• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Champion Spawn At Destard Sunday Evening -- A Trammie Goes To Fel

G

<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="40" width="590" border="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="527"> <p align="left"> <font class="post">Sunday evening, I received a message, 'There's been a huge battle at Destard (Felucca) for a couple hours.' That got my curiosity going, so I went into stealth mode and headed over to see for myself.</font><p align="left"><font class="post">As I made my way through the dungeon, I started encountering a diverse group of people, a lot of guild tags, and a lot of activity. I will be honest, this was my first time to be in Destard when the champion was up, and I did not know what to expect ... other than if I were to be revealed, I would probably be attacked upon sight. Two groups knew I was there, but I am certain that in the heat of battle, it would be very easy to target first, apologize later. And I was not in communication with any group. My screenshots are all pretty much from one area as I tried to stay out of the way, and not wanting to reveal, I could not run from one location to another. To all of those I did not get in screenshots, I apologize. Since I was not there for the entire time, I will not try to report on who did what as I only have second hand information, and it is a reporter's duty to be unbiased and factual. I will present the screenshots from my pictorial vantage point:</font> <p align="center">
<p align="center">

<font color="blue"></font><font class="post">

</font></p> <p align="left"><font class="post">It was right about here when I learned that Rikktor, the Champion Spawn of Destard, has a nasty earthquake effect.

</font></p> <p align="left"><font class="post">Although I missed the first couple of hours of the fight, it was an enlightening experience to observe (and learn from) the portion I did see last night. It made me feel like an eight year newbie! I thought about joining in a couple of times, but let the notion pass as I would have been 'bringing a knife to a gun fight'. Yes, I did die twice ... once by Rikktor's earthquake, and once by rez kill at the shrine. (Even though I am Felucca challenged, I knew I should have gone outside and found a wandering healer, but gambled and lost!)</font></p> <p align="left"><font class="post">I thank <font color="#FF0000">Crow</font> for getting the message to me that something was happening at Destard. I hope to be able to cover more goings-on such as this.</font></p> </tr> </tbody> </table>

G

Hi Sara,

I have a suggestion if you want to cover big fights in Fel. Dont worry about dying. Go to the area nearly naked with nothing of value in your backpack. I know your probably wanting to stay alive so you can get good full color screen shots and the way around that is this. If you use UO Assist and you are dead, go to the part of UO Assist that allows you to view yourself as various creatures and animals and choose view yourself as a chicken. When you do this it allows you to see in full color even tho you are dead and you can even pull life bars. Then you just run around as a ghost and see all the carnage in living color with no fear of dying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you use UO Assist and you are dead, go to the part of UO Assist that allows you to view yourself as various creatures and animals and choose view yourself as a chicken. When you do this it allows you to see in full color even tho you are dead and you can even pull life bars. Then you just run around as a ghost and see all the carnage in living color with no fear of dying.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did utilize that feature, and that's how I got the screenshots outside the entrance at the end. (I am the chicken in the first shot outside.) However, inside the dungeon, even though it was in color, it was too dark to get screenshots. I don't mind dying if I can still get decent shots. Nightsight for Ghosts?

I

imported_Lariat

With the new LSN/SI alliance, there's enough drama in Fel on Baja as it is, and there are likely as many versions of how exactly the whole thing went down as there were players there, so I'll just say this... It was a blast. Most fun I've had in a while. Good fights all around.

L

LittleSpark

great job with the screen shots. i think you got more of me dead then alive but thats ok it was a blast. thanks you to everyone that was there and willing to stick around that long.

F

Fantaapple

when I come back I wont allow spawns to go past 7 candles =[] &lt;3 luv u all &lt;3

X

XTekNikX

<blockquote><hr>

when I come back I wont allow spawns to go past 7 candles =[] &lt;3 luv u all &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

7 candles? when did start being so giving fanta?