• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Dark Tower Gets Day in Court for Murder

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dark Tower Gets Day in Court for Murder -- Pre-Trial Hearing for Cymidei Fier
**disclaimer: This is NOT an EM event**

Time: 7PM - PST
Date: Thursday, May 14th
Place: Yew Courts (Trammel Facet)

The High Courts of Yew have announced the pre-trial hearing for the case of "The Kingdom of Britannia versus Cymidei Fier of the Dark Tower" with a charge of "Murder in the First Degree" against citizen Kellindil.

The court page, Meredith Taylor, will be handing out official summons to those who witnessed the "alleged" murder or were directly involved in the incident. Judge Ferris of the Yew Courts will be presiding over the official proceedings.

The pre-trial motions will include the following motions:
1. Official filing and complaint on behalf of the Kingdom of Britannia (petitioner)
2. Potential plea-bargain negotiations (petitioner and defendant)
3. The defendant's plea (defendant)
4. Bail (Judge's decision)
5. Setting the actual trial date if necessary (Judge's decision)

Signed,
Judge Ferris of the Yew Courts

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as reported by Anabelle Du'Val, Yew Court Reporter
Stratics Baja News

Last night, Judge Ferris, the prosecutor Baroness Malabelle of Old Trinsic, and Defense Attorney Adam Clayton, met to discuss the fate of murderess Lady Cymidei Fier and to set a date for the Trial, Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 7 PM PST.

The prosecutor brought numerous charges including high treason, attempted murder, resisting arrest and deceiving an officer. Judge Ferris, a portly fellow, enjoyed a palatial feast of chicken legs, ham and roast duck as he listened to the charges, frequently wiping his mouth on his robes while the attorneys hotly debated the charges.

Judge Ferris ruled that the charges of high treason would be dropped but sustained the other charges affirming that the Town Guard is a legitimate law enforcement agency that can arrest citizens and impose the King’s law under the guidance of Commander Nystad who reports directly to Lord Casca. Judge Ferris refused to hear arguments from the defense that the Town Guard is currently under investigation for misconduct and serious offenses against the Crown including that they were founded without royal permission.

During the proceedings the defendant, was observed to pick the locks that chained her to the bar with a small piece of bone. Rob Zombie, Lord Yalp, Xel the Wanderer and others tried to alert the guards that Cymidei was picking the locks but the guards did nothing until she had broken free.

Seizing an opportunity, Cymidei nearly escaped from the courtroom before she was surrounded by the guards. Later Guard Brackus wrote a scathing account of the night’s events in his log book, which can be viewed at the West Britain Guard Tower.Cymidei Fier was overheard screaming, as she was lead away by the guards that five would die in Britain for each day she is held prisoner. Shortly after midnight, five children were reported missing from the wharf and warehouse district of Britain. It is feared that they were taken by agents of the Dark Tower.

When the court reconvenes on Sunday, May 17th at 7 PM PST, the court will hear testimony from witnesses: Lord Xel the Wanderer, Lady Wildstar, Calyndrell, Kellindil vi Valdesin and Sleath Von Drakmor. The court will also sentence Lady Fier at that time if her guilt can be proven by the prosecution.

By Anabelle Du'Val, Yew Court Reporter

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come join us, Cymidei.

We get away with murder all the time.

Although, if DT had anything to do with kidnapping kids, we want no part in that. We've got enough people asking us to move out of their neighborhoods due to proximity to local schools and public libraries.

...what?

C

Cymidei Fier

mmm hey is that you Superken? From the Order of the Emerald Sashes? *hugs* Wow I remember you! Hey you're a murderer now?

I have been in jail now for a long time but they are going to finish up my trial tomorrow, Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 6 pm pst. After I am out of the clink I plan on raising more hell, including murder whenever I can. *grins*

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, the same SK that was in E/S!~

I wouldn't consider myself a murderer, I just like to play rough.

How did the trial go? I missed it.

C

Cymidei Fier

Convicted on all counts..sentenced to be burned at the stake after being flogged by the Town Guards or Inquisitor. My lawyer wasn't present, and I ended up incriminating myself on the stand.

Escaped from the courtroom and now a manhunt is on to find me, with a big price on my head.
Be on the look out for rumors leading to where I am hiding out...hehe.

C

Cymidei Fier

Yup, the same SK that was in E/S!~

I wouldn't consider myself a murderer, I just like to play rough.

How did the trial go? I missed it.
I so remember You *hugs* I like a man who plays rough /flirt