• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Faine's Pretty Head Contest

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faine’s Pretty Head Contest

Today, citizens of Origin, we ask you to wield a pen instead of a sword.

EM Faine Morgan’s head has been conspicuously but mysteriously placed upon the bar at the Counselor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel. Who or what caused Faine’s decapitation? Who placed her head on the bar? Why would anyone do such a thing?

Conjure up your most creative tales to explain this mystery!

The player with the best story (as voted on by UO’s Event Moderator Team) will have their name forever emblazoned upon the head of EM Faine Morgan as it rests upon the bar (or eventually, in Origin’s Reward Hall), with a notation such as, “The head of EM Faine Morgan, chopped off by [PlayerName]” or a similar phrase suitable to the winning fiction.

Contest Rules:
  • Submissions will be accepted through 11:59pm Pacific Sunday, April 5, 2009. Entries received after that time will be declined submission to the contest.
  • Submissions must be within 300 to 1,000 words in length.
  • Submissions will be accepted via the form on the EM web site at http://www.emfainemorgan.com/?page_id=153 or via email. Send email submissions to: [email protected]
  • The winner will be determined by a private vote amongst UO’s EM Team (all shards).
  • The winner will be announced at a meet-and-greet event at 6PM Pacific/9PM Eastern Thursday, April 9th at the Counselor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel, Origin.
Is your pen as mighty as your sword?

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yikes! Since it's a 'pretty head' contest perhaps Faine had a stalker? This isn't going to be like a soap opera where she comes back, head intact next week is it?? ;)

I like the idea of this contest. Put literary skills to work, literally. :D

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my,

I could use a bit of Faine Morgan history please. Where can I go to find that. Wouldn't want to write a Lady with a pretty head out of character now.

Please post it here for all to share is very preferable.

Will we be able to read all entries eventually?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my,

I could use a bit of Faine Morgan history please. Where can I go to find that. Wouldn't want to write a Lady with a pretty head out of character now.

Please post it here for all to share is very preferable.

Will we be able to read all entries eventually?
I've searched everywhere I could think of to find out some Faine Morgan history .. it seems she sort of just spawned one day not too terribly long ago .. then travelled around a few shards as a floater, (hmm, floating EM .. now that conjures up a mental image of EM's dancing on a bar) until Origin became Faine's permanent EM home.
You can ask the question about if we'll be able to read all the entries over on emfainemorgan.com ... The EM's do read our forums, but can't post on them.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good grief now. Hows a body supposed to write the demise of a lady if he knows not whether she occasionally takes a Turkish bath, spends all her time in the garden, has rotted her teeth out with confections, or whatnot?!

*sigh*

I didn't realize they were not allowed to post here. Guess I'd better get it from the horses mouth.
*notices you staring*
Well, of COURSE, she's not a horse...

a horse would just be named Lady, not...

oh... nevermind.

Thanks for the reply though.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good grief now. Hows a body supposed to write the demise of a lady if he knows not whether she occasionally takes a Turkish bath, spends all her time in the garden, has rotted her teeth out with confections, or whatnot?!

*sigh*

I didn't realize they were not allowed to post here. Guess I'd better get it from the horses mouth.
*notices you staring*
Well, of COURSE, she's not a horse...

a horse would just be named Lady, not...

oh... nevermind.

Thanks for the reply though.

Perhaps we can compile a list of known facts regarding EM Faine Morgan. From past meetings I know:
  • EM Faine Morgan LOVES Origin
  • EM Faine Morgan has raised teenagers
  • EM Faine Morgan enjoys interacting with the residents of Origin
  • EM Faine Morgan sometimes reads the forums while at work
  • EM Faine Morgan was not at all intimidated by the surprise appearance of a dagger wielding Mesanna at a recent Meet & Greet/Question & Answer session
  • EM Faine Morgan has been known to dance on bars with EM Laurana
  • EM Faine Morgan likes to take us on 'Field Trips'
  • EM Faine Morgan has a pet beetle statue at the Origin Award Hall & Memorial Gardens
  • EM Faine Morgan likes to get into the 'finger paints' when left alone at the Counselors Hall
  • Oh, and did I mention EM Faine Morgan LOVES Origin?
I am certain others have tidbits of 'known facts' regarding EM Faine, let's get a list going!

(EM Faine Morgan and EM Laurana's website: emfainemorgan.com)

Maelwyn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, it sure seems I see some sort of pattern there....

Although I'm not quite sure I'm grasping the whole picture.

I do have one question though. What IS EM Faine Morgan? In the Counselor's Guild there is a fairy statue of EM Faine Morgan and EM Faine Laurana.

Does this mean she is a fairy then? Or is this just some artist taking some sort of license with his image here?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She and all the others are Eldritch Minstrels.

Sheesh, I thought everyone knew that. They are very rare but highly gregarious individuals who take advertisement of their activities and community building with deadly seriousness.

And there it is! I've answered my own question and have my story.

Thanks!

C

Crystal Canyon

*Grabs pen and ink and wonders....does Em Faine love Origin?*

For some reason Im thinking she does, but Im not sure where I got that idea. Hmmm, I must have read that somewhere before. Oh well, back to the writing I go.....
:)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you forgot one

Em Faine Morgan LOVES Dr.Thompson
Hmmm, I can't forget what I don't know ... but, in a sense you are correct as I do remember EM Faine Morgan saying, 'I love you guys.' This was said just before she said, 'I LOVE Origin!'

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm going to have to see what I can be coming up with. Tho I'm already racking my head for creativity with work related writing.

My muse needs a large supply of chocolate.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, EVERYbodies muse needs a large supply of Chocohalic satisfaction.
'Save the earth ... it's the only planet that has chocolate!'

Two more Faine facts I discovered last night:

1. EM Faine Morgan likes colors ... but NOT green. (That is EM Faine in the spring pink skirt.)
  2. EM Faine Morgan has a very special llama that often has to stay in the stable as he is for petting only, and discloses her location if she is in EM stealth mode.)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well now, that is interesting.

I've heard of a mystic llama herder, but never of a petting llama herder.

M

Michael Wolf

Three of the 4 stories are available to read on the EM's site HERE, hopefully they will read this and fix the link tot eh 4th one unless it was requested not to be posted.

M

Michael Wolf

May I be the first to congratulate Errant for a great story. I bow to you.

M

Michael Wolf

Yes, oops Yeah Errant was the winner and his story is in a book in the Counselor's Hall. The head now says it was cut off by a Lurg or something like that.