• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News][EM] Townships! Freeze!

Chesapeake News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Townships! Freeze!
Multiple Towns
April 20, 2010
By: Merik

The following townships were attacked during the late hours of Tuesday the 20th by frozen creatures: Guardians Gate, Kijuistsu Anei Keys, Kijustsu Anei Village, Moria Village, PaxLair City and PaxOku City.

Royal Guards and township malitias came together to beat back the frozen armies that were invading. The townships of Guardians Gate and PaxLair required additional troops and more time to contain. Through the combined effort of these brave Guards and warriors the invasion forces were defeated for now......

Wednesday after the summit meeting townships found themselves under siege once again. Pitmuck settlement located on horse shoe island appeared to be another target added to the invasion. Kijustsu Anei Keys located North of Britain was once again invaded. The newly appointed Royal Guards secured the townships quickly. However Kijustsu Anei Keys proved to be more of a challenge as higher ranking invasion creatures made their way to the area.

After being accused of being behind the invasions by Magistrate Mirt of Kijustsu Anei Village. Chief Detective Sheffield left Delta Butch the Deputy Commander of the Royal guard in charge of security in Kijustsu Anei Keys. Detective Sheffield returned later looking for a "Time piece" he has misplaced. The UHOH guild reported weeks ago that Sheffield sent a grey Goblin army to their area. Is Chief Detective Sheffield behind these attacks? Or is he just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Many questions remain unanswered...

• Who is sending frozen armies into the townships?
  • Why does a Scarlet Rose sit on the post of the Pitmuck banner?
  • What do the towns attacked have in common?
  • Is this related to the frozen area through the Mirror?
  • Frozen creatures? Frozen Balandar?
  • Is the Image connected?
  • Does Temptress yet again control frozen armies?
  • Imperium undead attacks connected?
  • Has someone or thing resurrected from the well of souls?
  • Temptress? Time piece?

more...

L

Liquid_Ape

Who is sending frozen armies into the townships?
Why does a Scarlet Rose sit on the post of the Pitmuck banner?
What do the towns attacked have in common?
Is this related to the frozen area through the Mirror?
Frozen creatures? Frozen Balandar?
Is the Image connected?
Does Temptress yet again control frozen armies?
Imperium undead attacks connected?
Has someone or thing resurrected from the well of souls?
Temptress? Time piece?

Very interesting circumstances.

First, let me say that the brave Friar Benito fought most valiantly to vanquish the invading horde from PaxLair. There was another warrior there for a time, but I forget his name. I played a small part in the defense. I say this not to gain glory, but to let people know that I was a witness to the battle. Benito fought everything from frost spiders to white wyrms and arctic ogre lords. When the battle calmed, I set about searching the bodies. I found no evidence of orders or anything that might tie these creatures to some evil mastermind.

My thoughts on the questions posed above:

A Scarlet Rose on the Pitmuck banner can be something as simple as a gesture of friendship or something as complicated as an anagrammatic puzzle waiting to be solved.

The simple explanation is that it is a gesture of friendship between whomever and Pitmuck. Perhaps, a Scarlet Rose is merely a Rose from Scarlet... von Trinsic. Perhaps it is a "thank you" to Ozog for his complicity in the death of Jessica.

If you want to go to the complicated end of the spectrum, the words, "A Scarlet Rose" have an anagram that seems eerily appropriate: "Oracles Tears. Yes, what an odd coincidence that Ozog fled and sought help from an Oracle after the murder of Jessica and now we find that A Scarlet Rose can be rearranged to Oracle Tears. Perhaps the Oracle saw through Ozogs deceit and was so distraught that her tears flowed freely.

Another thing that bothers me is Detective Sheffield’s missing watch. Would a detective as astute as Sheffield loose his watch? I think not. I believe that it was stolen, or he was possessed by whoever possessed Jessica and Messana when he lost it, or perhaps something far stranger happened. I would take a guess that if it were stolen, it will show up again at a most embarrassing time or place for Sheffield. It seems likely there are unknown forces trying to discredit him or implicate him in some sort of criminal act. It would seem to be a good way to get him out of the picture.

There seems to be a puzzling connection between the Chronosphere(?), Sheffield’s watch and Temptress: Time. This is what puzzles me the most. Somehow I feel that time is the key to this puzzle. I just need to discover more clues. Perhaps another trip to Balandar’s house will help me think.

To touch on other questions, I need to do more research on the well of souls. I would also like to find a list of who was on the jury at Jessica's trial and what township they are from.

If anyone has any other observations, please post them here or PM me. If we work together, we can clear the names of the innocent and convict the guilty.

Kit Kittredge, Detective
Ocllo Liberation Front [OLF]​

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Great observations.

Reminds me of the story used in Lost

That should be obvious to any Lost fan. The show is built on the idea of duality. The survivors of Oceanic 815 got a fresh start on the Island, where they were reborn. The Island itself features many instances of this central theme. There's the battle between Jacob (the Man in White) and his Nemesis (the Man in Black). There are also the constant references to Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, a story about traveling through a mirror into a backwards world.

Through the looking glass
the second opens indoors on a snowy, wintry night exactly six months later, uses frequent changes in time and spatial directions as a plot device, and draws on the imagery of chess. In it, there are many mirror themes, including opposites, time running backwards, and so on.

L

Liquid_Ape

Great observations.

Reminds me of the story used in Lost

That should be obvious to any Lost fan. The show is built on the idea of duality. The survivors of Oceanic 815 got a fresh start on the Island, where they were reborn. The Island itself features many instances of this central theme. There's the battle between Jacob (the Man in White) and his Nemesis (the Man in Black). There are also the constant references to Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, a story about traveling through a mirror into a backwards world.

Through the looking glass

Interesting. I shall have to give it a quick read.

Here is a link to the Project Gutenberg eBook: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12/12-h/12-h.htm

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps the Oracle saw through Ozogs deceit. Ozog no deceiter , no bees fibber

OZOG , Ice Creams Man

L

Liquid_Ape

Perhaps the Oracle saw through Ozogs deceit. Ozog no deceiter , no bees fibber

OZOG , Ice Creams Man
Indeed, Ozog. I meant no harm, it was merely speculation. One of my teachers, Detective Alisandro of Ocllo, taught me to start off by listing possibilities and then eliminate them until you are left with a short list. It allows you to devote more energy in the appropriate areas. Although you must admit it is an odd coincidence...

In your defense, Ozog, I was told Pitmuck was attacked the same night as many of the other settlements. Also, last night when Skara Brae fell under seige, you were there bravely fighting to the best of your abilities along with everyone else. I, being a practitioner of the Mystic arts, know that I too had trouble summoning creatures in town which slowed down my contribution to the victory we eventually won.

Take care, dear Ozog. When one speculates off hand, sometimes one speculates incorrectly.

Kit Kittredge, Detective
Ocllo Liberation Front [OLF]