• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Fire and Ice

K

Kiminality

The people of Britannia were called to gather at Empath Abbey, in Yew.
A crowd quickly gathered, as we awaited news of the purpose of our summoning.
Soon enough, Nathan Hawk, Seeker of Truth and Captain of the Royal Guard came before those gathered, and addressed us.
He spoke of Lord Casca, and how recent events were leading him to lose faith in the elven king.
The Yewish were inspired by this news, and Hawke had to clarify to some of the attended that regicide was not the purpose of the gathering. Even though there appeared to be evidence of LordCasca having a part in the council murders.
Treason, from the king?
In spite of the news, he ordered that we should all follow the king's orders, until such time as his orders would damage the kingdom.

Casca arrived soon after, and after an unsuccessful attempt by the Yewish to arrest the king, outlined the reason everyone had been called to Yew.
Sparing the details, somewhat, Casca announced that the source of the evil that ashed over the lands had been found, and that it was our mission to extinguish it.
Although it was unclear what was really going to happen, the order was quickly given that we were to follow Casca to our destination.
In light of past events, when those following Casca came under attack from daemons, there was some talk of a trap. But such attackers eluded us, much as our destination did, for a time.
On arrival at the crypts, we were directed to enter an Innocent-looking moongate, which Provided no hint of what lay beyond.

Fierce battle raged, as we pushed through the monsters that seemed to be guarding the dark tunnels, and were just as quickly pushed back.
Shadow fiends fed of our energy, and used it for themselves, driving us back as quickly as we'd advanced.
In time, victory was ours. The tunnels, littered with bodies from both sides, lead to a central room, housing what was described as a BloodSigil.

This, according to Casca, was the source of evil.
The means by which the forces of the shadowlords were attacking our cities, and what we had come to destroy.
And, destroy it we did.

Well, Casca did, and made sure we knew it.
However, his victory speech, back at Empath Abbey, was cut short.
Unimpressed by the efforts of the "puny mortals" to banish them, a Crimson Dragon confronted those in attendance. With the exception of Casca, who made an exit as swift as the dragon's arrival.

While the crowd readied their spells and weapons, the dragon's attention was drawn to one among them. An unremarkable lady, dressed in light blue, in the manner of a noble.
The lady seemed less threatened by the dragon, than it was of her, and referred to it as her "young red cousin".
The meaning of her choice of words son became clear. After her final warning to those attended, to leave for their own safety, she transformed into a giant metallic dragon, rivalling the crimson in both size and presence.
Having very much met its match, the crimson dragon retreated to where it had come from. While the platinum dragon, its purpose apparently fulfilled, departed southwards.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome write up...im sooo peed i missed this one off event...it looked great...oh well i must keep reading the herald and check the EMs office more frequently to check for event time information, i really wish it could be posted on the patch notes screen everytime u log in...that would make a lot more sense???wouldnt it?? everyone would see it then??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Kimi, I think I actually understand what it was all about now! I was there, but stealthing or dead a lot of the time, so I've missed being in the pictures.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great read, Missed it sadly, Thanks for letting me get up to date!

C

cheerful

Great work, it takes some of the annoyance out of missing events when you can catch up on the forums.

K

Kiminality

I almost forgot to thank Seasseragh, for providing me with logs of the event.
And, of course, EMs Emile Layne and Sarakan, for running the event.

K

Kiminality

And an extra special thanks to whoever implemented the italics thingy in Vbulletin :D

The post just looked messy without it :p