanny.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two requests have come to me today. One was a picture of the crystal shards that fell at last nights Event, and better pictures of the Platinum Dragon. The first was easy enough to get because the Lady Anne was kind enough to share one of the broken crystal shards with me. The second I had to dig in some files to find for all of you. Hope you enjoy.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
OK, I LOVE the Platinum Dragons! Vallend, as always, thank you for the write up. I was able to catch parts I had missed.

So our mighty King Casca brought the invasion to an end and yet buggered off when the Crimson showed up? Yeah, brave one there. Maybe someone needs to take his "gift staff" and break it over his head. bah

D

DPudding

Nice work. It was a fun event...even though I died pretty quickly! The lag was such I wasn't aware of the critters presence until I was already dead.

S

Shioni

Keeping my distance I explored this cave a bit behind the rest. I saw harrows not even seen in my own night mares.

The sigil was a place of confusion and chaos.

I was going to challenge the dragon when the other appeared, Its too bad all dragons are cowards.