• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Champions Duel Day 1 Results

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champion’s Duel
Day 1 Results

By EMSeppo
goldenbrewtavern.com

Lady Nystad writes, “Day one of the Champion’s duel tournament was a success. There were few practical issues and couple of unfortunate no-shows, but a big round of applause goes out to everyone who participated and the audience members. I did not witness a single incident of griefing or foul play.”

Based on this report, I would have to ask who says that you cannot have an event in Felucca without disruption?

The highlights of the day (that I witnessed) were the dramatic end of the melee match between Athena and Mad Mardigan along with the hard fought battle between Orion and Chushingura which was settled in a death match.

A special thanks to Lady Wildstar and Sir Dodger for assisting with overseeing the duels. This allowed the use of all three duel arenas at same time.

There are still two starting rounds left (winners of all three rounds will go on to the semi-finals). If you would like to register for one of those rounds, please do so here. Also, note that you need to attend the event close to the start of the given time as you need to be available when your name is called.

Mage tournament

Group A
Kario vs. Profion –> Kario
Kario vs. Satan –> Kario

Satan vs. Profion –> Dead rubber match did not happen
Kario wins group A and qualifies for the semifinals

Group B
Chushingura vs Orion –> No winner

Chushingura vs Orion (death match) –> Chushingura​

King Kyrite (no show)
Chushingura wins group B and qualifies for the semifinals

Melee tournament

Group A
The Game vs. Claudia -> The Game

The Game vs. Elli -> The Game
Claudia vs. Elli -> Elli​

The Game wins Group A

Group B
Mad Mardigan vs. Deckeon -> Mad Mardigan

Braids (no show)
Mad Mardigan wins group B

Group C
LacyLoneStar vs. Sir Guildies -> Sir Guildies
Raza (no show)
Sir Guildies wins Group C

Group D
Athena vs. Zephyre -> Athena
Royal Fool (no show)
Leviticus (no show)
Athena wins Group D

Melee Finals
The Game vs. Sir Guildies -> Sir Guildies wins and qualifies for the next round
Athena vs. Mad Mardigan -> Mad Mardigan wins and qualifies for the next round

* Sara's note: This above was written by EM Seppo, and published on his website. I have taken the liberty of adding screenshots from the event. I apologize for not getting screenshots of every duel ... with action going on in the three arenas, I just could not capture all of them.​

I would like to commend all who participated in this first round of the Tournament of Champions. Without fail, every one of you showed the spirit of true sportsmanship. You are all Champions!

Champions Duel, Day 2, will be held Friday, March 27, 6pm to 10pm Pacific, Skara Brae Faire Grounds, Felucca.​

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kekeke You are all Champions!

Bwahahahahahhah!

Seriously though, congrats to all who attended.

=]