• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]EM Bard Contest

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

As was mentioned on 14th, we will be having a bard contest to commemorate the recovery of William.

The theme of the contest is anything pertaining to the quest. How you approach it depends on you.

Hear are some general rules regarding this part of the event.

1)Rules and regulations of Ultima Online apply. You may not submit things that break them.
2)Anything you submit must fit within two blue books in Ultima Online. I will use UO Wedding to write your submission in a book and if it goes over you can be disqualified.
3)All submissions must be made before midnight on Wednesday PST.

Sorry for the lateness of this post.

M

Millie

I've tried 10 times not to get a song on the pages of this boards and have tossed then out.. I'm just not a songwriter. :) Good Luck to All the Rest of you.

B

BardMal

What is UO Wedding? If it's anything like bed wedding, I don't wanna change my sheets again.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is UO Wedding? If it's anything like bed wedding, I don't wanna change my sheets again.
Umm... ya... leaving second half alone. hehe

UO wedding is a application that can make long speeches and things such as weddings etc much easier to managed. That link will take you to it here on Stratics and explain more. I use it from time to time and find it most helpful.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received notice of a change in the deadline for this contest:

"Greetings, everyone!

Seppo asked me to pass this message along. He is changing the submission date for the writing contest. All submissions must be recieved by Friday, 20th at 8PM PST. A new red book with the details can be found at his office in Britain, the Skara Brae Faire Grounds, and Luna Bank.

- Nicholas the Old"

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't UO Wedding actually illegal?

There was a thread on Stratics, I believe, where a Dev stated that any usage of ANY third party program is illegal, however harmless its design. This does not include UOA and UOAM, of course.

Found it. It was on UO Forums, which does a copy of the stuff posted on UO Stratics. The link I have no longer works, but I bet the info could still be found. Basically, only UOPro programs are legal, and everything else is not.

Just google "Ultima Jeremy UO Wedding Clarification Legal" and check out a cached page, taken Feb. 8th, 2008.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a good one to send for the FoF Ken. I know that EM's have used it many times to help with those long speeches.

L

Lady Bard

So who won the contest? I never got a chance to attend (forgot to enter).

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nicholas the Old, Fern Goodfellow, Octavia, and Lorien. We all recieved "A Minstrels Harp." Nicholas (me) has his prominently displayed in his home, while Lorien chose to donate his to the event moderators so that it could be displayed publically in rememberance of the competition. It was definatley a fun event! :)

WildStar is preparing a follow up article on the event. She apparently got something like 400 screenshots to sort through.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There was enough material out of the one event for two articles. One related to the Bard Contest and the other related to the contination of the Casca storyline. I only have 250 more screenshots to go thru but will be working on some of them tonight. In total I took 442 screenshots.

WildStar

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NICE! Congratulations to the winners and participants! It sounded like good times, and I can't wait for the article!

M

Millie

Very cool. I was unable to attend and am looking forward to seeing the screen shots.