• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Dearly beloved, we are gathered...

G

<table border="1" bordercolor="purple" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#ffccff" width="100%"> <tr> <td width="10px">
</td> <td align="center">

</td> <td width="10px" valign="top">
</td> </tr> </table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#ffccff" width="100%"> <tr> <td>
ove was in the air... although, and this may bring howls of rage to some of thy lips, twas not for me, and twas not found in the lands ye might expect last night.

However, it did involve our citizens, one in particular whose feet, like his heart, had gone a-wandering.
And so, using my jack-of-all-trades tracking ability, I followed the strange elf known as Tigasalot to the equally strange lands known as... Sonoma.

It was a terrible place. The people walked about freely (a little TOO freely, if you ask me, as some walked straight through me), the trees had strange, green things growing on their boughs, and peculiar oddities were to be found everywhere.

Still, the main cause of the journey was to attend the wedding of Lord Tigsalot to Lady Lavendar!
Luckily, I met Dor mere instants after arriving in those strange lands, and she was able to ensure that I was suitably attired for the occasion!
We ran to the Yew gate, utterly unaccosted by miscreants, which made me extremely nervous.
Tis one thing to know danger lurks everywhere, but tis quite another when it suddenly takes a day off!

More familiar voices were to be found at the Britain moongate, and from there, we journied to the place where the joyous occasion was to be held!
Twas a wonderous place, and all about me, people remarked on the beauty of the decor!
I hope my trusty picture imp has done it justice, and was not too badly affected by the elven wine! Say what ye will about the strange growths on the trees in that land, their citizens know their way around a decorating tool!

I found my way to my seat, and waited for events to begin!

Unfortunately, I found that I had chosen to sit with a large statue between myself and the participants, so, until I realised, and moved, I could not hear a word.

Still, it was a night to remember!
Looking lovely (or, I am told) in her white outfit, the bride shone as only brides can!
Tigsalot did a good job of behaving himself, at least, for the most part!

Dor conducted a perfect wedding, and when all was done, the two were happily wed!

There was much fun to be had by all, although a certain bunch of flowers caused good Kelmo considerable concern, as someone had insured them, for some strange reason. I do not profess to understand that witchcraft, but I am certain tis an evil practice.

After a night of festivities, Skylark, Kelmo and I returned to the YMCA, and from there to seek a good night's rest.

And, I must stress this point, there is absolutely no truth in any VILE rumors regarding any kissing between myself and Kelmo. There was no mistletoe there. I was not there. He was not there. It is all lies. There are no gamans in Homare. Lies, I tell you. I trust that settles the matter.

Congratulations to the happy couple! Wherever thy honeymoon may be, may it be a memorable one!

Oh, and Tigsalot? We demand a re-enactment on Siege, for those who missed it!
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Finally, I did obtain some images of what folks were wearing. Apologies to anyone whom I may have missed. My excuse is a simple one - I did not see you!

</td> </tr> </table>

G

Heh, the insured flowers were a bit of an oddity...I had no idea one could even insure that sort of stuff. I knew I had poked my nose into the world of Sonoma some time back in 2004 for an evening for a housing deco contest tour, but upon revisiting that body, was horrified to see the ensemble that some cretin in charge of transporting us between worlds, had swathed me in. Fortunately I was able to run to a tailor and for a small fee, have enough knowledge crammed into my head to sew a dress, and cobble up a pair of sandals. Several mongbats fell prey to my dagger, although I wanted blue sandals, alas I was not up to the challenge of a lizardman, so I had to make do with regular leather, and with the purchase of dye tub and dyes from my mongbat treasure, I hastily dyed my ensemble, hoping it would be dry in time for the wedding.

I ran about the vibrant landscape unaccosted, to the meeting point in West Britain, where the groom opened a magic gate for me to the location where the wedding was to be held. It was good to see familiar faces from Siege among the guests, transposed from their normal venues: Ariana, Blind Otto, Kelmo, and Dor, so I was not altogether a stranger in a strange land.

Dor did a great job with officiating the ceremony, and Tigs was at least gentleman enough to keep his grubby elven paws off the bride, until she said "I will" and his ring was on her finger. Considering it was Tigs, I suppose that was remarkable restraint.

Thanks for inviting us, Tigs!

-Skylark

K

Kimi_Mori

It was a lovely wedding
I don't see Zita's picture
It was nice to see so many names from Siege attending this wedding on Sonoma. And to see Dor out of her armor was a shock. That was the first time I have seen her in a skirt!

P

Pyrite_DTA

Congrats Lady Lavendar and Lord Tig!

