• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Deco Ideas: Spring Ponds

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spring Ponds

With the spring equinox just days behind us I thought we could all use a look forward to the warmer weather.
(Especially if, like me, you just got more snow)

Over the next month I'll be posting rivers, waterfall, ponds, wells, and swamp ideas, I thought I'd start with ponds.

Even if you have limited space, a pond is almost always possible.. Including using the new carpet tiles to create a pond so you can always remove it to redecorate without going into customization.

Examples of ponds using carpet tiles

By Mariredbear

By AmberMoonshade

The carpet tiles allow you to choose the color of your water, so if you'd like a more tropical coloring like AmberMoonshade's carpet tiles are the way to go.

-The new carpet tiles require you to have the High Seas upgrade and to do a simple quest that starts at the tailors in the Royal City-

Small Ponds

By Arya

By FalonoFelder

By Mako

Illusion Ponds

If your lucky enough to have one of the homes on the road of Makoto, You're handed a very simple way to do an illusion.

By Kenpachi

By Ryo

Larger Ponds
(With More Decoration Involved)

By Crystal Canyon

By Tommygirl

By APirate

By HunterMoon

Tips

Can't figure out how to place an item on the water of your pond?
Place it before placing the water tile. Raise it up, It will stay in that spot through customization as long as it's raised multiple times.
After placing the water tile you can then lower it back down.

Teleport tiles also help. If you want to decorate the center of your pond, place a teleport tile so you can come & go. You can later delete the tile or place an item over it to cover it so you can use it again later.

Waterfall Wall Pieces: In the final screenshot of HunterMoons home she uses the waterfall pieces to connect the first and second floor without interrupting the water. These can be a great tool.
They can attach one level to another, and you can also walk through them.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I do as well. I am terrible at deco but love to check out what people do.

If you would like to put together a spring Deco Contest. I would be happy to put up some prizes or Gold. For the winners. It would be a great Community event. Just let me know.