• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Casca Visits the High Council

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[size=+2]Lord Casca Visits the High Council[/size]

The little elf thief slipped quietly through the streets of West Britain on her way to the Councilor’s Hall. ”I know what I saw … and what I heard. I don’t care that no one believes me, I will be at the High Council meeting to see if it is true.”

She entered, unnoticed and smiled at how unaware people could be. All was quiet. The Council members were in their seats, the audience listening politely to the speaker of the moment. She sighed in relief but her breath caught in her chest as the doors opened.

“CASCA”, she exhaled.

The gathering was a mixture of stunned silence, mumbled “oh mys” and stammered greetings as Casca strolled forward and accepted the floor. The thief didn’t twitch, barely dared to breathe for fear she would reveal her presence as Casca began to speak…

Casca’s visit to the High Council may be viewed at http://vimeo.com/5600667. The video is 21 minutes long so for those of you with limited time or issues viewing videos here is a transcript.

Greetings, High Council.
As you all know, Britannia has fallen on dire times. The Shadowlord threat… The assassination of the great Clainin… and most recently the surge of pirate activity off the coast of Vesper.

To try to restore stability, certain changes have been taking place.

The new body of Royal Council has been moved to an advisory position, as intended when it was formed.

A new Captain of the Royal Guard has been chosen. When all is finalized he shall be introduced to the populace.

In order to stabilize the continent, the Guard must be strengthened. I shall see an open recruitment within the week, for any volunteers to the Guard to register.

The pirate threat to the Merchant Navy of Vesper must be dealt with. This fleet is very important to the economy of Britannia. I have assigned Marcus Murphy, scout for the Royal Guard, to investigate the matter. He is currently looking into Lady O’Malley… The head of the City of Pleasure Trading Company in Nujel’m. It goes without saying she is a person if interest in Mr. Murphy‘s investigations. The Guard will use physical force to stop the pirates, if necessary.

Many independent governments and non-sanctioned townships have been abolished, to consolidate and maintain order in such times. The Sultan of Nujel’m and I have worked hard to make their independence work…but their future is uncertain. I understand the Sultan’s Vizier was kidnapped by the very same pirates plaguing Vesper, And I fear for any destabilization the pirates may cause this island.

This High Council, followed and respected by many throughout Britannia, has thus far been excluded from this decree. My advisors insist you are too influential to abolish. For the time being, I have decided to allow this Council to go on existing. But I must hold your utmost loyalty, as now is a time for unity in Britannia

M

Myrkrid Ashen

That's some great footage. Too bad you didn't stick around for about half an hour longer, though. We were ambushed (or sieged is probably a better word) by the VTC, and arterial blood sprayed all over the walls of the council building.
While we were licking our wounds, Autolycus dropped by and everything descended quickly into an all-out pie fight. It was a crazy, crazy time.

:danceb:

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh* ... so I heard after the fact! Sorry, I had 21 minutes of video to deal with ... and pie fight... dang it, I always miss the fun! I want one of those pies.......

I will be back, camera in hand, uhm, you know....

I

IronHorse

This High Council, followed and respected by many throughout Britannia, has thus far been excluded from this decree. My advisors insist you are too influential to abolish. For the time being, I have decided to allow this Council to go on existing. But I must hold your utmost loyalty, as now is a time for unity in Britannia
This statement made by Lord Casca concerns me the most as it clearly indicates that he has indeed concidered abolishment of the High Council.
Let us not forget who established the High Council to begin with and for a "self proclaimed "King" to state that he has "decided to allow this Council to go on existing."
Well I find it unsettling and shall go forward with caution.
Lord Casca demands our utmost loyalty but what has he done to warrant such?
I do agree that now is the time for unity within Britannia,however I am not at all sure that this self proclaimed "King" is the one to bring such unity.
We have been told that the time is near at hand that each of us will have to chose between two opposing sides, we know that the Shadowlords are deceptive and once again they have begun to make their presense known and oddly Lord Casca comes among us at the same time after being absense for some time making demands of loyalty to him alone at the same time suggesting that it is only by his decree that the High Council shall continue to exist.
What truely makes a King a King?
For now Trinsic shall defend its borders as it feels are in its best interest and shall wait and see what reveals itself to be in the best interest of Britannia.

IronHorse
Governor of Trinsic

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outside the counselor's hall:

"Hmm", Hakeem muttered. " Casca again. Nice to see how our little council cowtows to brigands. Ironhorse seems to show character tho."
He jots a note in his workbook, green stained hands tremoring, age and years of noxious deeds making them unsteady. Unsteady unless grinding herbs.

"Seems no one notices the little wolf hidden in their midst. Aranel, Nwalme Goth, you use many names, many faces. Which is real? Reepacheap taught you many things it seems. I wonder where your loyalties lay."

Stopping by the mage guild on his way north, he purchases a surprising amount of nightshade. He checks his pack, noting his collection of fungus was still quite hi.

"Where are we to turn, when the noble and bold bow low to a simple metal hat, like sheep to the staff? Perhaps it is time for the despicable, the refuse, to rise up and show the way."

He turned back to town, making for the sewer. He knew a despicable fellow who could perhaps use the new batch in a subtle way to end this tyrant's little reign as 'king'.