It looks like I missed a beautiful ceremony, but the hour was a bit late for me as I was exhausted after spending the day chopping through ice and snow. My thoughts and good wishes were with you with each shovel full of ICE I tossed. Best wishes to you both!

G

Thank you all for coming.

Although it was a little strange seeing Otto holding up burnt bread for no apparent reason.

Poor guy has "seen" better days

G

lets hope that we dont get a ****load of news reports of things happening on prodoshards, because frankly i thought siege forums is for siege and the other shards have their forums too :O

G

Well! and with that let the romance die. Bahh no steak for you next month!

G

I seriously doubt you will see many reports such as this one that occured off shard. It did happen to feature a Siege pesonality. It may have been of some interest to the many broken hearts Tig's has left behind.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Although it was a little strange seeing Otto holding up burnt bread for no apparent reason.

Poor guy has "seen" better days

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone called for toast! I did the best I could at short notice!

As to the 'why cover this' crowd, well, several reasons, really.

First, I was invited. By someone who has played on Siege for a very long time.
Secondly, there were quite a few people there who also play on Siege regularly, and who were quite obviously there as their Siege personas.
Thirdly, believe it or not, it actually draws attention to Siege. I wouldn't make a habit of cross-shard event posts, but now and then, it is a GOOD thing to let people know that we're not the holier-than-thou players who hide behind our large, fortified wall. It's much the same as CWS's cross-shard road trips.
"Hi. We're from Siege. You might want to get to know us better."

Was this an event on Siege? No. Was this an event that involved people who play on Siege extensively? In my opinion, yes.

Do the numbers of those who enjoyed the article, and have PM'd me saying so outweigh those who are paranoid about being infected by something from Trammel? By miles.

Anyway, the nay-sayers are just jealous because they weren't invited.
To them, I say, with heartfelt honesty....

Nyaaahhhh.

G

pffft nothing against his or any other (specially not hahas and itachis) marriage, just seemed odd as i understood this happened on sonoma. but hey, luckily it at least was in uo and not in wow or another silly game

G

<blockquote><hr>

just seemed odd as i understood this happened on sonoma

[/ QUOTE ]

do you not read the replies?

G

Well I must admit for the brief few moments that I was there on Sonoma, just to dart from felucca to loan my GM+ tailored skirt to a guest attending the wedding, in order for her to look spiffy as a guest,

Tigs was by far........
"the most" dashing exceptionally matching, well groomed groom, that I have ever seen in 9 yrs. of UO, on any shards.

Hearty Congrats to the lucky, Valentine couple !

G

yes, still seems odd. i dont see any news report about people doing stuff in wow just because they were/are members of the siege community. but like i said, at least it has something to do with uo :/

G

Tis called roleplay, good Shakaja.

The premise, as loosely given at the start of my post, being that I was one of several folks from 'our world' who went to visit a strange land, where Tigsalot had decided to get married. As simple as that.

Of course, I have to wonder if they are legally married on Siege....?
Are Sonoman marriages recognised on Siege?
I have severe doubts, and think that we should hold the whole thing again here, just in case. We wouldn't want Tigsalot living in sin now, would we?

D

Dor of Sonoma

*laughs*

I love you dearly, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what the heck WoW has to do with this story or shard. That just has me scratching my head. *grins*

G

dont get me wrong, nothing against their marriage. i just dont see why a news report is made on sonoma instead of encouraging them to redo/hold the event on siege and make a report about it here.

the reason i was talking about wow is i dont see any difference if they hold their marriage on sonoma or on a wow server. it just doesnt seem to belong here, otherwise well just have everybody playing different games/shards and make reports about it here.

G

although im sure you're very proud of this little in game wedding and the fantasy world ur living in.

But i must say BOOOOOOOOOOOO to this trammie news! Show us the part where yall go pking after the wedding maybe i'd read it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It may have been of some interest to the many broken hearts Tig's has left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there is interest. The ramifications of this marriage are far reaching. I am even now preparing to file a Class Action Suit against Tigs, for breach of promise, among other things.

Exhibit on behalf of Savannah SP
Exhibit on behalf of GonthraX
Exhibit on behalf of Dor of Sonoma
Exhibit on behalf of Rumpy
Exhibit on behalf of Zigzag
Exhibit on behalf of Wilki
Exhibit on behalf of Kelmo
Exhibit on behalf of Delilah Jones
Exhibit on behalf of Wulf
Exhibit on behalf of Fabienne
Exhibit on behalf of Feyre

Actually, I think I will opt out of the Class Action and file suit separately, as I think I can prove my claim sufficiently on its own. He even offered me a ring once too, in front of everyone on these boards...alas, I didn't come across that one in my rummaging for evidence though, so probably will require witness testimony.

Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 1
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 2
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 3
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 4

-Skylark

P.S. I am sure many WoW players have been injured, but they can sift their own forums for evidence.

B

Beatrice Quill

I hate to break it to you, Goody, but YOU are also in this fantasy world.
YOU are roleplaying.

No?

Well, take another look. You are representing yourself to many other people as a little man running around in some form of medieval armor and/or clothing on a regular basis. You are calling yourself GoodGuy, which I am quite sure is not the name your parents officially gave you. It may not be purist roleplay, you may not be very good at it, but, you're roleplaying, like it or not.

"howls of anguish". Otto hit the nail right on the head with that one.

See you in the fantasy world.

B

Beatrice Quill

<blockquote><hr>

Will you marry me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm..... probably not. I mean, you're a very nice elf and all, and there is the question of whether Sonoman marriages are recognized on Siege, but my career as a scribe, currently in the employ of Blind Otto, keeps me EVER so busy. I'm just too much of a career girl to settle down right now.

[OC Disclaimer for the dense: that's also called role play. In RL, I'm happily married to Otto.]

G

Complaints about News Reports can be sent to [email protected] - they do not belong on the forums, so cut it out already.

- - - - -

Congratulations Tigs &amp; Lavendar!

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Tigs... a white tux? Who are you trying to kid?

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is the white tux is probably still appropriate a few days later...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Will you marry me?

[/ QUOTE ]

*adds Beatrice Quill to Class Action Suit*

*hands Lavendar a cast iron frying pan*

-Skylark

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Will you marry me?

[/ QUOTE ]

*adds Beatrice Quill to Class Action Suit*

*hands Lavendar a cast iron frying pan*

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]those frying pans wear out if used to much
Better make sure to lay in a large supply for her

G

[/ QUOTE ]those frying pans wear out if used to much
Better make sure to lay in a large supply for her

[/ QUOTE ]

*grins*

Most of the ones I make have at least 200 uses, so as such can be considered "heavy duty" but I will make sure there is an adequate supply for Lavendar's convenience. What might be better for her, is if I can figure out a way to add max SSI, and Lower Requirements to the pans so she can swing them with maximum efficiency at any strength/dexterity level.

-Skylark

P.S. It annoys me that when we make tools out of colored metals, they do not retain the metal color.

G

my sammy helm protects my soft cushy brain

and I gots enough PoF to last me a lifetime

G

<blockquote><hr>

my sammy helm protects my soft cushy brain

and I gots enough PoF to last me a lifetime

[/ QUOTE ]

Foolish elf n00b. All of my frying pans have "vanquishing" as a hidden mod. There is no resistance to them.

-Skylark

G

You had your chance with me. Just move on.

*throws a couple of gold coins on the floor*

and go clean yourself up

G

<blockquote><hr>

You had your chance with me. Just move on.

*throws a couple of gold coins on the floor*

and go clean yourself up

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'd be happy to, but like others, I have never figured out how to remove Tigs residue from the bottom of my shoes. It is one of the vilest, most clinging substances known.

-Skylark

G

I am about 9 years out of practice, but I think she is coming on to you.

Get er done!

G

I don't blame the poor gal,

You don't know what you have until you've lost it

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am about 9 years out of practice, but I think she is coming on to you.

Get er done!

[/ QUOTE ]

*coughs*

In spite of her recent lockdown distress, it isn't too late for me to give your dear landlady another fish tank or neon Buddha kitty for your room, you know.

-Skylark

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It may have been of some interest to the many broken hearts Tig's has left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there is interest. The ramifications of this marriage are far reaching. I am even now preparing to file a Class Action Suit against Tigs, for breach of promise, among other things.

Exhibit on behalf of Savannah SP
Exhibit on behalf of GonthraX
Exhibit on behalf of Dor of Sonoma
Exhibit on behalf of Rumpy
Exhibit on behalf of Zigzag
Exhibit on behalf of Wilki
Exhibit on behalf of Kelmo
Exhibit on behalf of Delilah Jones
Exhibit on behalf of Wulf
Exhibit on behalf of Fabienne
Exhibit on behalf of Feyre

Actually, I think I will opt out of the Class Action and file suit separately, as I think I can prove my claim sufficiently on its own. He even offered me a ring once too, in front of everyone on these boards...alas, I didn't come across that one in my rummaging for evidence though, so probably will require witness testimony.

Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 1
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 2
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 3
Exhibit on behalf of Skylark 4

-Skylark

P.S. I am sure many WoW players have been injured, but they can sift their own forums for evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, nice work Sky.